hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

At worst, this guy will be an excellent bye week plugger and injury replacement with the possibility of being a grand slam.

16 minutes ago, Red Sox Nation said:

People always want to hype up their new toy. In reality, the Lions are a pass first team and Riddick is the pass catching back. D-Wash is probably looking at 8-10 carries, 1-2 catches + goal line early on. I will say that he does have some upside if he produces. Worth the stash as a TD dependent rb3, wouldn't start until we see his usage though. 

Note: I own Washington. Trying to be realistic here though. 

I agree, I think he has upside for more but this is what I expect as of now.

15 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I have concerns Riddick will break if they increase his usage too much.

You call that concerns, I call it hopes and dreams.

All aboard!

37 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I think people underestimate the power of opportunity..dwayne has been getting a small one now that's going to at least double...so maybe he does nothing maybe he runs for 75 yards and two scores

And when you compare him to high end duds like Bust Bustgram, Bust Burley, and DaBusta Bustman, what do we have to lose?

41 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Why is Joique Bell trending in a Dwayne Washington thread? Looks like this thread has become the "I missed out on Washington so let me try to make Bell relevant" Thread

Actually, i added Dwayne.
I just said that the fact that joique was working with the lions yesterday may cause a mess for us

The hype train is gaining unwarranted momentum. I picked him up because I am a AP/ Foster owner. Keeping fingers crossed

2 minutes ago, c_dilip said:

The hype train is gaining unwarranted momentum. I picked him up because I am a AP/ Foster owner. Keeping fingers crossed

Meh I think it's pretty warranted. He's big, he's fast, and he has a massive opportunity RIGHT NOW. With players like this I always say, we don't know, could be something, could be nothing, but in this situation, all signs point to us having a very good idea which is the correct answer by Week 4, and that's super exciting. 

Every highlight of him is running through a giant hole of blockers and defenders.  His speed looks legit but his ability to miss tackles doesnt look great to me.  Likes like a 2015 version of Demarco Murray to me...

That being said, I picked him up and am hoping for a fantasy savior...  Lost Kennan Allen and probably Moncrief shortly...

3 minutes ago, taobball said:

Meh I think it's pretty warranted. He's big, he's fast, and he has a massive opportunity RIGHT NOW. With players like this I always say, we don't know, could be something, could be nothing, but in this situation, all signs point to us having a very good idea which is the correct answer by Week 4, and that's super exciting. 

Correct. He is worth the risk. The only RB with Rest of the season potential RIGHT NOW. 

It all depends on the size of your league too. I am in a 16 teamer and I got him on the wire for a lot of cash but it was worth it for me when there is nobody out there. 

7 minutes ago, konstao said:
50 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Why is Joique Bell trending in a Dwayne Washington thread? Looks like this thread has become the "I missed out on Washington so let me try to make Bell relevant" Thread

I feel Bell was added by Detroit as a backup to the backup

"I know who I am! I'm the dude that's playing the dude that's disguised as another dude!"  ~RDJ Tropic Thunder

3 minutes ago, 5675309 said:

I feel Bell was added by Detroit as a backup to the backup

"I know who I am! I'm the dude that's playing the dude that's disguised as another dude!"  ~RDJ Tropic Thunder

Bell wasn't even added. He was brought in for a workout, he wasn't signed.

He has awesome potential but he is raw. He was a wr in college so his pass blocking and running up the middle Are probably not good. He's gotten lucky bouncing it outside but can't do that all the time or he will be Bryce brown like an earlier poster said. Hopefully he is a fast learner because he looks good so far. Sure ridiculous is the pass catching block but this guy was a wr before, he must have ok hands and hopefully knows a decent amount of routes

I would take Washington over any back-up RB right now unless you are bullish on handcuffing your own guys. Dude has a clear shot at a primary/starting role (even along side Theo) for 8+ weeks. There's not a reason IMO to hold another back-up over him. Even the guys in Minnesota getting reps I'd probably put behind this upside... yes Washington will split carries too, but the thing with McKinnon and Asiata is that McKinnon will only get yards and Asiata will only get GL scores, Washington was already the GL back in week 1, and now if he can get a sustainable floor with 10-12 carries a game, we're talking about a real nice weekly play. 

In week 1, the split was:

Abdullah: 12 carries (1 in red zone), 5 targets (1 in red zone, 1 TD)

Riddick: 7 carries (0 in red zone), 5 targets (2 in red zone, 1 TD)

Washington: 6 carries (2 in red zone, 1 TD), 0 targets

Best case scenario for this guy in this offense is that he becomes Abdullah + more red zone carries.  Realistically though, Riddick's role will increase and Zenner will also have a role.  

Hoping Dwayne converts in the red zone next week and catches a few passes.

2 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

In week 1, the split was:

Abdullah: 12 carries (1 in red zone), 5 targets (1 in red zone, 1 TD)

Riddick: 7 carries (0 in red zone), 5 targets (2 in red zone, 1 TD)

Washington: 6 carries (2 in red zone, 1 TD), 0 targets

Best case scenario for this guy in this offense is that he becomes Abdullah + more red zone carries.  Realistically though, Riddick's role will increase and Zenner will also have a role.  

Hoping Dwayne converts in the red zone next week and catches a few passes.

Even is riddick takes 15 carries and leaves washington with 10 there is huge upside

2 hours ago, dorsett33 said:

Lets temper the expectations and remain calm rather than blow up the thread with 40+ pages of "so happy I was able to snag him this morning! Let the good times roll!"  We did it last year with Zenner and look where that got us.  Let Washington prove it on the field then we can come on here and rejoice.  Until then lets all take a deep breath and keep our fingers crossed.  

i hope this thread turns into the josh Gordon thread the year he blew up. First cuz that means dw blew up but just as importantly that thread was so awesome it broke the rotoworld servers.

1 minute ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

Even is riddick takes 15 carries and leaves washington with 10 there is huge upside

If riddick Avgs 15 carries plus the 5+ targets he should get, lions will be adding bell sooner rather than later. 

5 minutes ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

Yeah that's my thing too. A GL back getting double digit carries is a Flex play to me most weeks. He has to prove he's competent to find his way in most of my lineups, but the thing is he can salvage any day with a TD, a la Langford on Monday night, so he's TD dependent as is, but if he's getting enough work that he can get yardage AND touchdowns, then you've entered the discussion of having a reasonable floor alongside a good ceiling.

Think about what Jeremy Hill did last year. He was pretty much an ineffective GL back averaging under 14 carries, 3.6 yards per carry, but still finished highly among RBs because of 11 TDs. I think that's a fair expectation if he just gets work and is ineffective. If he actually IS successful as a RB, can get that YPC up towards 4.5+, than we are really talking about something. Dwayne also should expect to see some targets. Riddick will be the preferred passing back, but in that Lions system, every back needs to catch the ball, especially when he, much like Riddick, spent time as a WR in college. 

I envision him being  the 1st, 2nd and goal line/short yardage back while AA is out.  

44 minutes ago, josht said:

Choo-choo! Here comes the Dwayne Train!

All Aboard!!

Hey, hey, hey !!

th.jpg

Buckling up for this next train.

I'm not sold that Riddick can do more than be a situational RB and I think Washington brings a lot to the table.

Much like Tyrell Williams I really like the opportunity.

If he helps them beat Green Bay in any way this week, he'll solidify a huge role for himself ROS.  

I can see it now...4th quarter, Lions down by 5, Dwayne takes the rock, stiff arms Clay Matthews and punches one in from 2 yards out for the win.

2 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

If he helps them beat Green Bay in any way this week, he'll solidify a huge role for himself ROS.  

I can see it now...4th quarter, Lions down by 5, Dwayne takes the rock, stiff arms Clay Matthews and punches one in from 92 yards out for the win.

FTFY. 

DWAYNE 2 da house.