hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

I anticipate he'll be worked in slowly and possibly with some help from Zenner.  If he shows well, they'll give him more and more opportunities each week. 

He's clearly talented even if he runs a bit upright compared to most backs (perhaps why he's struggled with injuries in his past). Is there a chance the Washington (Husky) coaches failed to use him creatively and/or play to his strengths and that in this new setting he could thrive? 

I don't know much about the Husky or Lion schemes but it's just a thought. While he didn't start in college, he was able to leave early and still get drafted and is now knocking at opportunity's door. Maybe this is a case of changing scenery being a huge deal. 

I'm not anticipating much this week vs a stout and hungry Green Bay team playing in their Lambeau opener, but the schedule eases up after that and he could become a 50-80 total yards per game + .5 TD if all goes well. 

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Dwayne+Washington+Buffalo+Bills+v+Detroi

51 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

He looks like a blue Adrian Peterson

635875847731829399-USATSI-9021570.jpg

53 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

He actually looks like a white Adrian Peterson! ???

16 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

He actually looks like a white Adrian Peterson! ???

Huh?

2 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Huh?

I think he meant white lightning. 

Anyway, if he's half as good as AD I'll be pleased. I took a chance at white lightning in a bottle.

What would Zenner's role be exactly? Washington was already the goalline back before Abdullah went down and was already getting some early down work as well.

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

What would Zenner's role be exactly? Washington was already the goalline back before Abdullah went down and was already getting some early down work as well.

Zenner depth

16 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Zenner will come in once Washington fumbles 

18 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Zenner will come in once Washington fumbles 

so you're the GL back for your team, I'm assuming he's worked out the fumbling issues? 

Boltup15 is Zack Zenner

56 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

so you're the GL back for your team, I'm assuming he's worked out the fumbling issues? 

Umm how would I know. I don't go to their practices every day. I just think he's the biggest back and nice initial burst. 

But he did have a bunch of fumbles in college.... 

43 minutes ago, Spina said:

Boltup15 is Zack Zenner

To be determined. I actually don't think Zenner is that good. Sure he had a good combine but he's already being scratched for Dwayne. Maybe it's because Dwayne is great for special teams but obviously Dwayne gets the first crack at carries behind Theo Riddick

Edited by boltup15

4 hours ago, burninglegs said:

Jesus AP is such a man beast

Washington is definitely a bit skinnier in comparison

Guys stop all this hype you're gonna curse the poor kid like you did with Christine Michaels. Let's just stash him and see how he plays.

8 hours ago, bobbyn2022 said:

Guys stop all this hype you're gonna curse the poor kid like you did with Christine Michaels. Let's just stash him and see how he plays.

Or we could get the glory that is Gordon

14 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

He looks like a blue Adrian Peterson

Is that photoshopped? I never knew Peterson suited up for the Lions before...

Oh wait, it's just Dwayne the Pain Train Washington

The Pain Train is scheduled to arrive at Lambeau Field Sunday.  I will be on board.

From Waldman Football guys

How bullish are you on Lions RB Dwayne Washington? Can he become the starter in Detroit? 

Cautious optimism is the best way to describe my view of the rookie right now. Washington has always had the speed, balance, power, burst, and open-field vision of an NFL starter.  The issues that cost the former wide receiver the starting job at the University of Washington was his inexperience with the nuances of his new position: taking the quarterback exchange, ball security, running short outlet routes and tracking the ball, and pass protection. Most of all, Washington didn't understand the blocking schemes he was running behind and it led to boom-bust outcomes that often hurt the team more than it helped it.

Before the NFL Draft, I shared Washington's tape with C.J. Prosise's personal running back coach Chad Spann. I wanted to know if Spann agreed with me that Washington's raw talent was as good as I thought. Spann told me that if Washington learned the fundamentals of the running game, he had the physical skills and basic feel to become an NFL starter.

So why am I preaching caution? This summer, we saw Washington run the ball in a limited number of situations. The Lions didn't ask him to pass protect, he ran a limited number of routes, and the play selection of his runs was limited. 

The only areas where I saw significant improvement, albeit a limited sample, was ball security and taking the exchange with the quarterback. We really don't know how much Washington has grown. 

The rational assumption is that the Lions have seen enough from him in these areas to feel confident his growth in these areas. We also know that NFL teams give late-round picks and UDFAs very few reps in practice. The only reason the Lions noticed Washington enough to try him at running back was the rookie's kick return during a preseason game.

My advice is to view Washington's value to your team as a luxury at the end of your bench or as a lottery pick of extreme desperation. If we knew that he could pass protect or we saw him execute a wider range of plays, Washington would be among the top adds of the week and a player who could work his way into the Lions' rotation as a regular contributor with consistent fantasy value.

But we don't know this at all. If Washington only earns time during obvious running situations or Zach Zenner is the back sharing duties with Theo Riddick on passing downs, it's a good indication that the Lions realize Washington has a lot more to learn before he can help as an every-down contributor.

My advice: treat Washington like former Falcons' running back Antoine Smith. He's a big-play jackpot that will eventually hit on a play here and there. He may have even helped your team if you started him. But if you are seeking a season-long jackpot, you'll probably run out of quarters before he does.

What makes the situation more complicated is that Washington has more potential for growth than Smith. How do you apply this in a practical fashion? 

Add Washington: 

Don't add Washington: 

Where I lack confident answers about Washington:

I'd lean on keeping all of these backs over Washington. This changes if we learn that Washington has worked with a running back coach during the offseason on the areas where he was raw this time last year or if there are specific quotes from Detroit's staff about Washington's pass protection, short-area receiving ability, and overall growth with the nuts and bolts of the position. If the team only talks about Washington as a physically talented big-play threat, boom-bust remains the phrase to associate with the rookie. 

Can Dexter McCluster provide consistent fantasy value as a Charger? 

15 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

he's lacking muscle tone in his arms. Time to hit the bench bro.

Do you even lift?

Lack of muscle tone is from fat. So u mean he needs to hit up the stairmaster

Dgoat dont need no stairmaster

LOL at this thread.

Not productive as a college player.  Check.

Not impressive highlights.  Check.

Not a between the tackles runner, the biggest need for the Lions.  Check.

Fumble and injury issues.  Check.

A guy who plays like a scat back and best measurable is his 40 time and size.  Check

And for those that think he is a punishing type RB because of his size....

Last season the Huskies used a rotation at running back with four running backs totaling over 100 snaps. Most expected Dwayne Washington to be in the lead role this season on his own, however, that may not be the best option for the Huskies. Dwayne Washington graded as the 217th (out of 227) running backs in 2014, partly due to producing only 2.2 yards after contact in the bottom half for running backs with 25 percent of the carries.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/no-good-option-at-running-back-for-washington-huskies/

The two things he has going for him, he was drafted, so that is "their" guy, and the coaches seem to favor him.  I saw this with Leshoure and KSmith.

Doesn't mean he won't succeed, but holy hell, this is a guy with a lot question marks all over.  This is a guy with 226 career carries in college.  A guy with 41 career catches in college.

I'm not buying that waldman blurb at all.  I'm not starting him but I like his opportunity.  They were already giving him goal line carries... And now he'll get a few more carries during the game.  This is confirmed.

22 minutes ago, Sternes said:

LOL at this thread.

Not productive as a college player.  Check.

Not impressive highlights.  Check.

Not a between the tackles runner, the biggest need for the Lions.  Check.

Fumble and injury issues.  Check.

A guy who plays like a scat back and best measurable is his 40 time and size.  Check

And for those that think he is a punishing type RB because of his size....

Last season the Huskies used a rotation at running back with four running backs totaling over 100 snaps. Most expected Dwayne Washington to be in the lead role this season on his own, however, that may not be the best option for the Huskies. Dwayne Washington graded as the 217th (out of 227) running backs in 2014, partly due to producing only 2.2 yards after contact in the bottom half for running backs with 25 percent of the carries.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/no-good-option-at-running-back-for-washington-huskies/

The two things he has going for him, he was drafted, so that is "their" guy, and the coaches seem to favor him.  I saw this with Leshoure and KSmith.

Doesn't mean he won't succeed, but holy hell, this is a guy with a lot question marks all over.  This is a guy with 226 career carries in college.  A guy with 41 career catches in college.

Until he falls flat on his face, he's in a great situation and in line to produce immediately. This weekend will shed a lot of light for us all.

I've got him in my lineup and can easily see a cheap goal line TD or two for him on Sunday. Riddick is not built for the goal line.

Edited by Deadpool

in case anyone missed the memo u can't be trash and make it to the NFL, u can only be less than the best nfl players in their respective positions.