hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

I ended up swapping Abdullah for this guy after the news broke. The way I see it, he's a lotto ticket, but he'll at least get a shot. He could fumble away that shot in about two games, but he'll get it. Detroit simply can't play Riddick too much, he's just not that type of RB. And I wouldn't worry about Joique Bell.

Edited by LongBalls

Mmmmm....from a backfield to avoid because of its severe committee to a backfield everyone needs a piece of in one injury because...well, just because. I'm happy the abiding belief in Tony The Tiger persists.:o;):P

..and, yes, of course, I have a share...which is (appropriately) buried very deep on my bench.

Because now we have a lead back who has proven himself consistently incapable of effectively running between the tackles and a big back who is so raw that he's likely unaware of the need to either block that blitzer or, in the off chance that spheroid is ever stuck in his midsection, that it is to be cleaved to. Hooray! :unsure:

Why is Joique Bell trending in a Dwayne Washington thread? Looks like this thread has become the "I missed out on Washington so let me try to make Bell relevant" Thread

I think people underestimate the power of opportunity..dwayne has been getting a small one now that's going to at least double...so maybe he does nothing maybe he runs for 75 yards and two scores

1 minute ago, Deadpool said:

Yeah, good thing I saw this before bed.

Same, @LongBalls post was money (thank you sir), unfortunately, I overspent on average about $25 in 3 leagues. Highest big was $4 and one league no one bid but me. I spent $28-$33 lol. Now I'll have to prob spend more than that in my other 3 leagues because their FA is tonight. I hate overestimating my opponents knowledge and perceived value on players. I always end up overpaying. Having said that, I hope everyone who got him hit pay dirt!!

So pumped about this WW pickup.

This is gonna be one of those game changing pickups that wins people leagues.

7 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

A little late on the trigger?

No just dont see anything to believe in this backfield. 

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Why is Joique Bell trending in a Dwayne Washington thread? Looks like this thread has become the "I missed out on Washington so let me try to make Bell relevant" Thread

That's the thing....we don't know if Joique is relevant or not.   Is it merely a depth move or something more? 

You guys made a good move rostering Washington, and now we see if he's a major part of their plans moving forward.   He's a hold for now. 

I would have grabbed him in my 12 team standard, but had to drop Ware of Jennings to do it.  

Considering he's [Joique] not even signed, he's not very relevant at all

Edited by lolcopter

5 minutes ago, AB84 said:

No just dont see anything to believe in this backfield. 

lol

The Curious Case of Dwayne Washington

Last Week: A 7th round picked, converted-WR/backup RB in college, who three people had heard of. 

This week: David Johnson.

Only on Rotoworld. You only have yourselves to blame when the tidal wave of disappointment comes. 

Epilogue

I own the guy so I obviously hope he plays like a cyborg Barry Sanders with rocket feet and laser arms. But this is getting out of hand...

8 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Same, @LongBalls post was money (thank you sir), unfortunately, I overspent on average about $25 in 3 leagues. Highest big was $4 and one league no one bid but me. I spent $28-$33 lol. Now I'll have to prob spend more than that in my other 3 leagues because their FA is tonight. I hate overestimating my opponents knowledge and perceived value on players. I always end up overpaying. Having said that, I hope everyone who got him hit pay dirt!!

No problemo!

1 minute ago, Rainyy said:

The Curious Case of Dwayne Washington

Last Week: A 7th round picked, converted-WR/backup RB in college, who three people had heard of. 

This week: David Johnson.

Only on Rotoworld. You only have yourselves to blame when the tidal wave of disappointment comes. 

Epilogue

I own the guy so I obviously hope he plays like a cyborg Barry Sanders with rocket feet and laser arms. But this is getting out of hand...

I don't know man.

He passes the eyeball test.

also the Christine Michael and Tyrell Williams hype trains are going well at the moment.

People always want to hype up their new toy. In reality, the Lions are a pass first team and Riddick is the pass catching back. D-Wash is probably looking at 8-10 carries, 1-2 catches + goal line early on. I will say that he does have some upside if he produces. Worth the stash as a TD dependent rb3, wouldn't start until we see his usage though. 

Note: I own Washington. Trying to be realistic here though. 

Just now, Red Sox Nation said:

People always want to hype up their new toy. In reality, the Lions are a pass first team and Riddick is the pass catching back. D-Wash is probably looking at 8-10 carries, 1-2 catches + goal line early on. I will say that he does have some upside if he produces. Worth the stash as a TD dependent rb3, wouldn't start until we see his usage though. 

Why did you have to piss in our Cheerios?

1 minute ago, Red Sox Nation said:

I have concerns Riddick will break if they increase his usage too much.

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

Yep I think Riddick will have trouble handling a full workload

I'm all in on this guy. For me it's championship or bust. Players like Washington emerge and help you win leagues, not scrubs like Yeldon.

Just now, ponchsox said:

I'm all in on this guy. For me it's championship or bust. Players like Washington emerge and help you win leagues, not scrubs like Yeldon.

I think that is the hope.  Waiver guy pays off......and Washington could be that one (fingers crossed)

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Yeah, that's my thought as well. I don't think they can (or want to) lean on Riddick too heavily.

Amen. Your bench should be guys with UPSIDE. Not scrubs. I put a bid in this morning. Hopefully I land him.

I was driving my kid to school this morning. While listening to my local sports talk radio (New England Area) in the car they mentioned that Aaron Dobson (who was eleased by patriots) was signed by the Lions, they also quickly mentioned that Abdullah was placed on reserve. At that point I thought o boy....riddick gets a bump sux I don't have him. Then wondered who the hell was the early down back. So I get home, get on the iPad, and go to rotoworld.com. I don't see any report about Abdullah heading to ir. Then I go to the forums and see that it's confirmed that my New England radio station was correct. At which point I was able to grab Washington in my league(s) in hopes that he will be At some point be....the next David Johnson. My question is...why did my New England based radio talk show break this news to me well before rotoworld did? They slackin. :)