Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Axe Elf Fixes Your Team 9/2

I'm in a 10 team .5 ppr league. I just got offered Julius Thomas for my Derrick Henry. Should I make the trade? What are your thoughts? How do you like my team overall?

My Team:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger

WR1: Julio Jones

WR2: Keenan Allen

WR3: Doug Baldwin

RB1: Devonta Freeman

RB2: Jonathan Stewart 

TE: Jordan Reed

FLEX: Emmanuel Sanders

K: Adam Vinateri

DEF: Bengals

Bench:

Rashad Jennings, Kevin White, Derrick Henry, Darren Sproles, Tevin Coleman

What do you want with Thomas when you have Reed?  Keep Henry.

Fair but not good team; not in love with RB2 or Flex--you may have to get Jennings into the lineup.  You're going to be swapping out your QB, too.

7 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I don't think the RBs are good enough.  You'll need some waiver luck there to go along with strong WRs--and of course Reed staying healthy will be important too.

I'll need some 2014 A. Luck too please

6 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

What do you want with Thomas when you have Reed?  Keep Henry.

Fair but not good team; not in love with RB2 or Flex--you may have to get Jennings into the lineup.  You're going to be swapping out your QB, too.

Bortles and Cousins are available. Would you drop Tevin Coleman for either of them?

My Team:

Bench:

I'm content with my starters, but I feel for a 10 teamer I have a weak bench. Complicate that with the fact I got RB happy on the WW, and am rolling 5 bench RB's with 1 bench WR. I think my RB's all have value in some way. How do you suggest I get more WR's? Are some droppable or do they hold trade value?Top FA's are T. Benjamin, Funchess, and V. Jackson.

Thanks in advance, team and league info in my signature.

2 minutes ago, JEREMY LIN said:

Bortles and Cousins are available. Would you drop Tevin Coleman for either of them?

My Team:

Bench:

Normally I would say yes, but given that you have Freeman, probly not.

I might drop Roethlisberger for Cousins, though.

3 minutes ago, DonaldsDucks said:

I'm content with my starters, but I feel for a 10 teamer I have a weak bench. Complicate that with the fact I got RB happy on the WW, and am rolling 5 bench RB's with 1 bench WR. I think my RB's all have value in some way. How do you suggest I get more WR's? Are some droppable or do they hold trade value?Top FA's are T. Benjamin, Funchess, and V. Jackson.

Thanks in advance, team and league info in my signature.

Yes, you need a much better relief WR than Shepard.  Blount and Ware are both droppable, given your other RBs.  I'd pick up Funchess for sure; not too excited about either Travis Benjamin or Vincent Jackson.  Maybe the Charles owner is panicking and will shave a WR off the end of his bench for Ware?

32 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Yes, you need a much better relief WR than Shepard.  Blount and Ware are both droppable, given your other RBs.  I'd pick up Funchess for sure; not too excited about either Travis Benjamin or Vincent Jackson.  Maybe the Charles owner is panicking and will shave a WR off the end of his bench for Ware?

Hoped that was a possibility when I picked up Ware, offered him for Tavon (worst WR), that's when he told me he'd take Tavon over Cobb... The discussion ended there for me. Think I should drop Ware for Funchess, then wait for someone like Blount to explode and ship him off? 

I have Rookie draft pick 1.02, 1.04, and 1.09.

im thinking about taking Henry at 1.02 and either Shepard or Coleman at 1.04. Do you agree? 

At 1.09 I think fuller/docston/sharpe/funchess (it's also a draft with players who weren't kept) will be there. Rank them?

Just now, DonaldsDucks said:

Hoped that was a possibility when I picked up Ware, offered him for Tavon (worst WR), that's when he told me he'd take Tavon over Cobb... The discussion ended there for me. Think I should drop Ware for Funchess, then wait for someone like Blount to explode and ship him off? 

Ah, the old exploding Blount gag...  used to be a riot at the rasta festivals.

Good luck with that.

PPR 12 team auction 

QB: Luck ($5) 

RB: Miller ($49)

RB: Gio ($15)

WR: Odell Beckam ($64) 

WR: Landry ($30)

TE:  Ebron ($1)

Flex:  Maclin ($18)

Ds/t: Texans $1

K: Hauschka $1 

Bench: Rashad Jennings, Sanu, Chris Thompson, Morris, Eli rogers, Hogans, Robert Kelly 

Free agency: I can bid $0:  T.West, Veeren, Clay, Virgil Green, Will tye 

How does my team look? should i make changes? 

1 minute ago, Steelers0087 said:

I have Rookie draft pick 1.02, 1.04, and 1.09.

im thinking about taking Henry at 1.02 and either Shepard or Coleman at 1.04. Do you agree? 

At 1.09 I think fuller/docston/sharpe/funchess (it's also a draft with players who weren't kept) will be there. Rank them?

I would probly take Coleman, myself, but if it's not PPR and you're willing to sit on Henry for a year or two, then maybe.

For this year, Funchess, Sharpe, Fuller, Doctson; long-term Doctson, Funchess, Fuller, Sharpe.

2 minutes ago, suckmyforte said:

PPR 12 team auction 

QB: Luck ($5) 

RB: Miller ($49)

RB: Gio ($15)

WR: Odell Beckam ($64) 

WR: Landry ($30)

TE:  Ebron ($1)

Flex:  Maclin ($18)

Ds/t: Texans $1

K: Hauschka $1 

Bench: Rashad Jennings, Sanu, Chris Thompson, Morris, Eli rogers, Hogans, Robert Kelly 

Free agency: I can bid $0:  T.West, Veeren, Clay, Virgil Green, Will tye 

How does my team look? should i make changes? 

Fair, I probly wouldn't spend so much on Beckham and Miller.  Better pick up Virgil Green or Will Tye (drop Ebron), and I'd drop Kelley to pick up West.

Redraft 12-team PPR, three wideouts start:

QB Kirk

RB L Miller

RB Bell

WR Edelman

WR M Floyd

WR Matthews

TE J Reed

FLEX Sanders

LB Trevathan

DE Everson

DB Burnett

K Stream

Bench: Lockett, Riddick, Sproles, M Bennett, E Rogers, McKinnon, Spiller, Pryor, James White, Lewis (IR)

How important would you say it is that I address my lack of a true top-end receiver? How would you improve my team? Also I'm unfamiliar with IDP formats, what are some cliffnotes for playing with those?

16 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I would probly take Coleman, myself, but if it's not PPR and you're willing to sit on Henry for a year or two, then maybe.

For this year, Funchess, Sharpe, Fuller, Doctson; long-term Doctson, Funchess, Fuller, Sharpe.

Thanks it's non-ppr and I think coleman could be available at 1.04.  Hmm funchess vs sharpe will be a tough call for me. I already have kelvin Benjamin as my wr3

IDPs are like kickers, you can always get quality IDPs on waivers.  Don't bother keeping any on your bench (it looks like you haven't), and just keep harvesting the top performers off the wire for the first month until you end up with guys you're happy with.

It's moderately important to upgrade a WR position, but it's gonna be hard to get someone to cut you a solid WR1 for a combination of your bench trash.  You're probly gonna end up having to bite the bullet and send Miller or Bell (I'd probly prefer to keep Bell in a PPR) for a true stud.  You should be able to weather the RB loss with the NE duo--but it's risky.

1 minute ago, Steelers0087 said:

Thanks it's non-ppr and I think coleman could be available at 1.04.  Hmm funchess vs sharpe will be a tough call for me. I already have kelvin Benjamin as my wr3

Yeah, maybe, if you think you can pull off the double with Henry AND Coleman, that would be cool.  If you don't get Coleman, you should at least get Thomas there.

You din't mention the Benjamin thing; but yeah, that would probly move me to Sharpe or Fuller.

12 Team Standard

Do I trade one of my receivers to sure up my rb situation? Or just trust Gordon and hopefully one of my bench guys catch on. I know Ware is in a good spot if all the Charles stuff turns out to be as bad or worse as feared. 

QB- Brees

RB1- Charles

RB2 - M. Gordon

WR1- Odell

WR2- ARob

TE-Julius Thomas

Flex- Mike Evans

Defense- Rams

Kicker- Hauschka

Bench: Floyd, Gio, Ware, Corey Coleman, Tevin Coleman, Christine Michael, Deandre Washington

Will my crap team finish in last?

QB-Palmer

RB-Rawls, D. Johnson

WR-Nelson, Baldwin

DST-Denver

Flex-Benjamin ,Ware

K-Vinatieri

12 men standard scoring league

Qb- Big Ben

WR- A-Rob

WR- Will Fuller/Stefon Diggs/Steve Smith Sr.

RB - Gurly

RB- CJ Anderson

W/R - S. Ware (till Charles is back fulltime) /G. Bernard

TE -Jordan Reed

Bench: D. Carr

Should I drop Steve Smith Sr. and add Aiken?

Should I handcuff AP's backup -  Jerick McKinnon ?

Should I drop Diggs for  Darren Sproles ?

Who else should I try to trade?

Just now, Dlex859 said:

12 Team Standard

Do I trade one of my receivers to sure up my rb situation? Or just trust Gordon and hopefully one of my bench guys catch on. I know Ware is in a good spot if all the Charles stuff turns out to be as bad or worse as feared. 

QB- Brees

RB1- Charles

RB2 - M. Gordon

WR1- Odell

WR2- ARob

TE-Julius Thomas

Flex- Mike Evans

Defense- Rams

Kicker- Hauschka

Bench: Floyd, Gio, Ware, Corey Coleman, Tevin Coleman, Christine Michael, Deandre Washington

People, you can't just axe, "Should I make a trade?" because the answer is always, "Yes, if it improves your team," and "No, if it doesn't improve your team."  If you have an axual trade in mind, I can evaluate it for you, but I can't tell you who you are going to be able to get on your team based on who you already have on your team--that depends on who is available, how the other owners value their players, and lots of other things that can't be specified in advance.

That said, yeah, you have some WR flexibility, having four solids, and a RB need--you should be trying to flex a RB over a WR in standard scoring anyway.  So if you can get a studdish RB for Evans or Floyd, go for it!

4 minutes ago, mose316 said:

Will my crap team finish in last?

QB-Palmer

RB-Rawls, D. Johnson

WR-Nelson, Baldwin

DST-Denver

Flex-Benjamin ,Ware

K-Vinatieri

Only with improper waiver wire management and bad lineup judgment.

Guess I'll participate. Rate this 10-team, full PPR squad:

QB: Eli Manning

RB: Lamar Miller / Thomas Rawls / Duke Johnson Jr. / Matt Jones / Charles Sims / Darren Sproles

WR: Allen Robinson / Mike Evans / Demaryius Thomas / Michael Floyd / Michael Thomas / Travis Benjamin

TE: Zach Ertz

K: Mason Crosby

D/ST: Vikings

1 hour ago, Axe Elf said:

What do you mean by "What do I think?"

Means "how do you think I did drafting?"