hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

Hoping for a breakout next week. Riddick looked completely inept as a featured runner today. Green Bay is a stout run defense and I don't think Washington did anything to hurt himself, he's a hold for me.

5 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Today was almost perfect 

Zenner was irrelevant

Theo was embarrassing as a runner 

If this guy is getting 10-15 touches (with goal line), he's pretty much an RB2 at worst 

Starting vs Chicago next week 

Hell probably get hurt soon

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Already locked in vs Bears

Pretty much a lock for TD

Yep, Rotoworld is even calling him a flex for next week. Might give him a start

I didn't see the game...his stat line isn't really all that at 10/38/0

Did he look better than his stat line shows? I know they played from behind all day so that would explain the lack of volume but the 3.8ypc isn't exactly awesome.

He looked really good on a few of his carries.

3 minutes ago, BrokeLoser said:

I didn't see the game...his stat line isn't really all that at 10/38/0

Did he look better than his stat line shows? I know they played from behind all day so that would explain the lack of volume but the 3.8ypc isn't exactly awesome.

He got stuffed at the line of scrimmage a couple times but overall I thought he looked pretty good. WAY better than friggin Riddick

He looked very good against a tough run d.  So bummed I couldn't pick him up.

5 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Riddick as a running back was disgraceful 

no way Washington doesn't see 10+ carries in a likely blowout vs Chi

great bet for a TD - at least 1

this.

now, i love me some Theo in the pass catching/two minute/hurry up mode - that's what he excels in ... as an owner across two leagues i don't need to see him taking a beating and getting stuffed in the traditional RB sense ... that's not his gig. need this kid DWash to step up and alleviate that pressure, do the heavy lifting -  keeping Riddick fresh and allowing him to motor in his role.

oh, and i also own stock in DTrain across two leagues, so there's that :D

Very encouraging. He has scoring potential each and every week. That said, he is better used matchup-based in games where the Lions are favorites or at least can keep it close. Next week @CHI I fully expect solid RB2 numbers.

I just hope Jim Caldwell wants to establish a running game and not just rely in the the pass 80% of the time. 

Caldwell's incompetence was on full display, dialing up Riddick run plays that comically failed over and over in the first half. 

Remember the Lions managed to get behind by 3-4 touchdowns, so gameflow was against a lot of RB carries during furious comeback mode.  Hopefully Caldwell will watch the tape of Dal v. Chi and realize running is the way to beat the Bears.

I don't see it. He's a wait and see if you have bench space.

24 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

I don't see it. He's a wait and see if you have bench space.

Idk, I think there's a good argument to be a flex play.

He got 10 carries and 1 GL attempt. In many leagues I play in, that's going to be a flex play, especially cause there's upside for more, and he's playing a far worse run defense. He should average at least 4.5-5 YPC against the Bears. Say he gets 12 carries instead and manages to turn his catch into positive yardage and maybe you're looking at 65 yards with 2 GL carries? There will be worse plays next week. 

Guaranteed 20+ touches next week and almost a 100% chance he scores. Based on pure natural talent it's fair to assume he'll average right around 9 yards per carry. So at minimum you figure he's good for 180 and a TD next week. Any passing work he gets (I'd imagine at least 5 catches) will be a nice bonus. Gonna be fun to watch. 

4 minutes ago, ralphg13 said:

Guaranteed 20+ touches next week and almost a 100% chance he scores. Based on pure natural talent it's fair to assume he'll average right around 9 yards per carry. So at minimum you figure he's good for 180 and a TD next week. Any passing work he gets (I'd imagine at least 5 catches) will be a nice bonus. Gonna be fun to watch. 

I'd give Wash. a shot as my flex barring any better options.  It was an encouraging start but nothing to suggest wild "guarantees" being thrown around.   This is still a passing team and Wash is still a timeshare back.   

Hard to judge from this game as the script got out of hand quickly, but the rushing game doesn't appear to be as diminished absent Ameer as I thought it would be. As if we didn't already know it, Riddick lacks routine RB skills, so, if you want to run Washington is your best shot. He's moved up on my bench, but remains there even vs the Bears until we see whether there is any commitment to the run.

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

I just hope Jim Caldwell wants to establish a running game and not just rely in the the pass 80% of the time. 

Thanks for letting us know that you haven't watched a minute of Lions football this year

2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Thanks for letting us know that you haven't watched a minute of Lions football this year

@ Indi was a shootout.

v Tenn was a tough matchup for any RB

@ GB was garbage time all day, AND a stout run D.

Lions have a favorable RB schedule the rest of the way.  There will still be some shootouts to be sure, but it has to be encouraging to have a big bruising back who can actually punish a linebacker.  Maybe Cooter will realize what he has there.  Abdullah and Riddick aren't going to pound on a defense like you want a RB to do.