hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

If he gets a TD this week and 50 yards I'm happy.

Let's get this athletically gifted sonofagun going.

Theo Riddick has 100 carries over the last 3+ years and a TOTAL 300 yds rushing to show for it (For comparison [cuz it's fresh] DaVonta ran for 152 on FOURTEEN carries). Point being, 3 ypc isn't impressive and it doesn't get you a feature role as the "running" RB. Theo is a great "receiving" RB, and he does bust off the occasional 15-20 yarder. But he's never going to be the guy closing out a game and he's never (until 9/25/16 cuz I said this out loud) going to house one from 70 yards. 

I'm guessing we are going to see DWash (who made running forward look a lot easier than Theo did last week) will be a  14-17 touches per game guy VERY soon. The only caveat to this prediction is he has to do something with the carries. If he has a couple, 2, 3 games where he's no better than Riddick, then RBBC. If he can get closer to 4.5-5.0 ypc for 15+ carries, I think he takes lead, Theo does what he does best. 3rd down/receiving RB.

I have shares of Dwash, and I'm hoping they mature. 

8 minutes ago, WAGERKING said:

SO why was he drafted 7th round?

Not a natural in between the tackles runner and has ball security issues. I know people want him so badly to be David Johnson 2.0, but it's simply not going to happen. The best you are going to get is a FLEX or low RB2 (which is not bad at all). Lions are simply a pass happy team that will never dedicate their gameplan to running the ball, which limits the ceiling for Washington as Riddick steals all passing downs. Now, if Washington gets more targets out of the backfield, then you will have a little bit more.

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

Not a natural in between the tackles runner and has ball security issues. I know people want him so badly to be David Johnson 2.0, but it's simply not going to happen. The best you are going to get is a FLEX or low RB2 (which is not bad at all). Lions are simply a pass happy team that will never dedicate their gameplan to running the ball, which limits the ceiling for Washington as Riddick steals all passing downs. Now, if Washington gets more targets out of the backfield, then you will have a little bit more.

Well, I'm glad you're clairvoyant and know exactly what his ceiling is.

1 minute ago, Deadpool said:

Well, I'm glad you're clairvoyant and know exactly what his ceiling is.

No need to get defensive and salty just because everyone doesn't think he is David Johnson 2.0

3 hours ago, burninglegs said:

Was an embarrassment to pro football players and to the Lion's organization

As a Lions fan you surely must realize how absurdly low this bar is.

1 minute ago, Lord_Varys said:

:( Hey, be nice....

2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Abdullah was quite fantastic last year actually..... But otherwise I agree haha

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

No need to get defensive and salty just because everyone doesn't think he is David Johnson 2.0

All I'm saying is there is no way you could know that low end RB2 is his ceiling.

Yes the Lions have been a pass happy team for years now, but Reggie Bush was able to play at RB1 level for a while and Bell was a high end RB2 for a bit.

10 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

but Reggie Bush was able to play at RB1 level for a while and Bell was a high end RB2 for a bit.

+1.

In standard leagues: Joique was #14 RB in 2014 and #17 in 2013. 

In PPR leagues: Joique was #13 RB in 2014 #14 in 2013.

Bush was #7 RB in PPR and #10 in standard in 2013. He missed much of '14 with injury.

Joique wasn't some stud RB. He was a by-product of the offense. I'd say that Washington upside is way higher than anything Bell could ever do. 10-15 carries + GL work is definitely enough to make Washington a high end RB2/even low end RB1 depending on how productive and efficient he can be.

Snead for him is a pretty good return before he's scored 10 fantasy points in a game. I would still feel scared though. That FOMO....

3 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

This isn't even true.

Detroit's perpetual devotion is rooted in the franchise's ability to repeatedly spin the same hype year in and year out. 

The bar is never low. It is always high enough to crash down upon, break, and build anew; reinforced with hope just in time for the draft.

2 hours ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

This isn't even true.

Detroit's perpetual devotion is rooted in the franchise's ability to repeatedly spin the same hype year in and year out. 

The bar is never low. It is always high enough to crash down upon, break, and build anew; reinforced with hope just in time for the draft.

OT but how is Detroit even still exist.

6 hours ago, Castavar said:

I'm sure Arian Foster and Tom Brady would love your assessment of draft position.

8 hours ago, Deadpool said:

If he gets a TD this week and 50 yards I'm happy.

Let's get this athletically gifted sonofagun going.

Image result for coals hoveling gif

2 hours ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

This isn't even true.

That Aaron Rodgers hail mary pass was a sad day for the Lions and super annoying if you were playing v. Rodgers in fantasy, but they didn't have Dwayne last year to punish opposing defenses and run out the clock with the lead.

can't put this genie back in the bottle now, as per Mensio:

Start of the Week: Dwayne Washington at Bears:Washington was the waiver-wire darling of Week 3. Unfortunately, he was faced with a brutal matchup against the Packers’ No. 1 run defense in a game the Lions had to play catch-up for 3.5 quarters. This is a prime post-hype sleeper spot for Washington. After being massive underdogs last Sunday, the Lions are now three-point road favorites. Game flow projects to be in the Lions’ favor, and they’ll also be way up in pace. Detroit is 23rd in offensive pace, and the Bears are sixth. That’s the fourth-largest pace gap of Week 4. Opposing offenses are running on average 68.3 plays per game versus the Bears. No team has faced more rushing attempts than Chicago (92). Equally-bad against both the run and the pass, the Bears are 27th in team-defense DVOA, 26th against the pass, and 26th against the run. They’re missing a ton of defensive starters, including NT Eddie Goldman (ankle), ILB Danny Trevathan (thumb), OLB Pernell McPhee (knee, PUP), and OLB Lamarr Houston (torn ACL, I.R.). Goldman was PFF’s No. 9 run-stopping defensive tackle out of 70 qualifiers before going down. The Lions tried to use Theo Riddick as a between-the-tackles runner in their first game without Ameer Abdullah (foot, I.R.), but Riddick managed just nine yards on 10 carries at Green Bay. Washington turned his 10 carries into 38 yards. Beat writers are expecting Washington to get more work in this one. A floor of 15 carries with 20-plus upside seems reasonable. Only the Saints, Redskins, and Bills have surrendered more rushing touchdowns than the Bears to running backs through Week 3.

This is the breakout game boys. Perfect timing for Spencer Ware's week 5 bye. Depending on how DWash does, he might be entrenched in my lineup for the ROS.

18 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

can't put this genie back in the bottle now, as per Mensio:

Start of the Week: Dwayne Washington at Bears:Washington was the waiver-wire darling of Week 3. Unfortunately, he was faced with a brutal matchup against the Packers’ No. 1 run defense in a game the Lions had to play catch-up for 3.5 quarters. This is a prime post-hype sleeper spot for Washington. After being massive underdogs last Sunday, the Lions are now three-point road favorites. Game flow projects to be in the Lions’ favor, and they’ll also be way up in pace. Detroit is 23rd in offensive pace, and the Bears are sixth. That’s the fourth-largest pace gap of Week 4. Opposing offenses are running on average 68.3 plays per game versus the Bears. No team has faced more rushing attempts than Chicago (92). Equally-bad against both the run and the pass, the Bears are 27th in team-defense DVOA, 26th against the pass, and 26th against the run. They’re missing a ton of defensive starters, including NT Eddie Goldman (ankle), ILB Danny Trevathan (thumb), OLB Pernell McPhee (knee, PUP), and OLB Lamarr Houston (torn ACL, I.R.). Goldman was PFF’s No. 9 run-stopping defensive tackle out of 70 qualifiers before going down. The Lions tried to use Theo Riddick as a between-the-tackles runner in their first game without Ameer Abdullah (foot, I.R.), but Riddick managed just nine yards on 10 carries at Green Bay. Washington turned his 10 carries into 38 yards. Beat writers are expecting Washington to get more work in this one. A floor of 15 carries with 20-plus upside seems reasonable. Only the Saints, Redskins, and Bills have surrendered more rushing touchdowns than the Bears to running backs through Week 3.

can't lie this got me pumped