hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, boltup15 said:

 

Last week the o-line couldn't hold back Greenbay on most of Riddicks runs. Riddick is a fine in between the tackles runner. Just wait. 

 

No he isn't. We have 100 data points that say he isn't "fine." His career YPC is 3.0 which is not "fine."

 

Riddick is a scatback. He is not a 3 down between the tackles bellcow. Washington better fits that profile. 

 

Riddick is best served as a pass catching back out of the backfield + helping with 3-5 carries a game. A scatback he is, a bellcow he is not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

 

No he isn't. We have 100 data points that say he isn't "fine." His career YPC is 3.0 which is not "fine."

 

Riddick is a scatback. He is not a 3 down between the tackles bellcow. Washington better fits that profile. 

 

Riddick is best served as a pass catching back out of the backfield + helping with 3-5 carries a game. A scatback he is, a bellcow he is not.

 

He's not a Bellcow he's a 10-15 carry guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boltup15 said:

 

He's not a Bellcow he's a 10-15 carry guy.

 

If Riddick wants to keep 10-15 carries a game going forward, he's got some improving to do. And do quickly. 

 

Last 2 weeks:

 

Riddick-

 

RJfCKVn.png

 

 

 

Washington- 

 

xUbgxI6.png

 

 

Riddick: 21/46 @ 2.2 YPC vs. Washington: 14/69 @ 4.9 YPC. 

 

Chomp chomp, Washington is coming for the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But Detroit's CS is perfectly capable of stubbornly trying to fit Riddick's square peg into the power back round hole for a few more weeks.  They did it v. GB and it, along with being unable to stop the passing game, cost them a win.  Dwayne is going to have to force their hand by busting down the door with some long TD runs.  Hopefully he will do that this Sunday v. Chicago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

 

If Riddick wants to keep 10-15 carries a game going forward, he's got some improving to do. And do quickly. 

 

Last 2 weeks:

 

Riddick-

 

RJfCKVn.png

 

 

 

Washington- 

 

xUbgxI6.png

 

 

Riddick: 21/46 @ 2.2 YPC vs. Washington: 14/69 @ 4.9 YPC. 

 

Chomp chomp, Washington is coming for the job.

 

Last week like I said, GB got to him behind the line every time. Why not post Riddicks week 1 ypc.

 

Washington isn't coming for anyone's job. He's a complement at best for the Lions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

 

Last week like I said, GB got to him behind the line every time. Why not post Riddicks week 1 ypc.

 

Washington did significantly better than Riddick behind the same line against the same defense in week 3. To the tune of 29 more yards on the same number of carries. Also did better in week 2 efficiency wise on fewer carries.

 

I didn't post Roddick's week 1 YPC because Abdullah was in the picture then as Abdullah was the #1 RB and wasn't injured until week 2. I posted week 2 since that was the game that Abdullah got injured in and Riddick + Washington started getting more touches than they had previously. 

 

Then I posted week 3 since that is the most current data set + first game that Riddick played as the "#1."

 

Chomp chomp. Washington is coming for the starting job. Chomp chomp.

Edited by burninglegs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

 

Washington did significantly better than Riddick behind the same line against the same defense in week 3. To the tune of 29 more yards on the same number of carries. Also did better in week 2 efficiency wise on fewer carries.

 

I didn't post Roddick's week 1 YPC because Abdullah was in the picture then as Abdullah was the #1 RB and wasn't injured until week 2. I posted week 2 since that was the game that Abdullah got injured in and Riddick + Washington started getting more touches than they had previously. 

 

Then I posted week 3 since that is the most current data set + first game that Riddick played as the "#1."

 

Chomp chomp. Washington is coming for the starting job. Chomp chomp.

 

Chomp chomp.... Washington can only take Abdullah'a job and get more carries. Maybe 15 on a good day. That's his ceiling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

boltup--

 

See if you can use your arguments from this thread on the Washington owner in your league and then trade for Washington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

I don't see Washington really being useful until Riddick is gone

 

They're going to need him to be useful if they want to win.  You need to run to win and he's the only guy capable of running right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But Detroit's CS is perfectly capable of stubbornly trying to fit Riddick's square peg into the power back round hole for a few more weeks.

 

This right here is the biggest thing Washington has going against him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

 

This right here is the biggest thing Washington has going against him.

 

Touches plus the coaching staffs love for Riddick makes me wonder why I or anyone else would want him on their squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

 

He's not a Bellcow he's a 10-15 carry guy.

 

9 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

 

Chomp chomp.... Washington can only take Abdullah'a job and get more carries. Maybe 15 on a good day. That's his ceiling. 

 

 

Wait, so Riddick is a 10-15 carry guy but "maybe" Washington is a 15 carry guy on a good day. But Riddick's current role isn't at risk? You realize that Riddick has taken on Abdullah's job and that is the job we are discussing, right? 

 

 

 

T9rI1VS.jpg

 

 

Chomp chomp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

 

 

 

Wait, so Riddick is a 10-15 carry guy but "maybe" Washington is a 15 carry guy on a good day. But Riddick's current role isn't at risk? You realize that Riddick has taken on Abdullah's job and that is the job we are discussing, right? 

 

 

 

T9rI1VS.jpg

 

 

Chomp chomp.

 

Riddicks role is not in jeopardy. I wish I owned Riddick. But believe in the hype like every other FF owner because that's the most excitement you will get out of this guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boltup15 said:

 

Riddicks role is not in jeopardy. I wish I owned Riddick. But believe in the hype like every other FF owner because that's the most excitement you will get out of this guy. 

 

What Riddick role are you talking about? Are you talking about his current role or his previous role? 

 

I am talking about his current role is in jeopardy. I am not talking about his previous role (that he had last season and this season before Abdullah was injured). 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

 

What Riddick role are you talking about? Are you talking about his current role or his previous role? 

 

I am talking about his current role is in jeopardy. I am not talking about his previous role (that he had last season and this season before Abdullah was injured). 

 

 

 

I'm talking about the Riddick who is the running back for the Detroit Lions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anything more annoying than Riddick owners yapping about how hes gonna REMAIN a 3 down guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 77georgec said:

Is there anything more annoying than Riddick owners yapping about how hes gonna REMAIN a 3 down guy?

 

Except im not a Riddick owner and I don't see him as a 3 down guy...  I see him as a guy who will play 50%+ of the snaps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caldwell and Cooter apparently tried to use Riddick as a 3-down back yesterday and the result was a predictable yet comical disaster that pretty much lost them the game.  The question is, how long will it take them to learn from that experience?  They already had more than sufficient information before the GB game to conclude that Riddick was not going to be able to carry off a featured back impersonation.  Riddick had 43 carries in all of 2015.  43...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only carries Riddick has ever been successful on are Third and long draw style runs.  Running Riddick on predictable first downs results in terrible ypc, its just not his style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Touches plus the coaching staffs love for Riddick makes me wonder why I or anyone else would want him on their squad. 

 

Well, Washington got 10 carries versus GB when game flow was terrible.  Perhaps he can work up to 15 carries per game by keeping up the good work and game flow improving?  That's without a major revelation from the coaching staff.  Then add in the fact he's a coin flip to punch one in from the goal line, he's definitely rosterable at least in 12+ leagues as a bye week filler and upside guy.  Then, further, add that Theo has been injury prone, and you have potential.

 

Even if Riddick doesn't get hurt, it's certainly conceivable that the coaching staff realizes what they have in Washington and what they don't in Riddick.  I'm not betting on it, but it's possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

 

Touches plus the coaching staffs love for Riddick makes me wonder why I or anyone else would want him on their squad. 

Yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

 

I'm talking about the Riddick who is the running receiving back for the Detroit Lions. 

Riddick is the receiving back, not the running back...he proved he's not worthy of that role. It's clear Washington has the job for the remainder of the season.

 

Wondering if you still think Zenner is the back to own over Dwayne?? :lol::rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.