hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

So what's the take?  The better back, but 10/10 split.  Didn't see the game.  Does he still seem to have the upside, or is this train out of steam? 

After today's outing I would hope the coaching staff scraps the idea of making Riddick an all-downs Runningback. Washington is more than serviceable on running downs.

Hold until next week for me.

Edited by pdizzle710

He's a hold. Didn't produce too well but they were behind the whole game and he had 11 touches.

Dwayne looked good and had a goaline carry.  If Riddick continues to struggle Washington will get more carries.  

I don't think we learned much from this game. Look at all the people in this thread who were jumping on the "Train' and starting him today. Total insanity. He's a hold in deep leagues only and more of a handcuff to Riddick. Riddick is gonna get the bulk of the carries if he's healthy and the Lions are way too unpredictable week to week.

1 minute ago, Spicoli56 said:

I don't think we learned much from this game. Look at all the people in this thread who were jumping on the "Train' and starting him today. Total insanity. He's a hold in deep leagues only and more of a handcuff to Riddick. Riddick is gonna get the bulk of the carries if he's healthy and the Lions are way too unpredictable week to week.

thought he did alright, packers have a good rush D

I'm very encouraged by the rookie's first showing in a "full time" role.  He knew he was getting a serious look today and played with poise and toughness.

I saw him deliver hits and punish the defense, which is important for a RB to do.  Riddick does not give you this.

Nor does he break arm tackles, which I saw Washington handle as well.

This was a challenging game today for the entire Lions team and they found themselves in garbage mode early.  But I'm confidently holding Washington who's done nothing to earn less time in a capable offense moving forward.  Valuable handcuff and standalone value to gamble on when you need a goal line TD from a bye week RB.

Should've started Jeremy Hill...

But not a terrible outing in terms of future outlook. Definitely should improve.

without question this was a great game for him over the long term.

1) no zenner

2) riddick  9 carries for 10 yards?

3) he was "the one" who got the goalline carry on 3rd and 1 at the GB1

i am still sold on his outlook as a legit low end RB2 throughout the bye week duration.  only thing i didnt like is i thought hed be used in passing game a bit more.

the only people who should be angry are the owners who for some reason started him blindly this week.  he's a non start next week to continue to see how it shapes up but its looking like a real chance he will be able to give me consistent RB2 during the byes

anyone who was counting on high end RB2 (top 14 rb production in the nfl) or something like that was delusional from the start.  Which unfortunately i think is most of his recent buyers

2 minutes ago, Jaden374 said:

he only people who should be angry are the owners who for some reason started him blindly this week.

Only angry with themselves.

Definitely a hold considering Schefter's report that Abdullah is likely done for the year. Pretty much guaranteed to get 10-15 touches per game, along with goal-line carries. Still very raw, but should continue to improve as the season goes on. 

He should be a good flex play.

Could be even better if Riddick wasn't there.

8 minutes ago, Jaden374 said:

without question this was a great game for him over the long term.

1) no zenner

2) riddick  9 carries for 10 yards?

3) he was "the one" who got the goalline carry on 3rd and 1 at the GB1

i am still sold on his outlook as a legit low end RB2 throughout the bye week duration.  only thing i didnt like is i thought hed be used in passing game a bit more.

the only people who should be angry are the owners who for some reason started him blindly this week.  he's a non start next week to continue to see how it shapes up but its looking like a real chance he will be able to give me consistent RB2 during the byes

anyone who was counting on high end RB2 (top 14 rb production in the nfl) or something like that was delusional from the start.  Which unfortunately i think is most of his recent buyers

btw id like to point out that my post applies to him in standard leagues.  For PPR leagues, he's just going to be a TD dependent desperation flex in byes.

Riddick sucking at carries is great for a few extra carries for Washington going forward.  Zenner not being there is great for washingtons carries.  But as long as Washington goes the "averaging 2 catches for 10 yards" route, he's purely a desperation play unless riddick gets injured. 

Standard though, legit low end RB2 during byes...which are only coming up in 2 weeks (!) or so.

Edited by Jaden374

Today was almost perfect 

Zenner was irrelevant

Theo was embarrassing as a runner 

If this guy is getting 10-15 touches (with goal line), he's pretty much an RB2 at worst 

Starting vs Chicago next week 

13 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Only angry with themselves.

I started him but I'm happy for the long term. 1 yard away from having a respectable outing, and I could never predict Jeremy Hill dominating.

DET running game is as much a graveyard as it's ever been. Until they get rid of their coach that won't change.

1 hour ago, Spicoli56 said:

I beg to differ. Riddick didn't impress as a runner for the Lions; of course, they were behind, but Dwayne was a more efficient runner. Washington got 10 carries, and I see that increasing about 5 in a week or two.

If Caldwell is a capable coach, he'll realize that Riddick is a premier receiving back, but not a three down back or an early down back. I see Washington's value increasing as we go on. 

11 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

DET running game is as much a graveyard as it's ever been. 

They had 2 top 15 RBs just 3 years ago.  There's been value to be found here through the years.

I am fairly certain if Riddick hadn't s--- the bed on his first 6 carries and that it had been Washington in there, that this could've been a win for Detroit. It really hurt the Detroit that my Pack went up early while they tried pounding the ball with Riddick for negative yardage each time he got the ball.

Hopefully, the coaching staff sees it that way as well and we see a bigger does of Washington next week.

Good luck predicting touches week to week. I would be a lot more happy if he gets more targets in the receiving game, but that is solely Riddick's role. I'm a little encouraged, but Lions are a pass happy team. I don't see that changing which will vary Washington's value week to week.

For me there is a lot of Washington optimism, no Zenner, and likely more touches as the season goes on. Riddick looked terrible running the ball losing yardage instead of cutting it up for small gains.

3 hours ago, Spicoli56 said:

The Lions are stupid if they continue to give Riddick 10+ carries per game. He has had one great run this season (TD run against the Colts) but all his other carries have gone for a 2.9 y/c. Theo Riddick is a good pass catching RB in open space yet the Lions think he can do much more. Smh.

I was happy with today. Riddick struggled big time. Clearly cant be a early down back always. Washington will have a bigger role than i assumed moving foward.