CrypTviLL

Serge Ibaka 2016-2017 Season Outlook

11 hours ago, snroto said:

thats a steal..

were you guys top 5 picks?

I was #6 of 12 over all. 

My first 5 were

KD, Wall, Hartford, M. Gasol

Wow. 19 pts 17 reb last game, 25 pts 2 blks this game. It's only pre-season but I may have to adjust my projections even more if he keeps this up.

Once again let the team on shot attempts and scoring tonight.. I thought it was a little over-ambitious to call Ibaka even a 2nd option with Vucevic and Fournier still in the fold, but so far he's looking like a 1st option on offense. Crazy. 

drafted him 4th over pau. Mistake? I have the chance to trade for Pau so would love to hear opinions.

1st pick- Dame Dolla

2nd pick - Whiteside

3rd pick - Lamarcus (over marc)

4th pick - Ibaka (over pau)

25 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

drafted him 4th over pau. Mistake? I have the chance to trade for Pau so would love to hear opinions.

1st pick- Dame Dolla

2nd pick - Whiteside

Don't trade him, Ibaka is in for a good year, his usage rate will be the biggest in his career. Pau will only maybe get you more rebounds, but Ibaka will have more blocks and more 3's.

2 hours ago, Walk with me said:

1st pick- Dame Dolla

2nd pick - Whiteside

1 hour ago, Mad Luke said:

Don't trade him, Ibaka is in for a good year, his usage rate will be the biggest in his career. Pau will only maybe get you more rebounds, but Ibaka will have more blocks and more 3's.

Agreed. Not only is Pau on the Spurs who are bad for fantasy with the frequent rest days, but Pau is 36-years old now. At this stage in his career his production is in a consistent dropoff, you can cut his stats a bit and every year from now on and there's no guarantee we get the same Pau as last season. Just remember Tim Duncan, he seemed ageless but look at his production in his last year and you'll see proof that father time catches up with everyone.

Edited by s-kayos

On 10/4/2016 at 8:32 PM, Trade Monster said:

Just did a money draft on Yahoo. 6th overall of a 12 team league. Got Ibaka in the 5th round. H2H 9 cat. I thought it was a steal myself.

Wow you got a really similar team to me. 5th/12 H2H 9 cat. KD, IT, Porzingis, Marc Gasol, then Ibaka. 

1 hour ago, thrilla1nManila said:

It was a blow out so we should let this pass

On top of that his teammates are selfish as hell. There were so many times he would cut or pop out off a screen and be wide open and there was so much 1 on 1 basketball. It was aggravating. 

Those stupid preseason outbursts suckered me into the two season sh*t show that has been Serge Ibaka. This line is eerily similar to so many he put up last year, but the playing time is a shocker.

Wish he'd provide some blocks soon, but it's a welcome site to see some signs of life tonight against Cleveland.  Pretty rough stat line until he picked it up in the 4th.  

19 minutes ago, Snilbog said:

Wish he'd provide some blocks soon, but it's a welcome site to see some signs of life tonight against Cleveland.  Pretty rough stat line until he picked it up in the 4th.  

I watched part of the game and he did pretty well despite the ****show known as the orlando magic. His team is just trash, which will affect his play and stats. All of the magic seem so selfish, either jacking up a s---y shots whenever they get the ball, or turning it over. 

he did pretty decent yesterday against the cavs...clearly the most efficient player in my opinion in terms of +/-....FG'% and etc.  Coach needs to realize they need to have the team revolve around Ibaka =]..and unlease him to the max.  But last game was a good sign.

Two good games in a row.... only going to get better? 

Been looking at him as a potential buy-low.. but the good games started coming.

41 minutes ago, Wise guy91 said:

Will this jerk start rebounding? 

He's alergic to rebounds B. I'll be pretty happy with 17-5 with 2 blocks. Sprinkle in a 3 like today and I wont complain. 

5 minutes ago, mmart_ph said:

Sucks if your two big men are Brook Lopez and Ibaka! 

I did this in my punt rebounds build...

The Eric Andre Show mind blown eric andre head explode

He's improving every game. Great %'s.. Points and blocks. And low TOs. He's gonna have a nice year as he gets more comfortable. 

Blocks declining every season. Was Ibaka's main appeal for a long time, so disappointing. He actually averaged 3.7 one season in only 27 mpg! At the rate he's going Enes Kanter will be averaging more blocks than him in a couple years.

Edited by LuSamSiam