hard1

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Prepare to be shocked...shocked I say.

Why though? The Lions don't run enough to even support a running back with a three down role much less a guy in the lesser half of a timeshare. 

Edited by mulhollandvelvet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mulhollandvelvet said:

Why though? The Lions don't run enough to even support a running back with a three down roll much less a guy in the lesser half of a timeshare. 

Chicken or the egg problem.  Lions haven't run enough because they haven't had a RB good enough to do so.  ALL teams want to run the football and shove it down the other team's throat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying he is... But the the Size/Speed/Receiving Skills seem simular to David Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yahoo just screwed me.  I should have picked him up though.  According to Yahoo, Abdullah on IR, yet no info any where else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Chicken or the egg problem.  Lions haven't run enough because they haven't had a RB good enough to do so.  ALL teams want to run the football and shove it down the other team's throat.

Well by that logic they would have been running a lot with Washington already seeing as they've had him all of training camp and preseason and would know how 'good' he is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best part about Washington's game is that even at his size, he is a BEAST receiver, so game script is not a problem for him and Lions are going to throw a TON. Not to mention he seems to be the goalline back as well. Now it's just a matter about getting touches. Theo can't be on the field all the time.

 

I've seen a lot of people compare him to David Johnson, and WOW the similarities are uncanny.

Edited by Castavar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if people have heard, but Ameer Abdullah is on IR and Dwayne Washington is David Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Not saying he is... But the the Size/Speed/Receiving Skills seem simular to David Johnson.

 

I'm not sure if people have heard, but Ameer Abdullah is on IR and Dwayne Washington is David Johnson.

 

Confirmed, Washington is now David Johnson.

Edited by Holben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's Spencer Ware insurance just in case; but can't start him until we see at least one game and how he'll be used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Theo Riddick? I haven't watched any Lions this year. Shouldn't he be the guy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

What about Theo Riddick? I haven't watched any Lions this year. Shouldn't he be the guy....

Both will be used. Riddick is often used as a WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be awesome to pick up Washington and see bell joiqing it in the goal line 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all in on this cat. As much as I love Riddick, he is strictly a pass catching specialist. More H-Back than true RB. Washington can catch too, but he can pound it as well. A dependable rushing threat is what the Lions are missing on offense. I think Dwayne gets the majority of carries going forward, including goalline, while Riddick's role stays the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Riddick will be involved but D-Wash will be the Muscle getting the bulk of carries and goal line looks.

Riddick will be $ in PPR leages, but I believe D-Wash will be $ also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sspiv said:

I believe Riddick will be involved but D-Wash will be the Muscle getting the bulk of carries and goal line looks.

Riddick will be $ in PPR leages, but I believe D-Wash will be $ also.

Agreed. Washington will be the guy to own in non-PPR because of TDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.