hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

No way I'm starting him until I see how he's used. That said, I just had another owner ask if he's available for trade (for a WR3). No chance because you aren't gonna get anything valuable for him and the upside is worth holding onto to see how it plays out. Good luck to all of us!

4 hours ago, Holben said:

From a Packers fan, not a chance.

Theo Riddick is going to feast and Packers are going to crumble this week.

Our Defense hasn't looked worse than ever. All opposing teams have to do is get their WRs / RBs in between our zones and we're toast. It's heavily exploitable and apparent watching any GB games. Our team just doesn't have the intelligence to play zone.

As for our Offense. Jordy has lost a step. He is no longer streaking past defenders and letting Aaron throw him bombs. Aaron is also playing scared and creating pressure when there isn't one. He has no confidence in this offensive line for some reason.

This team isn't clicking this week vs a tough division opponent no matter where this game is played. Packers straight suck right now and we are one of the slowest adapting teams in the league.

With so many starters out, is the Pack really that vulnerable at home?  For those of us struggling with Jennings' bad hand and Langford's uncertain prospects, DWash is becoming a bit of a siren's song.  If the match-up isn't that bad, then maybe we just roll the dice this week.

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

ESPN Lions reporter Michael Rothstein believes Zach Zenner will have "some sort of role" with Ameer Abdullah (foot, injured reserve) out.

Zenner was inactive the first two weeks, but Rothstein thinks he could have a goal-line role and help close out wins in the fourth quarter. Dwayne Washington, who beat out Zenner in the preseason, is also well suited for those roles and should get the first crack. Washington did have some ball-security issues in the preseason, however, and Zenner's role could grow if those issues pop up again. Zenner is worth a speculative add in deeper leagues.

Yeah, his role will be polishing Dwayne's shoes when he needs a breather.

IDK why, but with the way fantasty has been to start the season, I just have a really bad feeling that something stupid and crazy is going to happen. Something like Washington fumbling and Zenner getting most of the early work after that. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. But, here's to hoping Washington has a decent game.

Edited by Castavar

You gotta sit him this week..unless he's the only RB you have left to start...This thread is just waiting to go bonkers though...

2 hours ago, CORTEz said:

You gotta sit him this week..unless he's the only RB you have left to start...This thread is just waiting to go bonkers though...

I would think so usually myself but GB is missing a lot of key pieces on defense and DET will give Washington at least 12 touches....just a couple is all it would take to be a good flex.  I'm tempering expectations to James Starks type usage..i have injury issues galore so he's the best option i have atm.

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

IDK why, but with the way fantasty has been to start the season, I just have a really bad feeling that something stupid and crazy is going to happen. Something like Washington fumbling and Zenner getting most of the early work after that. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. But, here's to hoping Washington has a decent game.

Neither is stupid nor crazy.  Both are well within the realm of likely outcomes.  A big day from DWash is the long shot, but to those who have rostered him, a shot worth taking in the short term.  That is FF, pure and simple.

3 hours ago, Castavar said:

Pretty much how it goes 

As someone who has picked up DWash in a couple of leagues, I'd say that the hype train needs to be slowed down, because  he plays for the Lions who haven't run the ball well or shown the intent to run the ball between the tackles under the this regime

You guys that are playing him tomorrow have balls of steel...or no other option.

Rodgers and McCarthy are pissed...I'll bet the Pack put up 40+pts at home forcing Stafford to make 40+ attempts through the air...Theo should be used heavily. Good luck guys...I'm gonna watch him on my bench and hope for the best

Take the over!

Green Bay announced today that linebacker Clay Matthews and safety Morgan Burnett have both been ruled out, after previously being listed as doubtful.

The Packers also downgraded two players who were previously listed as questionable — defensive tackle Letroy Guion and linebacker Datone Jones — to doubtful. Players listed as doubtful hardly ever play.

Packers cornerback Sam Shields was already ruled out with a concussion, so Green Bay’s defense is seriously depleted.

Edited by mar1kle

2 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

Take the over!

Green Bay announced today that linebacker Clay Matthews and safety Morgan Burnett have both been ruled out, after previously being listed as doubtful.

The Packers also downgraded two players who were previously listed as questionable — defensive tackle Letroy Guion and linebacker Datone Jones — to doubtful. Players listed as doubtful hardly ever play.

Packers cornerback Sam Shields was already ruled out with a concussion, so Green Bay’s defense is seriously depleted.

Or they have some sleeper #2s who are going to play some shutdown defense

On 9/22/2016 at 9:57 PM, bobbyn2022 said:

Guys stop all this hype you're gonna curse the poor kid like you did with Christine Michaels. Let's just stash him and see how he plays.

Best post i saw in this thread so far. This is how these disaster hype trains start. Page 1-4 "Has potential, im stashing on my bench" Page 19 "All aboard the RB1 train."

With that said, had to drop to stash Arian Foster in one and a K for my lineup in another league. Hopefully he can help the Lions but there just won't be touches to go around. Now if Riddick would ever miss time, i'm all over him. 

42 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Kyle Fackell had some pre-draft buzz. Not sure how ready he is though as he was pitted 3rd string, but he might get some looks.  The Packers secondary being depleted + the fact they have no pass rush just means the Lions will be even more pass happy.  Blake Martinez is suppose to be a run stuffing LB and he's active and healthy/will be relied upon more with Matthews out.

I'm starting him. I have like zero other viable options (Jeremy Hill v Denver, Yeldon, Duke Johnson, DeAndre Washington...) so why not. Lead me to victory!

Punching my ticket aboard the D-Train today (16T). Anyone jumping on with me?

9 minutes ago, Spina said:

Punching my ticket aboard the D-Train today (16T). Anyone jumping on with me?

I think I'm going to get on the train next week.  I'll stay on the platform for now =).

17 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I moved this fella for golden Tate

If you really needed a WR I guess I can see that.

This is a lotto ticket RB with prime opportunity in front of him. Tate is a WR3 that has been passed up by Jones.

2 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

This is a lotto ticket RB with prime opportunity in front of him. Tate is a WR3 that has been passed up by Jones and Anquan Boldin

ftfy

Schefter just said on NFL Insiders he believes Abdullah is done for the season and not coming back.

I agree that it's just wishful thinking that he would be back, torn ligament in your foot for anyone let alone a RB is no bueno.

50 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

This is a lotto ticket RB with prime opportunity in front of him. Tate is a WR3 that has been passed up by Jones.

Lions offense is still a developing entity.  Someone mentioned Boldin-  he's the ole' reliable slot third down guy.  Not the same as Tate.   Jones emergence is good for the entire offense and will keep heaviest attention off of Tate.     Too early to write him off. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Schefter just said on NFL Insiders he believes Abdullah is done for the season and not coming back.

I agree that it's just wishful thinking that he would be back, torn ligament in your foot for anyone let alone a RB is no bueno.

No Bueno indeed.    Washington has the golden ticket in his hand....will he use it or lose it?     I'll be watchin!!

Rotoworld is reporting that Abdullah will be back shortly after week 10.  LOL!