hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

15 minutes ago, webster slaughter said:

If he used to be a WR why not bump Riddick to the bench and let this guy catch the passes? :)

Riddick also used to be a WR fwiw. Was a pretty good slot WR at Notre Dame before he got injured, then came back as a RB, which he was out of HS. 

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

The Zenner zealots have been noticeably absent.

I was a Zenner zealot but I saw the light and converted. :D

9 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

I'm not sure if people here are taking SPARQ scores seriously or not. Poe's law or something.

thatsthejoke.jpg

I picked him up because Theo Riddick isn't really a guy that can carry the load. Hoping for 10-12 touches.

2 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

There's going to be a lot of disappointment in this thread.

Someones upset they couldn't nag him in waivers

2 hours ago, ellie826 said:

If riddick Avgs 15 carries plus the 5+ targets he should get, lions will be adding bell sooner rather than later. 

Exactly. If the Lions give Riddick 20 touches a game, they'll soon have two RB's on IR.....

Edited by Sine_cera

3 hours ago, Red Sox Nation said:

People always want to hype up their new toy. In reality, the Lions are a pass first team and Riddick is the pass catching back. D-Wash is probably looking at 8-10 carries, 1-2 catches + goal line early on. I will say that he does have some upside if he produces. Worth the stash as a TD dependent rb3, wouldn't start until we see his usage though. 

Note: I own Washington. Trying to be realistic here though. 

The Lions didn't want to use Ameer Abdullah as an every down back and he's basically the same size as Riddick.  Washington is 6'2" 230.

He definitely has the size to take on LBs in pass protection ... that's important in a pass-first offense ... that and fumbles which is a knock on him in his draft profile.

But in today's NFL, a RB that has goal line and early downs and who can catch is automatically RB2 material.  Put him in a good offense ... which Detroit may be ... and you have a borderline RB1

I guess with all the RB injuries lately, Washington is a realistic start for some FF players. But is anyone starting him over a guy they drafted and who has started for you in the first two weeks?

1 minute ago, jspeed said:

The Lions didn't want to use Ameer Abdullah as an every down back and he's basically the same size as Riddick.  Washington is 6'2" 230.

He definitely has the size to take on LBs in pass protection ... that's important in a pass-first offense ... that and fumbles which is a knock on him in his draft profile.

But in today's NFL, a RB that has goal line and early downs and who can catch is automatically RB2 material.  Put him in a good offense ... which Detroit may be ... and you have a borderline RB1

This.   He's obviously a must add.

But in deep leagues I'd roster Zenner if I miss the boat on Washington.  Why?   The fumbling issues.  We saw with Ameer last year that this staff will plant Washington on the bench if he fumbles...and he has a history of doing so.

So, I haven't watch the Lion games, so I can't talk to Washington specifically.  I just want to say how remarkably this sounds like the CMike thread last year.

Just now, jbshaw said:

So, I haven't watch the Lion games, so I can't talk to Washington specifically.  I just want to say how remarkably this sounds like the CMike thread last year.

Which is awesome !

8 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

This.   He's obviously a must add.

But in deep leagues I'd roster Zenner if I miss the boat on Washington.  Why?   The fumbling issues.  We saw with Ameer last year that this staff will plant Washington on the bench if he fumbles...and he has a history of doing so.

I've never quite understood the attention Zenner gets in Roto and other FF forums. The few real-game NFL touches he's had put on display how limited he is as an RB (17/60/0 career rushing line). Plus a 7th-round rookie has been active over him in the first two games of 2016, which shows Zenner's value in the eyes of the coaching staff. If Washington starts fumbling and is benched, I'd assume the Lions have Joique Bell on speed dial.

I actually just cut  this guy for Jordan Howard. If Howard is still out there id make the move. Growing speculation that Howard will see an increased opportunity starting this week. I just think his upside for a 3 down role is there. 

Edited by chud12

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I actually just cost this guy for Jordan Howard. If Howard is still out there id make the move. Growing speculation that Howard will see an increased opportunity starting this week. 

Why is it more increased now than it was, say, for the past day or two?   Is it because of that Rotoworld blurb you just saw of some beat reporter stating the obvious?  Or has there been a new development?

2 minutes ago, Jaden374 said:

Why is it more increased now than it was, say, for the past day or two?   Is it because of that Rotoworld blurb you just saw of some beat reporter stating the obvious?  Or has there been a new development?

Well Langford has been quite awful. Common sense would suggest it's only a matter of time. I'm just saying Howard has a 3 down potential future role here and we know Washington does not. 

Edited by chud12

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I actually just cut  this guy for Jordan Howard. If Howard is still out there id make the move. Growing speculation that Howard will see an increased opportunity starting this week. I just think his upside for a 3 down role is there. 

The bears offense is a mess I want no part of it.

not to play devils advocate.

but if something like that happens with howard getting more carriers/etc, wouldn't it simply devolve into a murky timeshare?

Washington has a clear role carved out for him right now seemingly.

Edited by Jaden374

I am totally sold on this guy. He was already the goal line back with AA and Riddick. Now he's going to get 10-12 carries along with those goal line totes. Sign me up.