Rotoworld.com Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

17 minutes ago, dabears70 said:

I'm going back and forth on trying to decide if i wanna drop T.Riddick for him and that's in a PPR league. I know Riddick is the guy for PPR leagues but i think the little D.Wash has shown so far is a positive and think this kid could be a good one and Abdullah is out for quite a while if not the whole year. With defenses playing back cause they know how much Detroit loves to throw the ball this kid could really rack up some yds and he's big enough to get the goal line work as well.

What do you guys think about dropping Riddick for him?? Would you??

No absolutely not in a PPR. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, dabears70 said:

I'm going back and forth on trying to decide if i wanna drop T.Riddick for him and that's in a PPR league. I know Riddick is the guy for PPR leagues but i think the little D.Wash has shown so far is a positive and think this kid could be a good one and Abdullah is out for quite a while if not the whole year. With defenses playing back cause they know how much Detroit loves to throw the ball this kid could really rack up some yds and he's big enough to get the goal line work as well.

What do you guys think about dropping Riddick for him?? Would you??

Absolutely not. Find someone else to drop DWash for. Dropping Riddick would be insane. 

8 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

DWash will be the workhorse soon enough. The lions coaches will be stubborn and run running plays up the middle with riddick constantly. Ridding will break sooner than later if that's the case. See what happened to Shane Vereen when used as the in between runner? He will break!

Cooter already came out and talked about how DWash has built a lot of confidence from the coaching staff and didn't he get like 10 carries last week??  I think he could touch the ball 12-15 times this week and will do work if he does cause the Bears have a ton of injuries on their defense especially their run defense with E.Goldman, D.Trevathon and L.Houston all out.

8 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

More beat writers speculating.  Same as the ESPN article posted earlier this week.

People, I own Dwayne, love the talent, and want him to succeed.  And if you have to start him this week I think he should be fine.

But do not trust beat writers unless they have a quote from a coach.  Even then, the coach might be misdirecting.  Wait and see what the Lions coaches do first, if you can.

People gotta stop believing what you read from any writers cause they're just making assumptions and they don't know any more than any of us do about how much work any of these players will get in games. They just write stuff to give themselves something to write about and to get us to click on their articles.

1 hour ago, msheikh25 said:

link?

Go to Chris Harris football. He watches a lot of game film and happens to agree with what I said earlier in this thread about his 10 carries for 9 yards versus' Dwayne's carries. They played more shotgun with dwayne .

23 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Go to Chris Harris football. He watches a lot of game film and happens to agree with what I said earlier in this thread about his 10 carries for 9 yards versus' Dwayne's carries. They played more shotgun with dwayne .

Chris Harris is so overrated...so glad he's no longer on ESPN. Was fun to see him get trounced by Mike Clay in their August face off. He loves to talk about how his film watching is "truth" while everything else (stats, opinions, medical experts) is just "noise" and "lazy analysis"...like how the whole Spencer Ware hype in August was just noise and told owners to ignore handcuffing JC as late as the first week of September. Or how Bilal Powell wasn't worth picking up last yr bc he was only a "ham-and-egger" on film. Or how expecting Woodhead to return at least RB2 value last year was a "lazy" projection from 2013 now that SD had drafted Gordon. 

Washington is special, but it's not because Chris Harris thinks so. 

Wow that Rotoworld drop is off the charts.

Riddick is still the most trusted RB on the roster. Lions will ensure this game is either close or risk losing it; there is a reason Stafford always has an opportunity for 4th quarter comebacks. I can't remember the last time they were in position to chew time off the clock and Caldwell actually did it effectively. 

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Chris Harris is so overrated...so glad he's no longer on ESPN. Was fun to see him get trounced by Mike Clay in their August face off. He loves to talk about how his film watching is "truth" while everything else (stats, opinions, medical experts) is just "noise" and "lazy analysis"...like how the whole Spencer Ware hype in August was just noise and told owners to ignore handcuffing JC as late as the first week of September. Or how Bilal Powell wasn't worth picking up last yr bc he was only a "ham-and-egger" on film. Or how expecting Woodhead to return at least RB2 value last year was a "lazy" projection from 2013 now that SD had drafted Gordon. 

I don't disagree. I don't like Chris Harris but sometimes he has good points especially with Theo Riddick. 

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

But you can go through almost any analyst and find spots where they were wrong. Except Matt Kelley is the truth. 

6 hours ago, boltup15 said:

But you can go through almost any analyst and find spots where they were wrong. Except Matt Kelley is the truth. 

He's just saying Harris is a big fat phony. Which may be correct.

20 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

My FLEX this week is Dwayne Washington. My opponent's is Theo Riddick. This should be interesting.

That's cool Riddick plays fantasy. ?

22 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Spoiler alert: Not interesting at all as Washington doesn't see the field after half time. 

Someone has to run out the clock with that big lead.

Thoughts on him this week?

I feel like he could have a pretty big day in which he eats into Riddicks workload both as a Running Back and Receiver.

Didn't he play the WR position? Or is that a different rookie running back?

Edited by ponza88

I'm torn on whether to start him at flex this week...I absolutely do not trust the DET staff to use any RB in a way that best utilizes their abilities.  I like the matchup...will probably end up starting him but I will have fingers & toes crossed hoping upon hope that the Lions don't pull a Lucy to my Charlie Brown & only give Washington 10-12 touches or so with 8-10 of them being runs up the middle between the 20's.  

Hope you sunshine pumpers are right...the physical talent appears to be there, just a matter of whether DET puts him in position to display it.  

15 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He is a converted WR 

If everything clicks we're looking at this year's David Johnson 

Cool your jets. I'd wait until he puts together a big game before anointing him. 

For those who are starting him this week look at last nights game with Jermey Hill as a good example of how a great matchup turns into a dud. The Dolphins have been pathetic against the run just like the Bears  and held the Bengals to 80 plus yards on 37 carries. Not saying that this is going to happen obviously but nothing is a lock in fantasy, you expect 1 thing and the reverse happens. I have a big time investment in this game as I own a lot of shares of the players going for both teams. As a Washington owner I want to see him beast so hear is to hoping I can start plugging him into my lineup with confidence starting next week.. 

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I didn't annoint him as anything, note the "If". 

Facts: he is a converted WR, he's in a good offense, his size/measurables and scouting report may as well have been copied and pasted from David Johnson's

Exactly. Remember how Silva and most of the FFL world thought Yeldon, Abdullah, and Ajayi > David Johnson going into last season. 

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

For those who are starting him this week look at last nights game with Jermey Hill as a good example of how a great matchup turns into a dud. The Dolphins have been pathetic against the run just like the Bears  and held the Bengals to 80 plus yards on 37 carries. Not saying that this is going to happen obviously but nothing is a lock in fantasy, you expect 1 thing and the reverse happens. I have a big time investment in this game as I own a lot of shares of the players going for both teams. As a Washington owner I want to see him beast so hear is to hoping I can start plugging him into my lineup with confidence starting next week.. 

The Lions are known for passing the ball and a have a lot of receiving weapons.  The run is part of the game that is questionable so the Bears will game plan around the pass and not the run. Bears D is riddled with injuries.  This the opportunity for Dwash. Not saying that its going to happen, but this is as good as its going to get I think.  I am going to Flex him over Latavius Murray... go big or go home

One key difference, and I mean key, between Johnson and Washington is the offensive line and situation.  Arizona can run block, man.  And they have an elite defense.  More often than not they're in a position to close out games and pound the run -- and have the men up front to do it.

Might have exactly the same measurables and even talent, but situation, situation, situation.