hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, Juke said:

Pass Happy Team.... this guy can catch the ball.

Isn't that what Riddick is for though?  Riddick seems to be entrenched as the pass catching dude on the team, we need Washington to be a plodder if he's going to have any chance at gaining a role on this squad.  If he has good hands that bodes well though as it gives him more potential for opportunities when he does get action.

I spent a quarter of my faab on this guy.  I'm a believer.  hes gonna be better than abdullah.  Riddick will stay in the same role he's had, hes a pass catcher, nothing more, he averages 3.2 per carry career.

17 minutes ago, iloveopenbar said:

maybe its the bourbon talking, but i'm tempted to flex him

Tempted?

Some of us don't have any choices left pal, the little yellow note pad next to the player name on Yahoo are all orange with big red letters saying Out or Questionable. Flex D-Wash or die tryin!

Definitely not going to flex him, using the wait-and-see approach here. He's got a chance to get most of the goalline work though. I'm guessing the first couple of weeks he'll be seeing 12-14 carries. What he does with those carries will dictate whether he moves up to the 15-20 plateau.

Riddick definitely isn't going anywhere. 

I'm not flexing him either.  I'm flexing tyrell Williams.  this dude is my rb2.  and I'm surprisingly excited about it. 

5 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Definitely not going to flex him, using the wait-and-see approach here. He's got a chance to get most of the goalline work though. I'm guessing the first couple of weeks he'll be seeing 12-14 carries. What he does with those carries will dictate whether he moves up to the 15-20 plateau.

Riddick definitely isn't going anywhere. 

If I were confident in 12-14 I'd probably be flexing. I'm thinking the first couple weeks we have a chance of it being a bit lower, but who knows. If he gets 12 carries this weekend I will be ecstatic. 

1 minute ago, hobbs28 said:

I'm not flexing him either.  I'm flexing tyrell Williams.  this dude is my rb2.  and I'm surprisingly excited about it. 

Theres no reason not to be excited about that. Whether or not it produces is a different story, but starting high upside guys with bust potential for a game will always be more exciting then safe plays. 

27 minutes ago, iloveopenbar said:

maybe its the bourbon talking, but i'm tempted to flex him

ayyylmao

1 minute ago, taobball said:

Theres no reason not to be excited about that. Whether or not it produces is a different story, but starting high upside guys with bust potential for a game will always be more exciting then safe plays. 

Ya good point.  I cant wait to see what happens.  I'm highly invested, used waiver spot/budget in every league.  Grabbed some Howard too, almost 45% on Wash/Howard in 1.  I'm probably setting myself up for massive pain...but I'm excited!!!

6 minutes ago, taobball said:

If I were confident in 12-14 I'd probably be flexing. I'm thinking the first couple weeks we have a chance of it being a bit lower, but who knows. If he gets 12 carries this weekend I will be ecstatic. 

Against an improved GB defense, at GB, I got no choice but to sit him. Can't justify starting him over Riddick or Crabtree.

5 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Does he step into AAs role and get early down work?

TBD. 

6 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Does he step into AAs role and get early down work?

I think it's a possibility later in the season, but right now I think it's Riddick's backfield. I'm guessing we're going to see Riddick in the game about 75% of the time, and seeing him possibly getting breathers every couple of sets.

I'm invisioning Washington getting betwen 8-12 carries, with Riddick getting around 8-12 also. They LOVE Riddick out of the backfield as a receiver, that alone adds about 40% more playing time for him.

13 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

There's going to be a lot of disappointment in this thread.

You do know most lotto tickets end in disappointment. You play the lotto in case he does blow up you got him for a fraction of the cost. He is raw and I don't think he'll contribute right away.

GB D is mad tough 

14 hours ago, dabeesta17 said:

I guess with all the RB injuries lately, Washington is a realistic start for some FF players. But is anyone starting him over a guy they drafted and who has started for you in the first two weeks?

I want to, but it's a very tough matchup

2 hours ago, hobbs28 said:

Rb2 is dw and your flex is Tyrell? Man you must've had a really rough draft/early Season.

4 hours ago, iloveopenbar said:

bourbon talking

username checks out  :D

interesting deployment of this ww phenom ... on the road vs. Pack?  

not for the squeamish, but ....

Image result for no balls no glory

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

GB D is mad tough 

Yeah but Detroit always plays them tough. They're one of my favorite rivalries 

Whelp was able to get him off free agency. I elected not to use my waiver on McKinnon.

Mckinnon, CAP and Whittaker all went in the waivers. 

Picked up Washington I free agency right after =)

Alll aboard!!!!!

In a small sample size GB is #1 (not good for DW) against the run. (middle of the pack last year).

I think this game is going to be a take Lions out to the back of the woodshed butt whoopin...

Playing from behind helps T Redick. DW will get his moments, just not this week imo

8 hours ago, c_dilip said:

Help me understand the hype here. This guy couldn't beat Ameer Abdullah and AA was drafted beyond the 9th round as a flier/ bye week fill in.

How would this guy suddenly become the savior just because an opportunity in a pass happy team opened up ?

Part of Abdullah's downside (and why he was drafted so late) was that he wasn't getting any goal line carries.  Washington was taking that.

So Abdullah was the biggest part of a pie that was still split 3 ways.

Washington is now the 2nd biggest part of a pie that's split 2 ways.  And it might be a 50/50 split considering Riddick's deficiencies running the ball.

And one of the reasons he couldn't beat Ameer Abdullah is because Abdullah is very good and Washington is a rookie.  But Abdullah is gone now...

The hype train is full speed ahead. 21% bid got him in exactly 0 of my 12 leagues. He went for up to 58%.