hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, n4sa said:

He isn't Abdullah and he probably isn't any good. He plays for the Lions who barely run the ball as it is. He won't be getting 3rd down work with Riddick in the mix. He's not worth holding on to, the Lions are trash.

He dont need 3rd down work to have value. Early down thumper and GL back; Riddick already shown he cant be lead runner. 

Thinking about dropping him this week and picking up Smallwood in speculation of his possible role increase. I will wait until later in the week to get an idea of Dwaynes ankle injury  and keep a close eye on the RB situation in Philly. If Smallwood doesn't perform (no pun intended) then may pick Dwash back up next week. My league probably won't touch him.

Edited by bjvance5

21 minutes ago, bjvance5 said:

Thinking about dropping him this week and picking up Smallwood in speculation of his possible role increase. I will wait until later in the week to get an idea of Dwaynes ankle injury  and keep a close eye on the RB situation in Philly. If Smallwood doesn't perform (no pun intended) then may pick Dwash back up next week. My league probably won't touch him.

I'm in exactly the same situation. Really need to know what's up with Washington's health. Doug Pederson is an Andy Reid guy, and you know he loved what he saw from Smallwood against PIT. Philly looks like a legit 10-11 win team, and Smallwood could be a high floor guy with decent upside. Really torn between dropping D.Wash and holding tight: the schedule for DET Rbs looks pretty tasty coming up shortly. 

Still holding, my bench consist pretty much all lotto tickets rb: dixon,  westwood, washington, going to wait and see who practices and and some reports to determine who I keep

I've read the thread and still haven't a clue if A this guy is really injured or not and B is worth a roster spot or not. 

2 minutes ago, Krustyburger said:

I've read the thread and still haven't a clue if A this guy is really injured or not and B is worth a roster spot or not. 

There are known unknowns and then there are unknown unknowns.  

One of the knowns is that Riddick is a poor between the tackles runner.  One of the known unknowns is whether Caldwell will finally figure this out, or continue stubbornly dialing up Theo Specials (handoffs that go for -1 yards).  

An unknown unknown is Washington's health.  It looks like the Detroit Free Press engaged in some LAZY reporting yesterday.  But practice reports from today will be critical.  A DNP will be an ominous sign, at least for this week.

Coach Jim Caldwell said he wants to get Zach Zenner more carries.

"He's one of those guys that every time he touches it, something positive happens," Caldwell said. After being inactive the first three games, Zenner opened Week 4 as the No. 3 back, but ended up playing five snaps after Dwayne Washington (ankle) got hurt, and turned three carries into 12 yards. He also got a carry from inside the five-yard line on third-and-goal but was drilled for a loss. Caldwell talking up Zenner likely means Washington is out Week 5.

10 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

Coach Jim Caldwell said he wants to get Zach Zenner more carries.

"He's one of those guys that every time he touches it, something positive happens," Caldwell said. After being inactive the first three games, Zenner opened Week 4 as the No. 3 back, but ended up playing five snaps after Dwayne Washington (ankle) got hurt, and turned three carries into 12 yards. He also got a carry from inside the five-yard line on third-and-goal but was drilled for a loss. Caldwell talking up Zenner likely means Washington is out Week 5.

Waiting on news. Lost K.White last week.

5 hours ago, nk3323 said:

i don't understand why ppl are even consider dropping him?!  would they drop a healthy Abdullah?!  he's pretty much in Abdullah's place, just had an unfortunate circumstance with the injury.  i'm sure he'll bounce back and provide good depth at RB

5 hours ago, n4sa said:

He isn't Abdullah and he probably isn't any good. He plays for the Lions who barely run the ball as it is. He won't be getting 3rd down work with Riddick in the mix. He's not worth holding on to, the Lions are trash.

Because it's the bye weeks.  Washington likely fills that "rotational" roster spot for a guy you can use in a pinch if needed.  If he's injured, then he's not much help.  If he's healthy, he's likely not cracking your starting lineup anytime soon.  So he gets cut for the next playable guy, which in some deep leagues might be Zach Zenner (!).

Parked the pain train so deep in the waiver wire the system got hacked and he's now listed as out for the season ... Projectile vomit all over the room ...... Coach talking about

how explosive zack zenner is.....baaaaarfff....picked up bilal Powell instead.....puke everywhere baaarf 

I will take Detroit as a winner against eagles on Sunday tho 

19 hours ago, roguebagel said:

I don't disagree with you at all. It is completely 100% blind faith, but opportunity is the key word here. All I'm looking for are guys that have a realistic expectation to touch the ball 15-20 times a game when they play, because I like to play a low risk strategy. Every one of these guys with a real potential for this opportunity should be owned, and by pure statistical chance I will start some of them over the course of the year. 

I'm less concerned with his college output because I trust the system that got him to the NFL as a #2 RB is not completely off target here, even if it is the Lions. That #2 and "expert consensus" is my proxy for your research, however poor. My main concern is I don't think anyone could run effectively for the Lions because they suck so bad on the line

I don't see how he could have 15-20 touches in a game with Riddick there.  He also isn't involved in the passing game as much as people think, because, Riddick.  They just gave Riddick a fat contract which is why I think they keep running him attempting to justify it. 

I don't understand your second part.  He got to the NFL and you are trusting the system...of what? University of Washington? They demoted him basically.  The combine?  He wasn't invited.  I guess I don't understand that or the #2 bit you are referencing. 

What expert consensus?  Then at the end you don't think anyone can run behind the line, so how does that feed into opportunity you mentioned at the beginning?

53 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I don't see how he could have 15-20 touches in a game with Riddick there.  He also isn't involved in the passing game as much as people think, because, Riddick.  They just gave Riddick a fat contract which is why I think they keep running him attempting to justify it. 

I don't understand your second part.  He got to the NFL and you are trusting the system...of what? University of Washington? They demoted him basically.  The combine?  He wasn't invited.  I guess I don't understand that or the #2 bit you are referencing. 

What expert consensus?  Then at the end you don't think anyone can run behind the line, so how does that feed into opportunity you mentioned at the beginning?

Assign a certain probability that he sees 15-20 touches a game when healthy, given how bad Riddick is doing. Might be < 50% but certainly not much less. I don't buy that the Lions will stick to Riddick if he continues to average <3 ypc. Given he gets some targets and significant goal line opportunities, that gives a good chance to put him squarely in RB2 consideration. 

I trust the NFL scout, draft, training camp, player evaluation system enough to think he can be an effective back in the league. Not saying you're wrong, just that his college performance concerns me less now that an NFL team deems him good enough to be #2 back behind Abdullah (again I don't buy that they will seriously consider Riddick in that role). What concerns me is which NFL team - i.e. the Lions. Even still, any team with an RB with a strong shot at receiving the majority of touches and goal line carries is worthy of a stash, I don't care who it is.

So-called "expert" rankings consistently placed him as borderline RB2 already in Week 4, worthy enough to consider starting in FLEX in a deep enough league. That's when everyone was picking him up.

Edited by roguebagel

Rotoworld cracks me up.  Dwayne Washington misses practice and that means he is almost certainly out for week 5.  On the other hand, Marvin Jones and Eric Ebron both missed practice today, too, but according to Rotoworld, those two players are fine.  The stated rationale?  Washington left the game against Chicago and never returned.  I mean, really now.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Rotoworld cracks me up.  Dwayne Washington misses practice and that means he is almost certainly out for week 5.  On the other hand, Marvin Jones and Eric Ebron both missed practice today, too, but according to Rotoworld, those two players are fine.  The stated rationale?  Washington left the game against Chicago and never returned.  I mean, really now.

Clearly the RW blurb writers haven't been reading our thread here...

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Ebron is out week 5 so they got that one wrong.

14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Clearly the RW blurb writers haven't been reading our thread here...

Yeah!  This is a quality thread and no doubt about it.

2 hours ago, TonyVH said:

Yall stash the wrong washington

Why not both?

I'm still sick about starting this guy last week over 2 higher projected guys, a very important lesson for all us FF'ers is to WAIT until we see a double-digit stat week unless it's an emergency before starting a guy.

Always set your lineup with your highest projected guys first and any deviation from that you better have a darn good reason.

I am not liking the coaches talk about zenner :( I have a feeling this turns into a ugly three headed backfield with no value to anyone 

Coaches are talking about Zenner because Zenner is going to play this week because Dwayne is hurting.

Brutal matchup for Dwayne Train anyways.

I dropped him for James White this morning.  Have a feeling I'll still be able to pick him up next week as a FA anyways due to those reasons I stated.  He's still on the radar, and I am holding on in deeper leagues.

20 minutes ago, esoomer said:

I'm still sick about starting this guy last week over 2 higher projected guys, a very important lesson for all us FF'ers is to WAIT until we see a double-digit stat week unless it's an emergency before starting a guy.

Always set your lineup with your highest projected guys first and any deviation from that you better have a darn good reason.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAA!!!

That was 1 week projections turned out right.

20 minutes ago, esoomer said:

This is 1000%. Started Dwash on blind faith and loss by less than 2 points. Dropped him because of bye week issues and now with this ankle injury I'm officially off this train. 

12 minutes ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

I am not liking the coaches talk about zenner :( I have a feeling this turns into a ugly three headed backfield with no value to anyone 

Given Zenner's absence of skills and Riddick's inability to run between the tackles effectively that would surprise. The Lions offense is suffering from the absence of a credible running attack since Ameer went down. The only significant hope for restoring a running game threat is Washington. I doubt that's lost on Cooter.