hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Well Stafford is hurt, Riddick is hurt, Zenner is concussed, and this guy still sucks. How are the Lions 9 and 4? 

 

the calming, soothing - STOIC - hand of one Jumpin' Jim Caldwell.

 

his 'duhhhh' expressions of pure bewilderment have proven to be the ultimate rope -a - dope .... he's slow played the entire league into a false sense of security. 

 

some will argue ceaselessly that Hoodie is the master tactician in the game right now (and, arguably, all time) ... but he ain't got nuttin' on Caldwell this year. 

 

??⛄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

Really, really good question.  I try to figure this out every Sunday but still haven't come up with a good answer.

 

I believe Riddick will be back this week but can't say for sure.  Either way, the only guy in this backfield you can start is Riddick, and even then only if it's PPR. 

Washington and Zenner could make good value/desperation DFS plays if Riddick is out, but I wouldn't touch either of them in weekly unless you're in 16+ tm league

 

I'm in a 16-team league,. First round of the playoffs this week. Yes, Washington has shown not to be very good. But he's going to get 15+ touches (with both Zenner and Riddick out), I'm starting him over a fringe WR at the flex spot. It all about opportunity and he'll have it this week if both those guys are out. Not excited about this at all, but don't really have many other options.

 

EDIT: Riddick did not practice today; nor did Zenner.

Edited by dabeesta17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Joique Bell will probably lead DET backfield in rushing this weekend

Absolutely not

1 hour ago, dabeesta17 said:

 

I'm in a 16-team league,. First round of the playoffs this week. Yes, Washington has shown not to be very good. But he's going to get 15+ touches (with both Zenner and Riddick out), I'm starting him over a fringe WR at the flex spot. It all about opportunity and he'll have it this week if both those guys are out. Not excited about this at all, but don't really have many other options.

 

EDIT: Riddick did not practice today; nor did Zenner.

Yeah, in a 16-team with Zenner and Riddick both out, Washington should be a no brainer start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Riddick and Zenner are both out, Washington is a solid flex play in 12+ teamers on volume alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might start him. It's him or Dixon but based on volume and goal line opportunities Dwayne has the lead. He also has that home run ability and this game should be a close game. 20/84/1 2/18?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how does he have home run ability? I can't think of many people with less home run ability than Dwayne Washington, but I am thinking of playing him as well due to hopefully huge volume

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He does if you are a Detroit fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hines said:

how does he have home run ability? I can't think of many people with less home run ability than Dwayne Washington, but I am thinking of playing him as well due to hopefully huge volume

 

Because he's like Latavius Murray. Athletic freak. Just behind a s---y o-line. Maybe you don't know much about his background but he used to be used in kick off returns and alot of his yardage came from big plays. 

Edited by boltup15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

 

Because he's like Latavius Murray. Athletic freak. Just behind a s---y o-line. Maybe you don't know much about his background but he used to be used in kick off returns and most of his yardage came from big plays. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought OAK had a pretty good offensive line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

 

Because he's like Latavius Murray. Athletic freak. Just behind a s---y o-line. Maybe you don't know much about his background but he used to be used in kick off returns and alot of his yardage came from big plays. 

 

People already forgot he was being touted as this year's 2015 David Johnson???

Edited by Gryfter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesn't really have home run ability like that.  He housed a KR or PR for a TD in the pre-season and it just kind of stuck in people's heads.  He's not a plodder, but he's not Sammy Watkins either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

He doesn't really have home run ability like that.  He housed a KR or PR for a TD in the pre-season and it just kind of stuck in people's heads.  He's not a plodder, but he's not Sammy Watkins either.

If he gets in the open he is gone. Aka home run ability. Prob is getting into open field .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

If he gets in the open he is gone. Aka home run ability. Prob is getting into open field .

Washington is fast for his size but is not just definitively faster than every safety and corner back.  His 40 time at his pro day was 4.44; that's not even top-10 for this draft class.  If he's such a home run threat, then what is his longest run of the year?  Don't worry, I'll wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Washington is fast for his size but is not just definitively faster than every safety and corner back.  His 40 time at his pro day was 4.44; that's not even top-10 for this draft class.  If he's such a home run threat, then what is his longest run of the year?  Don't worry, I'll wait.

Idc he isn't on my team but it's 28yrds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TTRA1N sorry, not trying to get into a pissing contest, I just don't understand where the HR threat thing is coming from.  I've seen every snap he's played this year and yes he has good chunk play ability but he's not out here burning safeties.  He's definitely fast for his size but a good comp would be a poor-man's AP IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JJ1223 said:

@TTRA1N sorry, not trying to get into a pissing contest, I just don't understand where the HR threat thing is coming from.  I've seen every snap he's played this year and yes he has good chunk play ability but he's not out here burning safeties.  He's definitely fast for his size but a good comp would be a poor-man's AP IMO

Better comp would be DJ, but that was weeks ago. He only has like 60 sum carries and Detroit can't really run the ball. No I wouldn't start in the playoffs. I do think he is better than Riddick if he was used the same way. Faster bigger stronger and played WR in college. Detriot isn't clever enough to use him like that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he's not even worth the speculative add. Even if you add him and he does great against the Giants, are you really gonna trust him to do great against the Cowboys in Dallas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy football no one is to be trusted but if he gets the touches trust should increase 

Edited by hard1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

he's not even worth the speculative add. Even if you add him and he does great against the Giants, are you really gonna trust him to do great against the Cowboys in Dallas?

 

absolutely. if he gets 20 touches for 100 yards and a TD this week, you are telling me he can't crack a flex spot in the title game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hines said:

 

absolutely. if he gets 20 touches for 100 yards and a TD this week, you are telling me he can't crack a flex spot in the title game? 

That's correct, because by week 16 he will be back to being 2nd or 3rd in line for touches out of the backfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.