hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

Stafford wont run the ball...And they wont pass every down...Texans and Titans both ran over 30 times each the last two weeks.

Understood and I'm certainly a fan of Cooter's penchant for mixing it up. But I'm skeptical Cooter moves very far away from Stafford throws and I'm even more skeptical of the OLine's ability to yield a consistent running attack.

I watched both those games and the holes were enormous...If this team fashions itself as a playoff team than they need to be balanced and be able to exploit their opponents weaknesses. Jags secondary is no joke. Ramsey is legit....

Assumption of rational coaching indicates exploiting the Jags weakest link...

Not sure they will....

5 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

I watched both those games and the holes were enormous...If this team fashions itself as a playoff team than they need to be balanced and be able to exploit their opponents weaknesses. Jags secondary is no joke. Ramsey is legit....

Not sure they will....

The week right after Denver ran for nearly 200 v. Houston, Detroit played Houston next.  Set up perfectly for a running game plan.  Detroit came out passing and mixing in some Theo Riddick.  Gave Riddick and Zenner a combined 14 carries for about 60 yards.  Stafford threw the ball 41 times.  They lost.  I cut bait.  I hope you have better luck.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

2 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

Not sure they will....

Yeah, I, too, like Ramsey very much. I'm unsure the rest of the Jags pass D is as strong as recent numbers suggest. As you say, OCs attack the weakest link and recently that has been the absence of a meaningful rushing defense which makes the pass D "strong" by default. The Jags are poorly coached which typically results in scheme discipline lapses and likely plays to Cooter attacking with the short passing game and a larger balance of rushing early than is the Lions norm and looking at occasionally stretching the defense (although I'm not a fan of M. Jones when he's covered by Ramsey). Still, guessing game flow has its risks.

From Cooter today on DW

6. Cooter would like to see more production from running back  Dwayne Washington  moving forward, though he couldn’t guarantee the rookie would see an uptick in carries this week vs. Jacksonville.

8. The Lions have featured four different running backs this season as they continue to figure out the right combination to boost the league’s 27th ranked rushing offense. Cooter says a lot of different factors have gone into who the lead back will be on any given Sunday. Don’t expect that to change moving forward.

Mark... 2:06

Tried the dwash train  but was thrown off during the crash.  Stashing ameer as a lottery  waiver in case his medical appt on Tues clears him. 

Pure handcuff at this point as I do think the volume would just have to be there if Riddick were to miss time, but he was overhyped. 

Lions can't run the ball regardless.   It's all Riddick in the passing game. 

easy drop.

was holding, juuuuust for that glimmer of hope he'd get burn weeks 13/14 vs Saints/Bears - no dice

can't drop fast enough come Wednesday - fare thee well ?

It's a shame...he's been given opportunity but boy is he a SUPER JAG...he just can't make anything happen; not even in a productive passing offense.

I don't remember the last time I saw a guy that looks so good in an eye test but can't get anything done....2.6ypc...SHEESH!

Minnesota's run D is no joke but agreed this does not appear to be Dwayne Washington's year.  I would like to see what he could do for a different team but obviously that rarely happens in the NFL.

whats funny is they talk about how the Lions can't get a running game going

but 

Riddick is avg 4.0 ypc

its a shame to see anyone touch the ball other than him

Dwayne Washington is active for Week 14 against the Bears.

Washington was listed as questionable with an ankle injury coming in, but beat writers always expected him to play. As Theo Riddick (ankle, wrist) is inactive against the Bears, Washington is likely to handle a bigger load than usual in a plus matchup. The Lions had been trying to increase Washington's usage in recent weeks even though Riddick was playing.

What are you all thinking production-wise today?

Split with Zenner. Stafford is the only guy there who can start in fantasy 

Well Stafford is hurt, Riddick is hurt, Zenner is concussed, and this guy still sucks. How are the Lions 9 and 4? 

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Well Stafford is hurt, Riddick is hurt, Zenner is concussed, and this guy still sucks. How are the Lions 9 and 4? 

Really, really good question.  I try to figure this out every Sunday but still haven't come up with a good answer.

I believe Riddick will be back this week but can't say for sure.  Either way, the only guy in this backfield you can start is Riddick, and even then only if it's PPR. 

Washington and Zenner could make good value/desperation DFS plays if Riddick is out, but I wouldn't touch either of them in weekly unless you're in 16+ tm league