hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, boltup15 said:

I'm talking about the Riddick who is the running back for the Detroit Lions. 

I'm not sure if you are trolling or just having a hard time following the ongoing conversation. 

The issue isn't Riddick, as he will still have a role even if Washington takes the lead back role. That is the role we are talking about. 

Whether Riddick should continue to be that 10-15+ rushes per game + catches or if Riddick should go back to his 2015 role + 2016 role before Abdullah got hurt. 

1. Riddick's previous role (last season and this season before Abdullah got hurt) was 3-6 rushes a game and 5-7 targets/game.

2. Riddick's new/current role (this season now that Abdullah is hurt) is 10-11 rushes a game and 5-9 targets/game. 

So @boltup15 the issue is what is Riddick best suited for between his previous role vs. his new/current role. They are significantly different in terms of rushing attempts with receiving game being the same. 

My argument is that Riddick is a scatback and there fore scenario #1 above suits him better than scenario #2 above. Riddick has shown that he isn't a between the tackles guy. He is best suited for 3-6 carries a game + his receiving work. 

We aren't talking about Riddick as a player on the team as he will still be involved regardless and should be. He is a very talented pass catching RB out of the backfield.

3 minutes ago, Thinkingcap said:

Would it be crazy to fire him up against CHI who got eaten alive by Zeke?

I'm strongly considering it. Lions have a better offense than Dallas, I think there will be plenty of GL opportunities for Dwayne. He definitely won't get 32 touches like Zeke, but he just needs around 15 touches and GL carries to be a strong Flex.

58 minutes ago, Spina said:

Riddick is the receiving back, not the running back...he proved he's not worthy of that role. It's clear Washington has the job for the remainder of the season.

Wondering if you still think Zenner is the back to own over Dwayne?? :lol::rolleyes:

I never said Zenner was the back to own. I said don't be surprised if Zenner takes some carries. I expected 3-4 from him week 3. He had zero. 

49 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

I'm not sure if you are trolling or just having a hard time following the ongoing conversation. 

The issue isn't Riddick, as he will still have a role even if Washington takes the lead back role. That is the role we are talking about. 

Whether Riddick should continue to be that 10-15+ rushes per game + catches or if Riddick should go back to his 2015 role + 2016 role before Abdullah got hurt. 

1. Riddick's previous role (last season and this season before Abdullah got hurt) was 3-6 rushes a game and 5-7 targets/game.

2. Riddick's new/current role (this season now that Abdullah is hurt) is 10-11 rushes a game and 5-9 targets/game. 

So @boltup15 the issue is what is Riddick best suited for between his previous role vs. his new/current role. They are significantly different in terms of rushing attempts with receiving game being the same. 

My argument is that Riddick is a scatback and there fore scenario #1 above suits him better than scenario #2 above. Riddick has shown that he isn't a between the tackles guy. He is best suited for 3-6 carries a game + his receiving work. 

We aren't talking about Riddick as a player on the team as he will still be involved regardless and should be. He is a very talented pass catching RB out of the backfield.

My only argument is that Riddick is going to get 50+% of the snaps and around 10 carries a week. But also that Washington averages 8-13 carries a week and maybe a reception or two plus a couple goal line carries. I don't think riddick is as bad in the running game as people think. I watched each run and he had some good plays. He also got gobbled up behind the line like Gordon last season. I just don't see Washington as a useful stash on my bench. I see higher upside players than Washington and don't see a situation while Riddick is healthy in which I will feel comfortable with Washington at the flex. 

Riddick will break down.  No way he stays healthy all season long as the #1 RB.  He needs his role as the 3rd down pass catching back and Dwayne as the 1st/2nd down goal line back.  What's the matter with this Lions coaching staff... can they see the forest through the trees?!

1 minute ago, dorsett33 said:

Riddick will break down.  No way he stays healthy all season long as the #1 RB.  He needs his role as the 3rd down pass catching back and Dwayne as the 1st/2nd down goal line back.  What's the matter with this Lions coaching staff... can they see the forest through the trees?!

Think they now see this, and that's what we should expect to see going forward.

43 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

My only argument is that Riddick is going to get 50+% of the snaps and around 10 carries a week. But also that Washington averages 8-13 carries a week and maybe a reception or two plus a couple goal line carries. I don't think riddick is as bad in the running game as people think. I watched each run and he had some good plays. He also got gobbled up behind the line like Gordon last season. I just don't see Washington as a useful stash on my bench. I see higher upside players than Washington and don't see a situation while Riddick is healthy in which I will feel comfortable with Washington at the flex. 

If Riddick goes back to his 3-6 rushes and 5-7 targets/game like last season, there will still be plenty of touches to go around to Washington. 

In 2015 between Bell + Abdullah they had 233 rushing attempts on the season. Riddick had 43 that season. Definitely enough touches for Riddick to stay similar to where he was last season (+ gain a few extra with Abdullah out with injury). 

10-15 rushes + GL for Washington is definitely possible in this system. Joique was #14 RB in standard leagues in 2014 and #17 in 2013. 

Washington has more upside than Bell. Washington has RB2 ability in the Lions offense with 10-15 rushes + GL work. If that isn't worth it to you, then I don't know what to say to you.

8 minutes ago, Spina said:

Think they now see this, and that's what we should expect to see going forward.

Caldwell sees nothing. He is one of the worst coaches in the league. Another Coordinator that should have just continued to coordinate. There is no guarantee that common sense is heeded when Caldwell is determining how common the sense is.

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

If Riddick goes back to his 3-6 rushes and 5-7 targets/game like last season, there will still be plenty of touches to go around to Washington. 

In 2015 between Bell + Abdullah they had 233 rushing attempts on the season. Riddick had 43 that season. Definitely enough touches for Riddick to stay similar to where he was last season (+ gain a few extra with Abdullah out with injury). 

10-15 rushes + GL for Washington is definitely possible in this system. Joique was #14 RB in standard leagues in 2014 and #17 in 2013. 

Washington has more upside than Bell. Washington has RB2 ability in the Lions offense with 10-15 rushes + GL work. If that isn't worth it to you, then I don't know what to say to you.

In ppr that's not worth a bench spot. In standard possibly if I'm weak at RB. But I'm not weak at RB even going zero RB. 

Riddick wont go back to 3-6 rushes. That was when he was getting less than 30-40% of the snaps. 

We we will see how the situation breaks down but last week was pretty telling that the coaching staff believes in Riddick a lot more than Washington (a guy who got beat out by a rookie in college). 

16 minutes ago, dorsett33 said:

Riddick will probably regress to passing downs role where he excels.  Wash in the Joique Bell role.  Both players should have value.

As a Lions fan, Riddick just can't run in between the tackles.. I have Washington and might start him next week. I could see 10-15 carries and then a goal line TD which I would be happy with.

After watching the game last night, I'm really thinking about flexing .  Even Jerry Jones could have picked up a few yards on the ground against the Bears. 

19 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

In ppr that's not worth a bench spot. In standard possibly if I'm weak at RB. But I'm not weak at RB even going zero RB. 

Riddick wont go back to 3-6 rushes. That was when he was getting less than 30-40% of the snaps. 

We we will see how the situation breaks down but last week was pretty telling that the coaching staff believes in Riddick a lot more than Washington (a guy who got beat out by a rookie in college). 

When a new coaching staff takes over a program, his guys tend to play. The picture you paint is inaccurate. 

13 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

*sigh* keep on chasing the hype train. I'll stash higher upside players over this guy. 

First play in 16-Team League, then tell me who has higher-upside. Thrilled to have a boarding pass.

1 minute ago, Spina said:

When a new coaching staff takes over a program, his guys tend to play. The picture you paint is inaccurate. 

First play in 16-Team League, then tell me who has higher-upside. Thrilled to have a boarding pass.

You make it seem like playing in a 16 team league is a "big boy" thing. In 16 team leagues I would definitely want Washington on my bench. 

Simply making the point that in larger leagues Dwayne Washington is the upside player you're advising people to pass on, while poop-pooping him at every turn.

33 minutes ago, Spina said:

There's no fun in having to roster the waterboy 

Yeah I play in a few deep bench 12 teamers and he's probably one of the highest upside waiver moves I've been able to get my hands on. No way you're not rostering this guy in deeper leagues, his potential to take a decent share of the work load cant be denied.

Edited by !!!

While I'm hoping Washington is more than I bye week option I'm not all that convinced he will be. Mainly because Detroit has a long history of not running the ball, going all the way back to Barry Sanders (hard to believe but true). Sure Barry got a ton of yards, he was also the forgotten man at times. Once again recently Detroit has not shown a real commitment to the run, hence the shifty Abdulla & pass catching Riddick at the top of the depth chart.

Edited by Red Dog

3 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

While I'm hoping Washington is more than I bye week option I'm not all that convinced he will be. Mainly because Detroit has a long history of not running the ball, going all the way back to Barry Sanders. Sure Barry got a ton of yards, he was also the forgotten man at times. Detroit has not shown a real commitment to the run recently, hence Abdulla & Riddick at the top of the depth chart.

Whar does berry have to do with Washington? If it's different coaches then don't bring them up. If you have facts on Caldwell then sure, but bringing up a long history is pointless. 

Edited by suckmyforte

4 minutes ago, suckmyforte said:

Whar does berry have to do with Washington? If it's different coaches then don't bring them up. If you have facts on Caldwell then sure, but bringing up a long history is pointless. 

They haven't had a dominate or even a very good running game since, mainly because they would rather pass.

Edited by Red Dog

And how many different coaching staffs have they went through since Sanders retired?

what a silly argument.