hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

Just now, Lord_Varys said:

Detroit has 47 rushing plays through 2 games, averaging 5.4 YPC (vs Indi and Tenn).

24 carries per game.

Is Riddick getting 15?  No?  Good.  Then Washington is good for at least 10 carries assuming he doesn't fumble it away to Zenner.

Think Washington won't take a couple catches per game?

You're looking at probably 50-70 yards per game and most likely all the goal line plunges.  Could do a lot worse.

Again, just pray he doesn't fumble it away.

Zenner will take 3-4. Stafford will take 2-3. 

Let's not forget that Dwayne Washington is a GREAT receiver.  I'm willing to bet that he gets at least a 1 target this week, and a good number of targets Rest of Season.  If they both stay healthy, Id guess the following split

Rushing attempts: Dwayne 80%, Riddick 20%

Goal Line Carries: Dwayne 95%, Riddick 5%

Receptions:  Dwayne 35%, Riddick 65%

Just now, konstao said:

This thread is hilarious. 

Im waiting for the next Matt Forte.

Besides winning my leagues, the two things I enjoy the most are drafting and overhyping our new lottery tickets.

Boy... I'm actually tempted to start DW over Hurns this week. I feel like a touchdown is a very good possibility.

9 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Zenner will take 3-4. Stafford will take 2-3. 

Stafford carries don't count as carries IMO unless he's running a draw. I'm not confident Zenner will steal touches, it depends on the production of Dwayne. If Dwayne can be consistent, which is far from a sure thing, I'd think the Lions would much rather have the Riddick+Washington tandem splitting all the carries, especially because Washington has been used as a short yardage and GL back and has a huge pass catching pedigree. 

12 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Didn't Riddick already get dinged in one of the first two games?

He was very briefly evaluated for a concussion then came back in.

this is a wait and see week for any Lions RB, IMO.  GB has been tough against the run and i expect much the same in their home opener.  Im not nearly as high as most on Riddick this week and i'd have to be in a pretty desperate spot to roll out DW this week.

2 hours ago, mar1kle said:

DW vs. DJ

The pre-draft combine measurables and profiles are eerily similar:

Drill David Johnson Dwayne Washington
Height 6'1" 6'2"
Weight 224 226
40 Yard Dash 4.50 seconds 4.44 seconds
Bench Press 25 reps 21 reps
Vertical Jump 41.5 inches 37 inches
Broad Jump 127 inches 127 inches
3 Cone Drill 6.82 seconds 6.9 seconds
20 Yard Shuttle 4.27 seconds 4.24 seconds

MATT FORTE

6`2''

222 LBS

40 YD - 4,46

20 YD - 4,23

3 CONE - 6,84

bench press - 23

vertical jump - 33

2 minutes ago, konstao said:

MATT FORTE

6`2''

222 LBS

40 YD - 4,46

20 YD - 4,23

3 CONE - 6,84

bench press - 23

vertical jump - 33

So you get the hype or don't get the hype?

31 minutes ago, konstao said:

MATT FORTE

6`2''

222 LBS

40 YD - 4,46

20 YD - 4,23

3 CONE - 6,84

bench press - 23

vertical jump - 33

Lol and overreactions are about to go crazy 

56 minutes ago, Mathew Berry said:

Let's not forget that Dwayne Washington is a GREAT receiver.  I'm willing to bet that he gets at least a 1 target this week, and a good number of targets Rest of Season.  If they both stay healthy, Id guess the following split

Again look at the Waldmen/Bloom video circulating on this thread. DW is not a great receiver when you look at the tape. If he was, he would still be one.

Forte and this guy don't move similarly at all IMO. I still think the best comp I've seen is Latavius Murray by quite a bit. Frames are remarkably similar to me as well as the way they just seem to move with their bodies when they run. Forte's not as big as these guys, no matter what the weight says. 

Found this quick statement in Forte's profile that explain to me exactly why they are different: "Forte' might lack explosive speed, but his lower body strength, balance and body control allow him to shift his weight, sink his pads and drive through arm tackles." Forte makes up for explosiveness by incredible body control. Washington lacks the body control but has the explosion. It's what makes him so damn exciting. 

Lets head right to the top...This guy is the second coming of Eric Dickerson!

1 hour ago, Mathew Berry said:

Let me correct your numbers. 

Rushing attempts: Riddick 55%, Dwayne 35%, Other 10%

Goal Line Carries: Dwayne ... or Zenner 

Receptions: Riddick 75%, Dwayne 25%

Oh and they've run the ball 21 and 22 times with the RB past two weeks. But... UPSIDE 

Edited by boltup15

it's the Lions

I'm tempted but waiting to see how it goes the next week or 2...

11 minutes ago, IHateFFButCantStop said:

I don't want to get ahead of myself here, and maybe it's just the lions uniform. but I can't help but shake the feeling we've got the next Barry sanders on our hands.

gee, I sure hope not ... last thing we need is a guy who quits on his team

now, if ya said BILLY SIMS, then, yeah ... ALL ABOARD!!1!111!

I can't see any reason why this guy won't finish as a top 10 rb in both standard and PPR this year. He's a couple games behind but after watching that YouTube video it's a given. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. 

It has become literally impossible to differentiate between hyperbole and analysis in this thread anymore...

But who said there actually IS a difference with Dwayne "God Mode" Washington. :ph34r: 

6 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

It has become literally impossible to differentiate between hyperbole and analysis in this thread anymore...

But who said there actually IS a difference with Dwayne "God Mode" Washington. :ph34r: 

I never knew there ever was a difference 

1 hour ago, Mathew Berry said:

There's a difference between being a wide receiver and catching balls out of the backfield. He was accomplished at the former in college and barely competent at the latter. Unless you're expecting him to line up out wide temper your expectations.

We're talking about a back who was beaten out by a freshman last season and who had great difficulty in such "accomplished " skills as accepting handoffs, pass blocking, reading interior blocking schemes, and ball security. We have no idea at this point which, if any, of these skills he has improved much less how much. Very much TBD

23 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Let me correct your numbers. 

Rushing attempts: Riddick 55%, Dwayne 35%, Other 10%

Goal Line Carries: Dwayne ... or Zenner 

Receptions: Riddick 75%, Dwayne 25%

Oh and they've run the ball 21 and 22 times with the RB past two weeks. But... UPSIDE 

Let me correct your corrected numbers...

Rushing attempts: Riddick 25%, Dwayne 110%, Other -35%

Goal Line Carries: Dwayne

Receptions: Riddick 75%, Dwayne 110%

All Dwayne knows how to do since his inception into the NFL is give 110%!!!