hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

Gut feeling that the Ameer injury could be much more serious than initially believed  

DWash might end up being the most valuable of all the Week 3 waiver RBs: Asiata, McKinnon, fozzy, CAP, drake, etc. 

If they brought in Joique Bell for a look I would agree.

Full speed ahead ?

I just jumped on board this hype train. I don't even know what's going on!

Welcome aboard fellas.  All signs are pointing to Abdullah being out for a LONG time and Dwayne Washington being light years ahead of Zach Zenner and the unsigned Joique Bell.  After a few long TD runs from Dwayne we may realize that our desperately awaited RB1 savior is here!

Kind of reminds me of Karlos Williams last year on the Bills.  Similar type RBs?

I scooped him up and am hopeful although GB totally shutdown AP which makes me skeptical of throwing Dwayne into action in a tough 1st start match up.  Nevertheless he still has immediate value as the goal line back.  Let's go fellas....big games ahead for Dwayne! 

Edited by dorsett33

10 hours ago, burninglegs said:

Maybe. But I feel many owners will look upon that backfield as a waste + look at guys like McKinnon + Asiata+ Fozzy + CAP + Ajayi + Enunwa + Pitta + ....etc. as being more important pickups. If there is a Lions fan in your league, then maybe he doesn't make it through. But I feel he might be overlooked especially when you read some of the comments in this thread stating that they don't feel there is anything to see here. 

If you want him bad enough and want to be sure you get him, then you might want to burn the waiver. If you just want him but are ok if you miss out, just wait and see if he clears waivers.

Great advice!...FA in all my 12 team standard leagues

I picked him up but it seems like players we hype up on this forum never pan out, lol

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

I picked him up but it seems like players we hype up on this forum never pan out, lol

to paraphrase Clarence Worley - "i'd rather have Dwayne Washington and not need him, than need Dwayne Washington and not have him"

Image result for true romance clarence

I definitely had a glimpse of DJ Foster, in terms of hype, when i saw how many pages this guy got so fast. 

An injury is opening the door for Washington though and he could possibly run with it. Lol fantasy football is all trial and error basically with all of the drafts/adds/drops/trades

Wait, what train is this? Oh well, don't mind me. I'll just patiently wait on the back of the hype train for a bit ;)

I'm on board with this guy....

He used to be a WR....Is a big guy and can fly.  Seems like pretty good tools to me.

I think Abduallah getting a second opinion isn't a good sign and he could miss multiple weeks.  And I'm just not convinced Theo Riddick is a real RB.

Who knows....It all feels like a lottery this week with all these backup RB's and you can pretty much flip a coin on any of them right now.  But I like that this guy has the tools to both run and catch the ball and he's probably the guy that scores TD's if they're close.  To me, he's a better, higher upside version of Asiata and I'd rather own him than somebody like Artis Payne who will lose 3rd down work to Fozzy and goaline work to Tolbert/Cam.

Edited by tts42572

20 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

to paraphrase Clarence Worley - "i'd rather have Dwayne Washington and not need him, than need Dwayne Washington and not have him"

Image result for true romance clarence

"What's in this FAAB is for my peace of mind. My peace of mind is worth that much. Not one penny more, not one penny more."

1 minute ago, MBarbarian said:

On board. Abdullah possibly out for season. 

Lol if only our one source didnt look like such a doofus.

you think this guy has 'moles'?

The Lions have placed RB Ameer Abdullah on IR.

Agree with TTS, Riddick isn't a true RB. He's a receiving back, don't get me wrong for the moment i'd rather have him than Washington as Riddick will start and get more opportunities but i think over time Washington can show that he's capable of doing it all.

The Lions could bring Abdullah back later this year because of the ir rule changes, correct?

19 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

"What's in this FAAB is for my peace of mind. My peace of mind is worth that much. Not one penny more, not one penny more."

"he musta thought it was Zach Zenner day ... is it Zach Zenner day?".  

"nah, it ain't Zach Zenner day"

I like him but lets temper expectations here. The team does not run a lot, Riddick will get more snaps and is the passing down back. I can see many lines of 12-40 for Washington and a chance of a TD. He definitely needs to be scooped up though. Ya never do know.