hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I actually just cut  this guy for Jordan Howard. If Howard is still out there id make the move. Growing speculation that Howard will see an increased opportunity starting this week. I just think his upside for a 3 down role is there. 

Do you have a link?

11 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I actually just cost this guy for Jordan Howard. If Howard is still out there id make the move. Growing speculation that Howard will see an increased opportunity starting this week. 

who?

Just now, timexsocialclub said:

Do you have a link?

Just now, timexsocialclub said:

Do you have a link?

Jordan Howard - RB -  Bears

The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs "would not be surprised" if Bears fifth-round RB Jordan Howard "sees his role grow soon."

Just speculation but Langford can't play this poorly much longer abd keep the starting job. 

So you went with a 3rd string guy who MAY get more snaps over the lead big back that definitely will get more snaps and GL looks? 

Alright then

Just now, mrblonde1984 said:

Be extra careful not to claim Deandre Washington on accident. Almost made that mistake myself...

lol....the ole'   David Johnson TE mistake 

https://vid.me/cVyL

He looks impressive as a rookie runner, especially on the second carry. He shows great vision by reading the blocks and hits the hole quickly with a good burst of speed. I'm all in.

2 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Be extra careful not to claim Deandre Washington on accident. Almost made that mistake myself...

Funny how quick things change.  Deandre Washington was a favorite sleeper pick of many before the season and during drafts.  Now the 4th string RB on a team with an awful rushing attack is the must-add.

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

lol....the ole'   David Johnson TE mistake 

In some of my faab leagues I almost had a huge bid in for Deandre. That would have sucked.

1 minute ago, Lord_Varys said:

Funny how quick things change.  Deandre Washington was a favorite sleeper pick of many before the season and during drafts.  Now the 4th string RB on a team with an awful rushing attack is the must-add.

I told you D. Washington would be a stud! :ph34r:

Unfortunately while I was pondering between Dwayne and Theo, Theo was picked up. I know Dwayne has high upside for TD and rezone carries, but can we see him adding value in the passing game at all? Basically, does Dwayne have value in PPR even with Theo taking most receptions?

1 minute ago, Grumption said:

Unfortunately while I was pondering between Dwayne and Theo, Theo was picked up. I know Dwayne has high upside for TD and rezone carries, but can we see him adding value in the passing game at all? Basically, does Dwayne have value in PPR even with Theo taking most receptions?

HE will definitely get some looks in the passing game.  I would assume somewhere between 1-3 catches a game.

3 minutes ago, Grumption said:

Dwayne profiles as a complete back based on his college usage and workout metrics. Riddick will still get a lot of looks, but I think he's shown he's best used in a complementary role. And like you said, Washington will likely see the goal line carries. Both figure to be useful, but yes, you probably should have just pounced on the sure thing in Riddick.

I haven't stat-checked the following, but here's some info:

Edited by LongBalls

Caldwell and company adore Riddick, that much has always been clear.  However, I'm with those predicting that Riddick will suffer with an expanded role.  IF Washington can avoid rookie mistakes and make enough splash plays, then getting most of Ameer's touches would be considered quite a success, especially given how he (Ameer) was looking to start the season.  And, as always, if the Lions lose Riddick, then holy smoke . . . 

Edited by Rolling Thunder

3 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Dwayne profiles as a complete back based on his college usage and workout metrics. Riddick will still get a lot of looks, but I think he's shown he's best used in a complementary role. And like you said, Washington will likely see the goal line carries. Both figure to be useful, but yes, you probably should have just pounced on the sure thing in Riddick.

Yeah I think you are right, I shot myself in the foot there. Our league has an unusual amount of RB's available, so when Riddick didn't get claimed I figured I had a little more time. Live and learn, won't let my hesitation get the best of me next time. Hopefully Washington blows Theo out of the water...

I see some potential value for the rest of the season but I think you can leave him as a free agent for this week.

-He might get 10 carries this week, maybe. Lions may be playing from behind all game so more pass plays (Riddick).

- Packers D has been really good against the run this year so any carries he gets yards could be hard to come by.

- I think he's still second in line for carries this week behind Riddick when they actually run the ball.

Best case scenario he plays well and earns half the snaps the rest of the year, becoming a low end RB2.

I'm still planning on picking him up next week but I don't think he's going to be a season savor. He's still a 7th round pick who has had 6 regular season carries in his career. 

Edited by LZBall27

Posted on Twitter by Kevin Cole (a big fantasy football data guy) http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2015/2/2/7959095/college-football-running-back-stats-melvin-gordon . D-Wash was basically a big play guy, who didn't play a major role and fumbled alot. 

Starting to feel like a Latavius Murray - Matt Jones mix here. Fast, but with little wiggle and some clear deficiencies. Seems like ability to hit on a big play will make his days. Again, this is just from looking at some Youtube vids and reading some articles. But most 6-1, 220 guys (sans AP) speed guys don't have a ton of wiggle or shake-n-bake to their game. 

I'll be holding on to him just in case he does hit, as his current goal line role will give him some upside as is, but not expecting much here. 

10 minutes ago, LZBall27 said:

I see some potential value for the rest of the season but I think you can leave him as a free agent for this week.

-He might get 10 carries this week, maybe. Lions may be playing from behind all game so more pass plays (Riddick).

- Packers D has been really good against the run this year so any carries he gets yards could be hard to come by.

- I think he's still second in line for carries this week behind Riddick when they actually run the ball.

Best case scenario he plays well and earns half the snaps the rest of the year, becoming a low end RB2.

I'm still planning on picking him up next week but I don't think he's going to be a season savor. He's still a 7th round pick who has had 6 regular season carries in his career. 

I don't think you should let him sit on waivers for this week unless you're in a shallow league or have a stacked roster. If he performs well this week you'll need to burn tons of FAAB or a high waiver claim on him next week. Might as well get him cheap now.

Certainly an enigma we have on our hands. I'm expecting Detroit to add someone else off the street to further muddy the situation. I'm cautiously optimistic that Washington can learn the position and develop into a lead back.

He does seem awfully green. David Walker (Lions RB coach) hasn't had a ton of success in the NFL. He never got 1K yards from a singular back during his 5 year tenure as a Colts RB coach. His most notable success was probably squeezing 814 yards out of Vick Ballard in '12. He couldn't do jack s--- with T-Rich and Gore failed to reach 1K yards for the first time since '10 in his first year as a Colt under Walker. 

So all things considered I'm not expecting a whole lot from the guy given his limited experience as a RB and given the situation. 

1. I see a little of a young Arian Foster in him. Nothing that really jumps off the screen to you, but he's a glider that isn't afraid to put his shoulders down and take contact. Same measurables as well. 

I don't expect any kind of breakout this week against the Packers top rated rush defense but he is as good a lottery ticket as any. Added him everywhere I had some room at the end of my bench.

4 hours ago, 5675309 said:

The problem with me picking him up right now is that I am harboring too many backs. I have Charles, Ware, Lacy, Rash Jennings, and Crowell.  I can only play 2 RB per week because there is no RB flex. There is also a backup QB and backup WR sitting on my bench with the roster positions filled. Do I drop Jennings for this guy?

I'm competitive leagues Washington will be scooped up this week if not already 

I just want to know why he lost the starting job to Gaskin last year at Washington... He has nice measurables, but I expect him to get 10 carries a game plus a reception or more a game plus some goal line touches so I'm not touching nor did I touch.