joshoowah

T.J. Warren 2016-2017 Season Outlook

32 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Sell high while you can.  I highly doubt he will sustain the minutes, usage, and steals which are all inflating his value ATM.

There's no such thing as "sell high" in competitive leagues.

And I think TJ is for real. He has very little competition for playing time. His minutes are a little inflated due the fact that the Suns played 3 OTs in 6 games but he should keep playing 32-34 mpg for the rest of the season. He's been the Suns best 2-way player this year and Watson is a big fan of TJ's game. Last game they were running plays for him even when it was clear that it wasn't Warren's night. Before the season:

The steals don't look like a fluke either. He's been very active on the defensive end this year. NBA.com is tracking deflections this season and right now he ranks 4th in the league at 4.3. The rest of the top-10 are: CP3, Lowry, Rubio, Cousins, Kawhi, Wall, Dunn, Allen and Millsap, all high steal players every year. It will be very hard for him to keep his 2.2 stl per game but 1.5-1.7 is definitely in his range.

If he can average me 16-18 PPG, 4-6 rebounds, and 1.5-2.0 stls per game by seasons end, I will be one happy owner :)

2 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

If he can average me 16-18 PPG, 4-6 rebounds, and 1.5-2.0 stls per game by seasons end, I will be one happy owner :)

So far, he's actually doing higher than all the numbers you mentioned.  No reason for his usage to go down.  Of course, the challenge will be how he adapts once teams try to design game plans on how to limit him. Right now, his mid-range and driving game are on point, which makes it difficult to stop him.  He is more sneaky than he is flashy, which adds to his efficiency.

7 minutes ago, Blue Eagles said:

So far, he's actually doing higher than all the numbers you mentioned.  No reason for his usage to go down.  Of course, the challenge will be how he adapts once teams try to design game plans on how to limit him. Right now, his mid-range and driving game are on point, which makes it difficult to stop him.  He is more sneaky than he is flashy, which adds to his efficiency.

Indeed. Love that he's a slasher. He kind of just sneaks his way into plays.

29 minutes ago, VelvetMerkin said:

chucking up bricks

Hit 5 of his last 7 shots now after starting 0-5.  Suns would have been blown out by now if not for TJ.  He's probably gonna be tired in the 4th though.  He played the entire first, then sat down for less thna 2 minutes to start the 2nd quarter.

Man. Warren teased me last year so I was super hesitant to pick him up because I'd seen the same s--- twice in a row. I was waiting for one of his better games to finish before picking him up. But he got snatched up and now he's killing it. 

42 minutes ago, Blue Eagles said:

Hit 5 of his last 7 shots now after starting 0-5.  Suns would have been blown out by now if not for TJ.  He's probably gonna be tired in the 4th though.  He played the entire first, then sat down for less thna 2 minutes to start the 2nd quarter.

Yeah cant see him having much gas left in the tank for the 4th, already played 32 minutes with 3 left in the 3rd....

Started out cold and turned it on.  maybe got tired at the end,

I think the fact that the turned this game around says a lot about this breakout being for real.

Suns need a facilitator instead of Bledsoe cos Booker and TJ are the future. This team could do with some ricky rubio in their lives.

2 hours ago, ROTY said:

Suns need a facilitator instead of Bledsoe cos Booker and TJ are the future. This team could do with some ricky rubio in their lives.

Veterans involvement is really important for youth development, Lakers are doing this with Deng, Swaggy P and Lou Will in mix.what Sixers were doing, just threw the rookies and sophomores to the court, didn't really work

2 hours ago, playadelrey said:

Veterans involvement is really important for youth development, Lakers are doing this with Deng, Swaggy P and Lou Will in mix.what Sixers were doing, just threw the rookies and sophomores to the court, didn't really work

Who would have ever thought that swaggy P would be providing "veteran leadership"

Thought his steals would start trending down but 7 steals in the last two and he's got me impressed again.. his defense all-around has really been improved this season.

Suns fan here.  Stick with TJW.  He's the real deal.  The Suns want him to be a major cog in their offense ... basically a poor man's DeMar DeRozan.

Between him, Bledsoe, and Devin Booker they have three guys that can attack the rim.  If Marquese Chriss can stop fouling people every minute, he will help as well.

32 minutes ago, jspeed said:

Suns fan here.  Stick with TJW.  He's the real deal.  The Suns want him to be a major cog in their offense ... basically a poor man's DeMar DeRozan.

Between him, Bledsoe, and Devin Booker they have three guys that can attack the rim.  If Marquese Chriss can stop fouling people every minute, he will help as well.

Tony Jr. has been solid, love this guy.