Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Axe Elf Fixes Your Team 9/2

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

IDPs are like kickers, you can always get quality IDPs on waivers.  Don't bother keeping any on your bench (it looks like you haven't), and just keep harvesting the top performers off the wire for the first month until you end up with guys you're happy with.

 

It's moderately important to upgrade a WR position, but it's gonna be hard to get someone to cut you a solid WR1 for a combination of your bench trash.  You're probly gonna end up having to bite the bullet and send Miller or Bell (I'd probly prefer to keep Bell in a PPR) for a true stud.  You should be able to weather the RB loss with the NE duo--but it's risky.

This depends entirely on the format of the league and how much (in point value) IDPs are worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JD360Power said:

This depends entirely on the format of the league and how much (in point value) IDPs are worth.

 

No, it doesn't.  Even if kickers got 50 pts per FG, it would affect every kicker the same, and you still shouldn't take one until the final round.

 

Same for IDPs.

 

Unless you start 30 IDPs each or something, there will always be quality IDPs available on waivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

 

No, it doesn't.  Even if kickers got 50 pts per FG, it would affect every kicker the same, and you still shouldn't take one until the final round.

 

Same for IDPs.

 

Unless you start 30 IDPs each or something, there will always be quality IDPs available on waivers.

Have you ever played in a league that starts multiple IDPs before? I'm not sure you have a lot of experience to speak from with that format. Your arena of expertise seems to be entirely centered around leagues that use still DST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Axe! 

I drafted in 12 team, non keep PPR. I had 3rd pick. 

 

QB-Eli

RB-Miller

WR-Odell, Keenan

TE-Reed

Flex-Tate

DFT-PHI (plan on streaming)

K-Gano

Bench-Woodhead, Duke, Jennings, Ware, Jordan Matthews, Aiken

 

We play any combo of 4 RB/WR (min 1 of each).

 

What are your overall thoughts? How did I draft?  Strengths/Weaknesses?

 

Should I drop Ware/Aiken and grab back up TE (VGreen,McDonald, Walford) as Reed has injury history?

 

Teams grabbed 3QB's..crazy IMO with only 6 bench spots.  Only other QB's available are Flacco,Smith, Bradford, Osweiler.  Not 100% sold on Eli, but didn't feel any of these guys were worth rostering. Agree/disagree?

 

WW options include-Sharpe, M.Thomas, Boyd, Fuller, Perkins

 

Thanks for any advice/moves to make my team better.....good luck with your team(s)!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

 

No, it doesn't.  Even if kickers got 50 pts per FG, it would affect every kicker the same, and you still shouldn't take one until the final round.

 

Same for IDPs.

 

Unless you start 30 IDPs each or something, there will always be quality IDPs available on waivers.

It is true that there are a lot of defensive players that can be picked up from the waiver wire during the course of a season. However, all are not created equal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JD360Power said:

Have you ever played in a league that starts multiple IDPs before?

 

Many.  You don't think Axe Elf would speak on any subject in which he does not have expertise, now do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bosny said:

Hey Axe! 

I drafted in 12 team, non keep PPR. I had 3rd pick. 

 

QB-Eli

RB-Miller

WR-Odell, Keenan

TE-Reed

Flex-Tate

DFT-PHI (plan on streaming)

K-Gano

Bench-Woodhead, Duke, Jennings, Ware, Jordan Matthews, Aiken

 

We play any combo of 4 RB/WR (min 1 of each).

 

What are your overall thoughts? How did I draft?  Strengths/Weaknesses?

 

Should I drop Ware/Aiken and grab back up TE (VGreen,McDonald, Walford) as Reed has injury history?

 

Teams grabbed 3QB's..crazy IMO with only 6 bench spots.  Only other QB's available are Flacco,Smith, Bradford, Osweiler.  Not 100% sold on Eli, but didn't feel any of these guys were worth rostering. Agree/disagree?

 

WW options include-Sharpe, M.Thomas, Boyd, Fuller, Perkins

 

Thanks for any advice/moves to make my team better.....good luck with your team(s)!

 

 

 

I'd drop Ware for Michael Thomas; but you're looking pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna have to close up shop for the day.

 

I hope you all take full advantage of the opportunities this thread has provided you--and then I won't need to wish you Good Luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Axe! I'll take pretty good.  Haha.  Does Rishard Matthews have any value? Michael Thomas still best "lottery ticket" for me?  Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 team, PPR, 2 keeper

 

1) Being offered Adrian Peterson and 39th overall pick for 21st overall (first after keepers), current keepers are Gurley and either Allen Robinson or Dez Bryant. The 39th pick would then be my first for the draft. Should I do it?

 

2) If not, keep Robinson or Dez? I'd be looking to take another RB with the first pick so I won't reclaim whoever I don't choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Hill, Gore, DJ Jr, Sims, and Coleman in a 12 team full point PPR league. I have Green, Arob, Landry and Reed as my receivers/Flex/TE in the my starting lineup. Rivers and Carr. Are my RBs and QBs good enough to really make a run this year? If not, who are some players you think are undervalued at those positions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Axe, yesterday I posted my line-up and you said Rodgers was a mistake since I took Stafford.

 

Here's my line-up again.

 

QBs: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford

RBs: Le'Veon Bell, Arian Foster, Frank Gore, Isaiah Crowell, CMike

WRs: Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Jordan Matthews, Kevin White, Michael Thomas, Terrell Pryor

TE: Martellus Bennett 

DST & K: Cincy and Cantanzaro

 

Not sure what I could get for Rodgers from a team lacking a QB. Also, are there any other glaring needs/adjustments you'd make?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't draft any team yet. Sept 4th and 5th are our drafts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Your RBs are a little sad, and you could use a better WR3 than Thomas.

 

 

Better wr3 than Demaryius thomas?

 

Ok, someone cut him off. He's had enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NJLionsFan said:

Hey Axe, yesterday I posted my line-up and you said Rodgers was a mistake since I took Stafford.

 

Here's my line-up again.

 

QBs: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford

RBs: Le'Veon Bell, Arian Foster, Frank Gore, Isaiah Crowell, CMike

WRs: Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Jordan Matthews, Kevin White, Michael Thomas, Terrell Pryor

TE: Martellus Bennett 

DST & K: Cincy and Cantanzaro

 

Not sure what I could get for Rodgers from a team lacking a QB. Also, are there any other glaring needs/adjustments you'd make?

The glaring need was to draft a rb instead of rodgers. If you believe in those rbs, it could pay off. Im not sold on foster so the first 3 weeks will be tough without bell. After that, hope one of your rbs pan out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

The glaring need was to draft a rb instead of rodgers. If you believe in those rbs, it could pay off. Im not sold on foster so the first 3 weeks will be tough without bell. After that, hope one of your rbs pan out.

 

Yeah I drafted guys I had some faith in, even if they aren't the sexiest bunch. With #2WW, I'm confident I can nab someone if there's an injury of some sort to a starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Ok, it looks like I'm going to be stuck here at work for the next five hours or so; I might as well use my time and company pay to your advantage.

Here is your chance to get all your roster, starter, trade and waivers questions answered by the Legend that is Axe Elf.  I will probly have to attend to other matters from time to time, but I will try to answer all (legitimate) question axed of me in this thread over the next few hours.

Go.

16 tm, standard, dynasty

as a charles owner would you give lockett/langford, to get ware/parker?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NJLionsFan said:

 

Yeah I drafted guys I had some faith in, even if they aren't the sexiest bunch. With #2WW, I'm confident I can nab someone if there's an injury of some sort to a starter.

Be sure to save that until the perfect rb snag, don't get caught up in the early games unless you NEED it.

 

As long as they arent waivers that reset for noobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

16 tm, standard, dynasty

as a charles owner would you give lockett/langford, to get ware/parker?

 

As much as it would be nice to lock up that kc backfield, who's to say that it won't be a committee? I say keep langford unless you really need wr help and have the rb depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For week one which defense would you prefer

eagles d vs Browns

vikings d vs titans

or Rams d vs San Fran

 

thanks 

 

oh also who would you start week one foster vs Seahawks

langford vs Texans 

or rashad Jennings vs Cowboys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on this team? 10 team, 6pt pass TD and ret yardage league must start 3 wrs

 

Cam, Jordy, Decker, Tate, Forte, Demarco, Olsen, Tucker, Indy D...bench, Hurns, Moncrief, Gore, Rivers, Ivory, Eifert

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB – Luck/Stafford

RB – Abdullah/Riddick/Duke Johnson/Powell/Sims/Ware

WR- Hopkins/ARob/Landry/Hilton/Josh Gordon/Lockett/Snead/Will Fuller

TE- Dwayne Allen/Vance McDonald

K – Blair Walsh

12 team .5 PPR 6 points for QB TD, 1 point for 10 return yards

We start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/ 2 FLEX (WR/RB)(WR/TE)

 

Should i trade Hilton/Ware for CJ Anderson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Gonna have to close up shop for the day.

 

I hope you all take full advantage of the opportunities this thread has provided you--and then I won't need to wish you Good Luck!

 

Jeez, people, pay attention!  We're CLOSED!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm disappointed in you Axe. You didn't advise a single player to pickup Davante Parker off the ww. Are you ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, David447 said:

I'm disappointed in you Axe. You didn't advise a single player to pickup Davante Parker off the ww. Are you ok?

 

That's not too surprising, since there is no such player.

 

And no one axed about DeVante Parker, either--although it would be silly to think of him being on the waiver wire in anything larger than a four team league with eight man rosters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.