jeffnsee

Will Fuller 2016 Season Outlook

Just now, Lord_Varys said:

I disagree.  What evidence do you have to back up your claim?

What evidence do i have to back up the claim that the Texans WR1 will outscore their WR2.....

Again i like Fuller but i highly doubt he has more yards or TDs than Hopkins come seasons end. 

He has the edge now in yards (323-227) and targets (34-33) but they're tied in TDs. 

Im not gonna sit here and write a 6 paragraph essay on how it's early in the season and defenses come out of the gate defending the main threats before they adjust and add other players to their defensive game plan....

19 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

What evidence do i have to back up the claim that the Texans WR1 will outscore their WR2.....

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/players/15585/Will_Fuller

Targets: 34

Rec: 19

Yds: 323

TDs: 2

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/players/13167/DeAndre_Hopkins

Targets: 33

Rec: 17

Yds: 227

Only 4 week sample size.  But teams will put their shut down corners on Hopkins.  If they double anyone, they'll double Hopkins.  I'm not sure how this turns around.

6 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/players/15585/Will_Fuller

Targets: 34

Rec: 19

Yds: 323

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/players/13167/DeAndre_Hopkins

Targets: 33

Rec: 17

Yds: 227

Only 4 week sample size.  But teams will put their shut down corners on Hopkins.  If they double anyone, they'll double Hopkins.  I'm not sure how this turns around.

This is correct.

Regardless of how Fuller has been playing, teams are going to have to choose between Hopkins and Fuller. And I don't see teams saying to themselves "let's go 1v1 on Hopkins." I think that's one of the reasons why Fuller has succeeded so much is because of the pressure teams are putting on Hopkins, by either double teaming or playing more against the run due to Lamar Miller being a threat.

I'm a little nervous about this weeks matchup @ MIN. But I think they have a very good schedule after that.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities that Fuller finishes with either A. More yards, or B. More TDs.

Do you guys expect Will to hit a rookie wall?  He does have some tough matchups coming up, but at the same time he seems to be more than the one trick pony people thought he was.

On 10/4/2016 at 11:41 AM, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Again i like Fuller but i highly doubt he has more yards or TDs than Hopkins come seasons end. 

He has the edge now in yards (323-227) and targets (34-33) but they're tied in TDs. 

Im not gonna sit here and write a 6 paragraph essay on how it's early in the season and defenses come out of the gate defending the main threats before they adjust and add other players to their defensive game plan....

I dont see how anyone can deifintiively say one way or another.  

The way I see it, both guys are talented.  Yeah, Hopkins is officially their WR1 and was a target monster last year.  But there is a new qb in town.  Hate to break it to Hopkins owners, but all bets are off here.  

I can see Fuller having better numbers by years end.  he already does and we are in week 5.  Not to mention that the qb seems to love throwing to him.  That means something, fellas...

As for Minny..not sure what I am doing yet.  Its hard to trust anyone vs that defense and I DO have quality options in addition to Fuller.  Most of you should as he was likely drafted in the last few rounds of your draft.  

Edited by Funkenstein

It was Will Fuller's first punt return and he got a TD, does anyone know from any reports if the coach is planning for him to do more Punt returns or kick off returns?

My league counts those as yards, and if will do more at Vikings, I will definitely start him over Diggs this week @ Minnesota. What a big boost.

Vikes have not faced a speedster like Fuller so far right? He gets solid targets every week and with that speed all you need is 1 play and he's a good play for the week.. Against NE he faced Butler most of the time I thought, who is pretty fast as well (3.1 pts). Zimmer did say he was intruged by Fuller and his speed, so they might have a gameplan for him.

I'm benching Fuller because of the match ups but if I had to start him I wouldn't feel bad about it.  

Fuller is the perfect PPR flex player IMO. His floor has been solid with blow up potential. 

Edited by phatrat
AC content removed

I've got Fuller in my main league, but I would recommend sitting him this week if you have better options fellas. The Vikes D is legit. Waynes/Captain are the CB's I would expect to be on him all game. Captain is solid and Waynes is always in position and will take a penalty before giving up a catch, which does fantasy owners no good. Hell, Zimmer may even throw Alexander on him all game, who I believe shut him down in their college matchup.

As long as Rhodes plays, he will be on Nuk all game and likely won't need much help, if any. He is shutdown this year when he plays. That leaves more attention to the other threats ie: Fuller.

Also of note, after watching Eli throw the ball at his Olinemans feet anytime a defender got within 6 feet of him Monday night, you can bet they are gonna be hungry and will put some pressure on the QB. If you think BO has looked pedestrian up until this point, just wait until Sunday.

I am obviously biased, but I have no doubt Zimmer will keep him in check. If anyone is going to have a good game, its Miller.

Edited by vikesrube

Hi guys,

It was Will Fuller's first punt return and he got a TD, does anyone know from any reports if the coach is planning for him to do more Punt returns or kick off returns?

My league counts those as yards, and if will do more at Vikings, I will definitely start him over Diggs this week@ Minnesota. What a big boost.

This is a matchup (IMO), where I'm sitting Fuller if I have other WRs. But I too would not feel horrible about starting Fuller this week if absolutely necessary. His big-play ability is high enough to warrant starting him every week.

I'm running with him in my Flex. I'm OK with him there. I doubt he goes off like last week but I feel like he has solid floor which is nice for a flex option. 

Anyone starting this guy today that doesn't have return yards as a category?

3 minutes ago, Juke said:

Anyone starting this guy today that doesn't have return yards as a category?

A. Rob on bye so yes. I'd like a 4/90/1 stat line if he gets a nice 40-50 yard bomb. He can make the week on one play. It's the Vikings so if you have better options you can bench him but otherwise no need to get cute.

On 10/8/2016 at 9:57 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

V

Recognize the V!

what's the deal with the V? the 5th will fuller?

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

A. Rob on bye so yes. I'd like a 4/90/1 stat line if he gets a nice 40-50 yard bomb. He can make the week on one play. It's the Vikings so if you have better options you can bench him but otherwise no need to get cute.

The only other substitution I have is that bum Jacquizz Rodgers. Dear god Fuller don't let me down.

3 Games playing at home for Fuller this season.

HOME (3 Games) - 16-292-2 // 1 Punt Return TD :)

AWAY (2 Games) - 4-35-0 :(

I'm having a hard time talking myself out of sitting him this week AT HOME against a horrible IND defense that is giving up almost 30 PPG to opposing offenses.

I gotta believe that Fuller's floor this week is at least 5-60-0, and wouldn't be suprised if he had another big play and ends with a line of 7-108-1

All signs point to this game being a shootout. I'm calling IND 34 - HOU 30. 

Edited by CORTEz

Really stinks, and no reason not to buy in on the info. Great matchup, ugh-

Hope to see you next week V

Can't believe this guy isn't playing... do you think he actually sits like they say he will? Kennan Allen, Arian foster, Latavius Murray, Donte Moncrief, Tyler Eifert, and now Will Fuller.  This fantasy season blows