hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

Player A and player B both play on the same team, behind the same OL and against the same defense. 

Player A: 10/38

Player B: 10/9

Neither player did well, but one did better than the other. One did horrendous. Out of player A and B, who had the better day with the same number of touches against the same defense?

I'll go with player A for 100 Alec.

5 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Player A and player B both play on the same team, behind the same OL and against the same defense. 

Neither player did well, but one did better than the other. One did horrendous. Out of player A and B, who had the better day with the same number of touches against the same defense?

C, None of the above

C6Uemlm.gif

Just now, Trifecta said:

C, None of the above

Again, I said neither A or B played well but one of the two did better than the other. So option C is invalid and your test gets thrown into the shredder. 

If we are going to complain about the OL for how poorly Riddick did, how come Washington didn't do as poorly as Riddick? Maybe because Washington is the better runner. Not that crazy of an analysis to make.

19 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Again, I said neither A or B played well but one of the two did better than the other. So option C is invalid and your test gets thrown into the shredder. 

If we are going to complain about the OL for how poorly Riddick did, how come Washington didn't do as poorly as Riddick? Maybe because Washington is the better runner. Not that crazy of an analysis to make.

Totally.  Or that Player B is slight of frame and once he gets hit he goes down faster than Kim Kardashian.  Player A more rugged and can actually withstand the hit of an NFL linebacker.

I don't care at this point.  Let them continue to feed Riddick.  Only increases the odds that my waiver RB wins me a championship when/if Riddick goes down.  Nothing but a role player until then.

Edited by Lord_Varys

Problem seems to be that Reddick was drafted on teams and Washington was not. The owners for Reddick seem to think he is the better back but the statistics so far don't really prove it. Washington is unproven so far but has a better YPC. 

Truth is we really won't know until we get some more clarity from the Lions offense on what they want to do. We do know that Washington will be the goal line back which gives him some value. However, Reddick is more of a PPR play. 

45 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

C, None of the above

C6Uemlm.gif

YPC for a 10 carry sample size is just dumb imo.

He had a carry for 1 yard on 2nd and 1 and gave his team a first down, but this hurt his YPC. Are we gonna make a big deal about that? 

In his first game he had 2 GL carries for 1 yard and 1 TD. That's 0.5 YPC. If you ignore the situation, he was the worst RB ever. 

His only negative carry came on 3rd and goal from the goall ine. Other than that it was all positive gains, and a few chunks, with none over 10 yards. To act like he had a terrible day on the ground to be is ludicrous. 

54 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Great analysis. 

Until Washington starts getting more carries, his value in standard leagues will rely on the GL touches and potential for TDs

until that point, he'll be as TD dependent as they come

1 minute ago, boltup15 said:

Great analysis. 

So are you saying the Lions OL blocked differently for Riddick than they did for Washington? Please explain the disparity in production between the two. I'm all ears.

2 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

So are you saying the Lions OL blocked differently for Riddick than they did for Washington? Please explain the disparity in production between the two. I'm all ears.

Washington wasn't getting hit 3 yards behind the line. 

Maybe people here here should watch games rather than rely on boxscores..

And Riddick was?

what difference does that make? He's not even close to being able to support a 3 down role

6 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

You realize that I am a Lions fan and watch all the games, right? 

There was no difference between the Lions OL blocking for Riddick or Washington on Sunday. Washington was significantly quicker to the LOS on his carries. Riddick appeared more hesitant and not as decisive. Riddick is a scatback and not meant to carry the load. Not a between the tackle runner. 

Another interesting stat; Washington's first NFL carry was for 28 yards. The five longest carries in Riddick's 4 year career are only 21, 16, 12, 10 and 9 yards. Those are the 5 longest runs Riddick has ever mustered in the NFL in 4 years. He is not a between the tackles runner. He should be used to his strength which is a pass catching back out of the backfield that can do his thing in the open field.

Edited by burninglegs

3 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

You realize that I am a Lions fan and watch all the games, right? 

There was no difference between the Lions OL blocking for Riddick or Washington on Sunday. Washington was significantly quicker to the LOS on his carries. Riddick appeared more hesitant and not as decisive. Riddick is a scatback and not meant to carry the load. Not a between the tackle runner. 

Another interesting stat; Washington's first NFL carry was for 28 yards. The five longest carries in Roddick's 4 year career are only 21, 16, 12, 10 and 9 yards. Those are the 5 longest runs Riddick has ever mustered in the NFL in 4 years. He is not a between the tackles runner. He should be used to his strength which is a pass catching back out of the backfield that can do his thing in the open field.

Ahh so Lions fans no more than everyone else and can more accurately analyze their players... gotcha. 

Just now, boltup15 said:

Ahh so Lions fans no more than everyone else and can more accurately analyze their players... gotcha. 

See below:

11 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Lol oh Chargersfan, this is the exact same rationale you used to discredit Tyrell Williams and pump up Dontrelle Inman

17 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Until Washington starts getting more carries, his value in standard leagues will rely on the GL touches and potential for TDs

until that point, he'll be as TD dependent as they come

Right now he may be TD dependent but he still has the upside of getting more volume as the season goes on.

He's still a bench stash for me right now but he could payoff big down the road.

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

Lol oh Chargersfan, this is the exact same rationale you used to discredit Tyrell Williams and pump up Dontrelle Inman

Starting to come to the conclusion that he just might not be that good at discovering or analyzing NFL talent.

1 hour ago, burninglegs said:

31 minutes ago, taobball said:

YPC for a 10 carry sample size is just dumb imo.

He had a carry for 1 yard on 2nd and 1 and gave his team a first down, but this hurt his YPC. Are we gonna make a big deal about that? 

In his first game he had 2 GL carries for 1 yard and 1 TD. That's 0.5 YPC. If you ignore the situation, he was the worst RB ever. 

His only negative carry came on 3rd and goal from the goall ine. Other than that it was all positive gains, and a few chunks, with none over 10 yards. To act like he had a terrible day on the ground to be is ludicrous. 

LOL I just wanted an excuse to post that ralph gif.... I wasn't expecting such emphatic rebuttals to my Ralph Wiggum.

6a6WxTi.gif

11 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Starting to come to the conclusion that he just might not be that good at discovering or analyzing NFL talent.

... but one hell of a fisherman - he's hooked plenty of folks past couple days. 

Lions and Chargers both sux. I'm here to see analysis of DW..both have No Super Bowl rings or even playoffs. 

i got both and waiting to see who I'm going to drop.,

2 minutes ago, jeffnsee said:

Rotoworld now calls Dwayne an 'upside Flex' for next week

The sooner you realize "Rotoworld" is just a dude in a chair reading articles like the rest of us, the happier you will be :) 

I consider him startable but I would ideally want to wait another week to see if the trending is in his favor or if Jim Caldwell remains Jim Caldwell and runs Riddick into the back of his lineman over and over.