hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

On 9/22/2016 at 2:30 PM, TheFire said:

This place might crash if he goes for 100+ and a TD this Sunday.

Better than the Dwayne Train crashing!

46 minutes ago, Sternes said:

LOL at this thread.

Not productive as a college player.  Check.

Not impressive highlights.  Check.

Not a between the tackles runner, the biggest need for the Lions.  Check.

Fumble and injury issues.  Check.

A guy who plays like a scat back and best measurable is his 40 time and size.  Check

And for those that think he is a punishing type RB because of his size....

Last season the Huskies used a rotation at running back with four running backs totaling over 100 snaps. Most expected Dwayne Washington to be in the lead role this season on his own, however, that may not be the best option for the Huskies. Dwayne Washington graded as the 217th (out of 227) running backs in 2014, partly due to producing only 2.2 yards after contact in the bottom half for running backs with 25 percent of the carries.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/no-good-option-at-running-back-for-washington-huskies/

The two things he has going for him, he was drafted, so that is "their" guy, and the coaches seem to favor him.  I saw this with Leshoure and KSmith.

Doesn't mean he won't succeed, but holy hell, this is a guy with a lot question marks all over.  This is a guy with 226 career carries in college.  A guy with 41 career catches in college.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. – Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

he's capable of being a woodhead type player. not much in between tackles but he's a very good receiver and speed. if the blocking up front opens a little room it could be a huge week for washington

4 minutes ago, fantasymecca said:

he's capable of being a woodhead type player. not much in between tackles but he's a very good receiver and speed. if the blocking up front opens a little room it could be a huge week for washington

Lol. This thread is redic. Makes me want to drop him so I don't have to read this nonsense!

I was actually pretty surprised when he got one of the first goaline opportunities of the season for Detroit especially considering how good both AA and Riddick were looking. 

They drafted this guy for his upside. The plan i'm sure was to coach him up and basically teach him how to play rb like a man.  We'll see how that's going on Sunday.  I get while people are interested though. He's big. He's fast. He's a wr converted rb so should have decent enough hands.  Though because he has the size of a WR, we also must consider that he was converted because he wasn't doing well at the position.  So perhaps he doesn't have great hands.  I really don't know.  Which is also his appeal.  

Edited by mikeflavaz

19 minutes ago, fantasymecca said:

Theo Riddick is already their Woodhead type player. They need a North/South runner.

51 minutes ago, fantasymecca said:

Idk about "very good speed" ran an average 40 time 4.66 and a high of 4.77. Way more quick than fast. Dwayne Washington is the far superior athlete. 

Edited by TTRA1N

No one knows what exactly his role is, but it seems like he's got at least goal line and the possibility to hopefully take over Abdullah's role in a good offense. What's not to like? If you're in a keeper league, he is a no brainier pickup. Getting somebody with his measurables, speed, and game breaking ability? For free? Sign me up and let's get this train full and ready to leave the station!

looking long term here - if the kid can wrest this role and run away with it - coming outta their week 10 bye, and down the stretch, the pickins look pretty damn good - week 12 vs. Vikes looks to be the only roadblock (Thanksgiving day, who knows wtf will happen there), possibly the Jints if they can keep it up - but,  lotta foosball left to be played to see how this all shakes out.  

11 Sun, Nov 20 1:00 PM CBS  
12 Thu, Nov 24 12:30 PM CBS  
13 Sun, Dec 4 1:00 PM FOX  
14 Sun, Dec 11 1:00 PM FOX  
15 Sun, Dec 18 1:00 PM FOX  
16 Mon, Dec 26 8:30 PM ESPN/WatchESPN
Edited by pastorofmuppets2

21 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

If he gets 10 carries, goal line, few receptions 

Hes a top 15-20 RB. Yes, it's this bleak already.

And if he fumbles on his first carry it may be the Zach/Riddick show RoS.

For someone who doesn't run well between the tackles, the coaches sure do trust him down near the goal line. And that was before Ameer's injury.

My biggest concern is ball security. As mentioned above, if he puts the ball on the ground it could be the ZZ Top show while the rook rides the bench.

Anyone starting him this week? All the experts have him ranked low because "we don't know his role," but anyone gonna take the plunge? My other options are Yeldon and Hill, and honestly Washington probably has the highest upside out of those 3 for the reasons stated in posts above.

I am starting The Pain Train in my TD-heavy league at Langford's expense.

16-T i'm deciding between him, Ivory and Duke for RB2 and Flex.

Leaning towards giving Dwayne a go in one of those spots.

3 minutes ago, Spina said:

16-T i'm deciding between him, Ivory and Duke for RB2 and Flex.

Leaning towards giving Dwayne a go in one of those spots.

Certainly a worthy risk with these other sketchy options.  

I wouldn't start him over a Hill or Sims though

Dont usually make a habit out of starting RB2 type players against  #1 rushing defenses playing at home...

22 minutes ago, Kempimus Prime said:

Anyone starting him this week? All the experts have him ranked low because "we don't know his role," but anyone gonna take the plunge? My other options are Yeldon and Hill, and honestly Washington probably has the highest upside out of those 3 for the reasons stated in posts above.

I feel like this is one of those games where Green Bay reminds everyone that they're actually a really good team and dominate the Lions.

2 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

For someone who doesn't run well between the tackles, the coaches sure do trust him down near the goal line. And that was before Ameer's injury.

My biggest concern is ball security. As mentioned above, if he puts the ball on the ground it could be the ZZ Top show while the rook rides the bench.

Precisely. If you go off of the mess he was in college last season he's not NFL practice squad material despite his athleticism. But how much has he improved? The coaching staff trust implies significantly so.