hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

I'm sad he got injured because I really wanted to have my "I told you so" moment. 

Well the good news is that it's not like Riddick or Zenner ran away with the job. There is still a chance for him to take over the rushing downs. We just need to wait and see what the injury report is. Clearly not a good week though for this guy... 

Any word on Dwayne's injury?  I will hold him if I can, since Riddick and Zenner predictably flopped as running backs today.

Again, you guys realize he didn't start for the University of Washington last year. I'm pulling for the kid but the upside is limited. 

Just now, TheGhost206 said:

Again, you guys realize he didn't start for the University of Washington last year. I'm pulling for the kid but the upside is limited. 

Not starting for University of Washington is starting to look more and more forgivable as they climb into the top 5 here in 2016.

I was at the Stanford game on Friday. Dub is real this year. Going to be a fun ride. Dwayne lost out to a true frosh last season. He runs up right, is fast, but isn't that shifty. 

On 9/23/2016 at 8:34 PM, Sternes said:

LOL at this thread.

Not productive as a college player.  Check.

Not impressive highlights.  Check.

Not a between the tackles runner, the biggest need for the Lions.  Check.

Fumble and injury issues.  Check.

A guy who plays like a scat back and best measurable is his 40 time and size.  Check

And for those that think he is a punishing type RB because of his size....

Last season the Huskies used a rotation at running back with four running backs totaling over 100 snaps. Most expected Dwayne Washington to be in the lead role this season on his own, however, that may not be the best option for the Huskies. Dwayne Washington graded as the 217th (out of 227) running backs in 2014, partly due to producing only 2.2 yards after contact in the bottom half for running backs with 25 percent of the carries.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/no-good-option-at-running-back-for-washington-huskies/

The two things he has going for him, he was drafted, so that is "their" guy, and the coaches seem to favor him.  I saw this with Leshoure and KSmith.

Doesn't mean he won't succeed, but holy hell, this is a guy with a lot question marks all over.  This is a guy with 226 career carries in college.  A guy with 41 career catches in college.

This is right below the Adrian Peterson comparisons. 

1 minute ago, Sternes said:

This is right below the Adrian Peterson comparisons. 

He got hurt... as much as I disliked his prospects no one knows what could've happened. 

Ah man,  I think I need a break from RW hype threads 

Also, these hype threads have helped me win fantasy championships.

You just have to take these hype threads with a grain of salt. Use it for bench stashes and wait until players start to produce.

15 minutes ago, Holben said:

You just have to take these hype threads with a grain of salt. Use it for bench stashes and wait until players start to produce.

^^^this

need a high upside guy in a tight market?  Hype threads can give u that edge

but Washington should have been on most peoples benches until we see him realize some of that potential. 

No way to know he was gonna get hurt.  Oh well... I'm gonna pass on Zenner.  Off to the next lottery ticket.

Here is my question to all you washington owners. Why wouldn't you want Zenner but want Washington? Same role in the offense ... "goal line touches" 

6 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

No way to know he was gonna get hurt.  Oh well... I'm gonna pass on Zenner.  Off to the next lottery ticket.

Why would you pass on Zenner?  Essentially the same role, and there is literally no one but him and Riddick battling for carries.  Maybe they will re-sign Winn.  The other thing Washington was better on is 40 time, and being taller.  That's it.

2 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Why would you pass on Zenner?  Essentially the same role, and there is literally no one but him and Riddick battling for carries.  Maybe they will re-sign Winn.  The other thing Washington was better on is 40 time, and being taller.  That's it.

Because I'm not impressed with what this offense offers for a early down RB.  I'll likely try to pick up Dion with this roster spot and my waiver.

LOL at people in here using his injury as an excuse. This guy sucks and was ridiculously overhyped in this thread for no reason. He never had the clear staring gig, he never even had anything resembling a productive fantasy day. It was just pure speculation and people were plugging him in to their lineup like blind men trying to hit a bullseye. 

19 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Here is my question to all you washington owners. Why wouldn't you want Zenner but want Washington? Same role in the offense ... "goal line touches" 

Size and speed and receiving ability. 

8 minutes ago, Spicoli56 said:

LOL at people in here using his injury as an excuse. This guy sucks and was ridiculously overhyped in this thread for no reason. He never had the clear staring gig, he never even had anything resembling a productive fantasy day. It was just pure speculation and people were plugging him in to their lineup like blind men trying to hit a bullseye. 

The injury is a legitimate excuse. We didn't get to see a conclusive sample of what could have become had he gone through the whole game at full health. Maybe he would have been awful, maybe mediocre, or maybe standout. You are correct in that he never had the clear starting gig, but there was plenty of reason for optimism given the circumstances. I would agree some were overhyping him, but many just had him as an upside bench piece. Those plugging him into their lineups were likely desperate with a combination of injuries, bye weeks, and underperformances. You are the one making a definitive declaration about Washington by saying "he sucks" when the more accurate classification of today's performance would be along the lines of what boltup15 said:

2 hours ago, boltup15 said:

He got hurt... as much as I disliked his prospects no one knows what could've happened.