burninglegs

Dontrelle Inman 2016 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, AroundTheHorn said:

Weather a factor this week?

The weather calls for rain in the morning, 14mph wind and weather in the 30s. So the weather isn't great in general. That said, this is more likely to hurt the downfield passing game. This weather is fine for running the ball and for the type of passes a slot receiver like Inman regularly gets. So if anything, the crummy weather helps Inman.

53 minutes ago, ESquared said:

The weather calls for rain in the morning, 14mph wind and weather in the 30s. So the weather isn't great in general. That said, this is more likely to hurt the downfield passing game. This weather is fine for running the ball and for the type of passes a slot receiver like Inman regularly gets. So if anything, the crummy weather helps Inman.

I hope you are right. I have a few other slot guys I'm considering too. If Gordon doesn't play I probably will start Inman.  If Gordon does play, it's more than likely a toss up between he and Meredith. I will keep a close eye on the weather in both cities. 

1 hour ago, ESquared said:

eeehhh......

A bit of a stretch saying rain helps any pass catcher.  I'm more of the thinking that the weather won't be much of a factor and the 3 chargers wrs are a complete crapshoot.   Maybe a better day for the TE's if it's nasty

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

eeehhh......

A bit of a stretch saying rain helps any pass catcher.  I'm more of the thinking that the weather won't be much of a factor and the 3 chargers wrs are a complete crapshoot.   Maybe a better day for the TE's if it's nasty

I wasn't saying rain helps Inman in terms of big picture. Obviously rain/wind is not good news in general for a passing game.

I was saying rain helps in the sense that he as a slot receiver is more likely to get targeted because Rivers is less likely to take downfield shots. I think if anyone is hurt it's Travis Benjamin as he is the big play guy. Just ask Sammy Watkins how he did last week in Cleveland.

42 minutes ago, ESquared said:

I wasn't saying rain helps Inman in terms of big picture. Obviously rain/wind is not good news in general for a passing game.

I was saying rain helps in the sense that he as a slot receiver is more likely to get targeted because Rivers is less likely to take downfield shots. I think if anyone is hurt it's Travis Benjamin as he is the big play guy. Just ask Sammy Watkins how he did last week in Cleveland.

Don't see it.   Unless they specifically gameplan to funnel more targets to him because of the weather.  

Looking at Inman's good games-  his depth per reception as well as depth per TD catch is high.   The narrative of him doing more damage on short routes is misleading.

week 4- 7/120/1 (57 yrd TD)

8-4/72

12- 6/119/1 (52 yrd TD)

13-2/49/1 (35 yrd TD)

14-6/71/1 (19 yrd TD)

Edited by Impreza178

32 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Don't see it.   Unless they specifically gameplan to funnel more targets to him because of the weather.  

Looking at Inman's good games-  his depth per reception as well as depth per TD catch is high.   The narrative of him doing more damage on short routes is misleading.

week 4- 7/120/1 (57 yrd TD)

8-4/72

12- 6/119/1 (52 yrd TD)

13-2/49/1 (35 yrd TD)

14-6/71/1 (19 yrd TD)

I never gave that narrative. I didn't say Inman doesn't make big plays (I said Benjamin is the "big play guy" - and he is - I didn't say he is the "only guy capable of big plays") or insinuate he doesn't go downfield every now and then. My point is that Inman is the slot receiver on the Chargers and the weather in Cleveland benefits that particular role in the passing game because downfield shots may be reduced.

Edited by ESquared

Esquared, you are really firing me up to start Inman. I would feel safe with him (floor 6 points) as my 3rd WR. If he gets a td, I get 12 or more. Now my question is who sits? Hmmmm

Lets not get caught on one sentence.   You completely glossed over the numbers that tell the story of Inmans usage.  

The point is-  it doesn't matter where he lines up.   This guy does his damage on big plays, as I suspect all the Chargers WRs do.   They are interchangeable and weather will affect them all more or less the same.   

28 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Lets not get caught on one sentence.   You completely glossed over the numbers that tell the story of Inmans usage.  

The point is-  it doesn't matter where he lines up.   This guy does his damage on big plays, as I suspect all the Chargers WRs do.   They are interchangeable and weather will affect them all more or less the same.   

Yeah he has some nice long TDs. Again, I never said he wasn't capable of big plays.

The point remains, he is a slot receiver. His bread and butter are those efficient gains that a player in his role typically gets. What about the games you didn't bring up? His 3 for 32 vs Indy, his 1 for 11 vs Denver, his 6 for 56 vs Tennessee, his 5 for 43 vs Miami or his 5 for 68 this past game. Also look at his stats in the games you take out his big TD. 6 for 63 vs Indy, 3 for 35 vs Denver, 5 for 67 vs Houston, 1 for 14 vs TB and 5 for 52 versus Carolina. 

Yeah he has some flashy TDs but it's clear what his role is. It's why his average depth of target and his average depth of catch are basically the same at 10 yards. That's his sweet spot.

Have his long TD's been on deep throws down the field or quick routes he takes to the house?  He doesn't strike me as a speedster, but I can't say I watch many Chargers games.  

He is the most talented roster on the Bears, but it’s not saying much. Think this is a better real life trade than for fantasy purposes, but he’s worth a stash if you looking for a wr4/5. 

not often a WR can walk into a sitch where a measley 4 targets per game actually translate to 50% of the pass distribution ...

$$$ MONEY MITCH, BABY $$$

Hasn't played a down, or caught a pass as a Chicago Bear yet. Already our #1 receiver already... How depressing :wacko:

7 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Hasn't played a down, or caught a pass as a Chicago Bear yet. Already our #1 receiver already... How depressing :wacko:

Number 1 receiver to see 3 targets a game since the bears plan is to run it 35 times...He is a must add! lol. Glad I have howard. I hope they feed him 30 times this weekend.

12 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Number 1 receiver to see 3 targets a game since the bears plan is to run it 35 times...He is a must add! lol. Glad I have howard. I hope they feed him 30 times this weekend.

Fox needs to be fired, he is so conservative. Inman is serviceable though, had a good 2nd half surge last season. Need Fox+Loggains to open up the playbook for Mitch. 

#WhyNot?

It's a deep league and I'm dumping Ricardo. 

Seems like everybody and their brother has a thread, I was surprised.