hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

Who even said that quote I haven't seen anything else ruling him out yet?  

1 minute ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

Who even said that quote I haven't seen anything else ruling him out yet?  

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Dwayne Washington (ankle) will not play against the Redskins in Week 7.

It will be his second straight absence. Washington had been expected to play after practicing all week but apparently he needs more time. With Theo Riddick (ankle) also sidelined, the Lions will roll with a backfield committee featuring Zach Zenner and Justin Forsett. Even against Washington's bottom-five run defense, neither are recommended fantasy plays.

True about Detroit beat writers.  They are really bad.  But some of it is not their fault--Caldwell and company are all extremely tight-lipped about injury info.  For example, do we actually know what is wrong with Theo Riddick?  No because the Lions have never said.  Abdullah?  He's on I.R., but very little info otherwise.  So these writers are just guessing.  But they are also sloppy (see up thread where they "reported" that Washington never returned against the Bears, yet our forum sleuths posted video of Washington in the game on the Lions' final offensive play).

For Washington, I will keep holding if possible.  He's one of my cut candidates though, needed for bye-week fill in roster purposes.

Not so sure!

Michael Rothstein ESPN Staff Writer 

rothstein_michael_m.jpg&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Dwayne Washington on the field with the early guys getting work in and catching passes. Keep an eye on this when inactives come out in 25 minutes. Zach Zenner and Justin Forsett are Detroit's other backs.

•  
  •  
  •  
icon-espn-e-@2x.png
NFL 4m

These Lions reporters really suck. No information, no insight...

Wait till inactives come out! Why do we need a reporter to tell us that!

12 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

He is now OUT

This guy is killing me!!! Can you play a game please?

Agreed...frustrated with him.  He's practiced over the past couple weeks and still can't get on the field.  Is he related to Doug Martin or something...

He's missed a huge opportunity these past few weeks.

Just now, tts42572 said:

Agreed...frustrated with him.  He's practiced over the past couple weeks and still can't get on the field.  Is he related to Doug Martin or something...

He's missed a huge opportunity these past few weeks.

I really want to have him play so I can trade him. So many teams in need of a starting RB in my league and I am decent at the position. I really don't want any part of the Lions run game but there will be desperate teams in my league looking for someone.

I think we're just about at the end of the line with Washington (not that anyone has been holding him).  If he can't go this week against Houston, here's what he has coming up: at Minnesota, BYE, Jacksonville (decent against the run), Minnesota on a short week.  Week 13 vs. NO and Week 16 at Dallas look good on paper but those are the only "plus" match-ups and who knows whether Dallas really will be plus.

I'm having a hard time finding the upside here.  Anyone want to give me a pep talk?

6 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I think we're just about at the end of the line with Washington (not that anyone has been holding him).  If he can't go this week against Houston, here's what he has coming up: at Minnesota, BYE, Jacksonville (decent against the run), Minnesota on a short week.  Week 13 vs. NO and Week 16 at Dallas look good on paper but those are the only "plus" match-ups and who knows whether Dallas really will be plus.

I'm having a hard time finding the upside here.  Anyone want to give me a pep talk?

No pep talks. I think you nailed it. I like players who actually produce. Dropping him this week when waivers clear.

Probably not.  Washington practiced all last week, then was inactive.  Lions beat writers tried to guess if Washington would play or not.

I would like to see Washington practice in full for a week before I rely on him.  Zenner as a TD dart throw is better right now than a guy that seems to be struggling with handling life in the NFL.

Beginning to think Washington is useless. I have my RB's on bye week 11 and 13 so that is far ahead too. I want to just get rid of this guy and pick someone else up.

Both Washing and Riddick expected to play:

Washington was a limited participant at last week's practices. He was a surprise inactive against the Redskins in Week 7 but should return to his usual role Sunday against Houston. With Theo Riddick (ankle) also expected to return this week, Washington is best viewed as a back-end RB3.

Honestly I'm debating dropping him, even before the game. Riddick will likely be starting, and now we also have Zenner and Forsett in the backfield. And a s---y schedule ROS against Vikes (x2), Jags, and even Bears are ranked strongly against the run. The only juicy matchups are Texans this week and Saints week 13 (week 2 of my playoffs).

Everything is working against Washington's potential fantasy value.

Dont believe anything these Lions beat writers say. Useless

Practiced in full today after being limited the past two weeks. Definitely points to him playing this week. 

Will probably have bought another ticket on this express by the end of tonight.

i'd like to drop, but i have a feeling coaches will try to make riddick a bell cow again and he won't last long in that role.

Washington practiced in full, which is huge.  Riddick limited, just like Washington was last week and Washington ended up inactive.  Not at all worried about either Zenner or Forsett, they are depth pieces only.  Even if both Washington and Riddick are active this week, both could be quite usable against Houston's 29th ranked run defense.

If you held this long now is definitely not the time to cut bait.  It's hard to hang on sometimes, but he still has a lot of upside behind only Riddick and his own health.  

Washington had a golden opportunity and missed it due to injury. I'd feel better about his prospects if the Lions cut Forsett, but they're holding on to him. There are just too many mouths to feed in Detroit and Washington at the back of the food line. The Lions are also #24 in the league in rushing attempts, #24 in yards per attempt and have scored only three rushing TDs all year. Its over. Maybe next year.

Ever consider that the Lions have been so bad at running because Abdullah and Washington have been hurt?  I am pretty sure Washington is going to return to a prominent role.  Zenner and Forsett did nothing to secure the job for themselves while Washington was out.

1 hour ago, dabeesta17 said:

Washington had a golden opportunity and missed it due to injury. I'd feel better about his prospects if the Lions cut Forsett, but they're holding on to him. There are just too many mouths to feed in Detroit and Washington at the back of the food line. The Lions are also #24 in the league in rushing attempts, #24 in yards per attempt and have scored only three rushing TDs all year. Its over. Maybe next year.

Quiter! Now is not the time to bail as he is returning. See what happens this week then make judgement. Gotta let him get on the field and play a game.

Looks like he'll play, but def a risky start.

Rust

Riddick back

Rookie

I'll wait another week

He needs to get out there this week.  Now is his chance.  Did you see how Denver broke out of its running slump on Monday night against this sad group?  Houston's on a short week to boot.