burninglegs

Dontrelle Inman 2016 Season Outlook

The Chargers Base starting group last week was Benjamin, Allen and Williams

Inman, is just sliding in for Allen, could be a PPR or bust guy

On 9/18/2016 at 0:54 AM, Golden Spikes said:

The Chargers Base starting group last week was Benjamin, Allen and Williams

Inman, is just sliding in for Allen, could be a PPR or bust guy

Inman getting the most targets here in half #1

So what do we think about Inman after that performance?  11 targets, 8 catches.  Yes it was the Saints....but the Raiders are up next and that is intriguing.

Then the problem sets in...2 out of the next 3 games (weeks 6 & 8) against the Broncos.  Other than that the schedule looks ok...especially typical fantasy playoffs (weeks 14-16 against the Panthers, Raiders, and Browns).

All I have learned so far watching the bolts is that Rivers will spread that ball around and his wr's r are vaolatile starts

I agree. Inman is probably worth a pickup just to see what happens but I don't think he'll separate himself as the team's true #1. They have 3 WRs who will probably all take turns which will be frustrating.

This was Inman's career game. He'll never do that again. Looked very awkward catching the ball, like he was fighting to catch a bird. Has good speed, but I wouldn't count on him ROS

This guy worth a look this week against the last rated team against WRs? Thinking of dropping Lockett for him. Had a solid game last week.

Inman's not a bad bye week replacement this week if you really need a second WR.  Nobody on the team is running more routes than Inman and last week it paid off for 11 targets which he converted into a huge day (7/120/1).  Now he has yet another plus matchup coming down the pike this week and with Travis Benjamin's "JAG" showing lately it wouldn't surprise me if Inman sees 8+ targets again at Oakland.

3 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Inman's not a bad bye week replacement this week if you really need a second WR.  Nobody on the team is running more routes than Inman and last week it paid off for 11 targets which he converted into a huge day (7/120/1).  Now he has yet another plus matchup coming down the pike this week and with Travis Benjamin's "JAG" showing lately it wouldn't surprise me if Inman sees 8+ targets again at Oakland.

What do you mean, JAG showing?  

35 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

What do you mean, JAG showing?  

I mean he's not been playing all that great.  Last week against in the best matchup one could hope for he did little... except lose a fumble which cost SD the game.

Hey guys, was going to post on the asst. coach forum but its not letting me create a post for whatever reason. Anyway, I currently have inman, and just noticed tyrell williams is up for grabs on the waiver in my league... anyone have any input in whether I should pick up williams and start him over inman or not? I know williams is prob the more consistent of the 2, but based off last weeks performance it seems inman is really starting to get some opportunities with the ball, and realistically williams hasn't done anything stellar this season. Any and all input is appreciated!  

Inman is a here today and gone tomorrow type of WR. Not consistent enough to consider for ff imo.

I took a chance on Inman. Benjamin and Williams are already owned and there is a chance he could become the #1 target. Rivers has a history of turning unknowns into useful commodities(ex. Alexander). 

Heard on the CBS fftoday podcast that he is their favorite chargers we this week. Apparently the weakest link in oaklands secondary is their slot corner and Inman is supposed to play the slot?

23 minutes ago, warehousemark123 said:

With the broncos corners focusing on Benjamin and gates and Henry think he has some value this week

what about williams?

5 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

thoughts going forward if benjamin looks iffy?

I get hit hard on byes in a 3WR + flex league the next two weeks. Had a low waiver wire so ended up with Inman. if the other SD receivers are banged up, he could be a nice option. 

3 hours ago, ESquared said:

I get hit hard on byes in a 3WR + flex league the next two weeks. Had a low waiver wire so ended up with Inman. if the other SD receivers are banged up, he could be a nice option. 

I'm sailing in the same boat. Any word on Williams/Benjamins health for this week?

5 minutes ago, Krustyburger said:

I'm sailing in the same boat. Any word on Williams/Benjamins health for this week?

It's only 9am here in San Diego. I doubt we'll hear anything for another 6 hours or so.

2 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

It's only 9am here in San Diego. I doubt we'll hear anything for another 6 hours or so.

What beat reporter would you look towards to get information on TBen's second opinion first? 

Just now, taobball said:

What beat reporter would you look towards to get information on TBen's second opinion first? 

I think Kevin Acee would be the guy. Also look for Michael Gehlken.