Rotoworld.com Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

Just now, yahyahtrick said:

Are you all hoping that he just carves out a bigger role for himself once Abdullah is back and plays well in the meantime?

I'm of the belief that Abdullah is by far the most talented back on this roster, almost blue chip. Riddick is a good football player and will get more looks in his already established role, including some more rushes.

I have a hard time believing Washington can / will actually take over and move Abdullah to back-up.

Perhaps I never realized how high on Abdullah I actually am, but I think we'd be singing a completely different tune if he was drafted by Chip Kelly or Andy Reid. LeSean McCoy 2.0.

No I think most people are making backup plans in case AA misses the season. When I hear foot sprain I always think LisFranc. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

No I think most people are making backup plans in case AA misses the season. When I hear foot sprain I always think LisFranc. 

Ah okay, that makes sense. I thought they had already counted LisFranc out, but it's certainly a huge worry if still on the table.

6 hours ago, burninglegs said:

As a Lions fan I still stand behind this from what I have seen. This kid runs hard and is the best suited for being a 3 down back for the team. He just needs more touches imo. Riddick and Zenner aren't going to cut it. If Abdullah is out, this kid could carve out a nice little role if he can keep producing when given more touches. I sure am rooting for him and I know other Lions fans are too.

I love Abdullah, he's extremely talented. They just need to FEED him. People say oh he's too small but the kid carried the rock at Nebraska. He is capable of the workload, but Riddick is too good in the passing game. 

2 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

I love Abdullah, he's extremely talented. They just need to FEED him. People say oh he's too small but the kid carried the rock at Nebraska. He is capable of the workload, but Riddick is too good in the passing game. 

Yes, it would be nice to see Abdullah get more of a workload. However, the size and speed of college defenders is much different than at the NFL level.

7 minutes ago, Spina said:

Fine I actually agree on the height thing for RBs, BUT the coaches preference is the one that matters to me, and they prefer Washington.

Also Zenner needs to be active to get any work, let alone 'extensive' work -- while Washington has a 20+yd run and a TD in the chances he hasn't yet had

NFL Draft Profile has Washington at 6-2 226 -- that's where I got the measurables  

What are you disagreeing with then?

52 minutes ago, bengals55 said:

I do think Washington is the guy, Zenner not to much. But thats just taking in with what the coaches have said

Lions liked zenner a lot last year then he got hurt so who knows lol

His 28yd run that someone was asking for earlier

The many videos from college Washington has on his twitter look much like this run -- only those are to the house

Being a former WR he catches the ball well too (preseason)

Edited by Spina

This was my favorite college tweet I saw on his page.

Big with long speed. I'm intrigued. Hope he runs away with his carries this week.

4 minutes ago, jeffnsee said:

Worth a high waiver? The fact that Abdullah is getting a second opinion and they worked out Joique may give Washington a chance to take control of this backfield. 

Im thinking if youre in the high waiver boat like i am hes the one worth a gamble

unless of course you think pitta can save your season

14 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

likely emergency contact to be on stand by ... no contract offer and would likely take ZZ's spot, not washington if anyone 

Yeah they know what they have in Bell. (A bum) but i like Washington and he looks like he can be an every down RB. Something we haven't had since Kevin smith.

Agree. Zenner is gone if Bell signs. I'm also looking to add Washington after waivers clear, not worth a waiver claim as most guys probably dont even know who he is or just don't believe in him since he plays for the Lions. All depending on league size of course. 

with the apocalyptic Sunday we just experienced, I would be very  surprised if this kid cleared waivers in any league worth it's salt - hell, he's a warm/healthy body with 'RB' next to his name.

face it, it's not like the old days where one had to dig for info on guys like this ... information is now disseminated at the drop of a hat, and all it takes for some shlub is to click a link prior to the waiver run to get the latest 'HOT COMMODITIES' update and act accordingly

ergo, methinks that if ya want him you're gonna have to burn a claim

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

with the apocalyptic Sunday we just experienced, I would be very  surprised if this kid cleared waivers in any league worth it's salt - hell, he's a warm/healthy body with 'RB' next to his name.

face it, it's not like the old days where one had to dig for info on guys like this ... information is now disseminated at the drop of a hat, and all it takes for some shlub is to click a link prior to the waiver run to get the latest 'HOT COMMODITIES' update and act accordingly

ergo, methinks that if ya want him you're gonna have to burn a claim

i hear ya...#2 waiver, im not sure i can bite though

I got hit with 3 RB injuries week 3, so i will be the owner targeting Rb's the most, so i think the ball is in my court so im taking the chances of him clearing. Personally think MIN backfield will go before him, and don't see 3-5 rb's getting picked up this week. With me being the owner getting hit the most

im not sold that he will be fantasy relevant this year, but what i will say, is that he looks good. he has looked very legit through preseason and what he has shown since the reg season started

I'm burning a number 1 on him in a 12 teamer...I own Abdullah though in that league along with other question marks langford and jamaal charles......also only league out of 4 I don't already own him so I'm looking at it as all in...

Edited by hard1