hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

Just couldn't drop him after last week. Wanted to wait to see if he was active this week.

Just now, dabeesta17 said:

Forsett inactive today. Washington active. And I'm leaving him on the wire.

That's just disrespectful.  

which washington would u rather roster? Dwayne or Deandre? lol I think Dwayne has better chance to get significant minutes considering how fragile lions rb depth is but I just dont see it happening.

I am so ready for this em fr to put this to rest and do his thing....put this thing in concrete.

5 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

which washington would u rather roster? Dwayne or Deandre? lol I think Dwayne has better chance to get significant minutes considering how fragile lions rb depth is but I just dont see it happening.

between dwayne and deandre, i'd rather roster george

think Cooter watched a ton of film from last week's Minny loss in Chicago, and will try to establish some semblance of a running game - and we all know it won't be Theo. 

DWash gets first crack at that role today over Zenner, methinks ... kid is active for a reason. 

D-Wash = 2.6ypc

Riddick = 5ypc

A sure drop for me now...and I can feel good about it.

10 carries for 26 yards and a bye next week?  I think Dwayne's a watch list guy as opposed to a pickup, but today at least represented progress.

15 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

10 carries for 26 yards and a bye next week?  I think Dwayne's a watch list guy as opposed to a pickup, but today at least represented progress.

I completely agree. He looks like a decent upside stash to me. I see a 40/60 committee approaching between Washington and Riddick. Riddick injury puts this guy in RB2 territory immediately. I still think Riddick is a good between the tackles runner as I've argued previously and it's definitely shown these past weeks even with his crap oline against Minny and the other past two games. 

Interesting to see Yahoo's Pianowski, customarily one of the more thoughtful fantasy analysts, characterize Riddick's declining targets and increased between the tackle usage as "...a square peg in a round hole..." I agree with Boltup that Riddick is showing markedly improved between the tackles skills. If healthy...big "if"...Riddick really marginalizes Washington.

I picked him up before the game. May hold him for a bit but he's basically an injury stash, although good news is it appears he's moved ahead of the other guys and would realize a lot of value if Riddick went down. 

I take it most of you haven't seen this run by Dwayne -- stopped at the line of scrimmage and plows through nine Minnesota defensemen for a gain of 8yds

Pretty impressive and should be back on your radar.

Edited by Spina

He's back on my radar. I watched some of this game and damn.... damn can he just run through guys. He's a good stash and a Theo Riddick injury would propel this guy into RB2 status imo. 

Added him again this morning (third time). His numbers didn't look great (against the Vikings), but the 10 carries are very promising. Looks like he's the #2 in an RBBC with Riddick. Not a great schedule after the bye, but it does include the Jaguars and Saints.

It stinks they're on bye because he really only has value if Riddick gets hurt. I can't imagine starting him with Riddick in the picture. So that means at minimum I have to hold him on my bench for 2 more weeks before any possibility of using him. 

On 11/7/2016 at 7:18 PM, Spina said:

I take it most of you haven't seen this run by Dwayne -- stopped at the line of scrimmage and plows through nine Minnesota defensemen for a gain of 8yds

Pretty impressive and should be back on your radar.

If that doesnt open up some eyes on the CS, I dont know what will...

Then theres this, Rotoworld's own personal report:

Theo Riddick rushed 14 times for 70 yards and caught 1-of-3 targets for six yards in the Lions' Week 9 win over the Vikings.
His highlight was a first-quarter 42-yard run. Otherwise, Riddick was bottled up. Riddick seemed to get shaken up in the first half and blew a critical blitz pickup that resulted in a Matthew Stafford interception. He wound up ceding ten carries to Dwayne Washington, who ran hard but found very little room in a 26-yard game. Riddick has battled a multitude of lower-body injuries, so he should benefit from the Lions' Week 10 bye ahead of a Week 11 date with Jacksonville. 

Playing the Jags who have been lit up by Rb's the last two weeks. 

Him and smallwood are the FA trash RB's that have potential but simply things are not lining up.

Riddick limited Wednesday. Probably nothing but if he sits Washington should be bell cow.

"Riddick was limited in Wednesday's practice due to an ankle injury.

Spin: 

Riddick cracked off at least 5.0 YPC in back-to-back games before the Lions' Week 10 bye, but the rest afforded him wasn't enough to allow for a full showing Wednesday. Likely a precautionary measure, his status will nonetheless be viewed with a watchful eye as the weekend approaches. If active Sunday against the Jaguars, Riddick will likely cede some touches to rookie Dwayne Washington, but the former should receive the majority of snaps handed running backs for the third game in a row."

I would be shocked if Riddick missed a game coming off a bye, but I agree if he does DW finally looks like he's in line to do work

On November 16, 2016 at 1:35 AM, mar1kle said:

Playing the Jags who have been lit up by Rb's the last two weeks. 

With an offense that is entirely actuated through Stafford.

1 minute ago, Ol Blues said:

With an offense that is entirely actuated through Stafford.

Stafford wont run the ball...And they wont pass every down...Texans and Titans both ran over 30 times each the last two weeks.