CrypTviLL

Serge Ibaka 2016-2017 Season Outlook

18 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

i think the guy is really 39 years old. Those African players are known to lie about their age.

Didn't know Ersan Illyasova was from Africa. The things you learn.....

9 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Who else drafted him in the 3rd-4th round? :(

end of 3rd ....... :angry:

I collected some predictions before season:

I'm pretty sure ibaka will have a bigger offensive role in Orlando than OKC.

I'm buying on Ibaka. Call me crazy, but they need offensive output. Yes he is not a crazy 20 point per game guy be has game that's consistent unlike others in the starting lineup.

Before this past season ibaka had been top 20 in per game value every year since the 11-12 season. He's absolutely worth a pick in the 2nd round pick in a 20 team league.

Career year coming..Orlando got him for those blks AND that sweet jumper! They are going to let him loose...

Don't trade him, Ibaka is in for a good year, his usage rate will be the biggest in his career.

I think Ibaka is ranked right where he should be. 30th in ESPN, 25th in Yahoo!

There was also some skeptical like bballshinobi: I think Ibaka is still a fine fantasy player but definitely not worth his pre-draft ranking. There are too many things working against him this year. Even the supposedly "positives" are actually not quite positive.

And finally: I have always been Ibaka's convinced opponent. I never liked his stats due to lack of assists and steals which are too important cats for me not to draft this kind of player early. But even I was optimistic (14 pts, 7 rebs, 2 blks)...

If you have him and you are not punting assists, this is going to be a very long year. I would try to move him for whatever i can get. Maybe Jrue + 4th round type of guy.

If you have him and are punting assists and cant trade him away at all, there is still some hope in this situation. The biggest problem is steals and rebounds. Now would be a good time to try to get a guy like Covington while his value is low for some pieces you have. 

43 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

If you have him and you are not punting assists, this is going to be a very long year. I would try to move him for whatever i can get. Maybe Jrue + 4th round type of guy.

If you have him and are punting assists and cant trade him away at all, there is still some hope in this situation. The biggest problem is steals and rebounds. Now would be a good time to try to get a guy like Covington while his value is low for some pieces you have. 

Why hey does punting assists matter? That's not why people drafted him. 

the only posistive i can take is that i should get his "usage" rate is a lot higher maybe? this is only based on the fact that hes taking a lot more shots than usual...the only posistive..but other than that...WHERE ARE THE REBOUNDS AND BLOCK....OMGAAAAD.

at least i saw that hes shooting 3's now...AWESOME.....but it looks like all that time training for shooting 3's...he forgot how to rebound and forgot how to block...it seems.....I'm a believer and i feel that since its his first year with the team and all....he'lll develop better cehmistry with the team....and turn it up....buy low lol...*cough sell low

He still has a tendency to run down the floor and immediately run to the far corner on offense... was basically his role in OKC for the last 3+ years so I guess he's just conditioned to do it now. 

Traded this bum, the decline in blocks and rebounds has to be a effort issue. Having this occur for the past 4 years is no joke anymore. I  wouldve  thought a change of scenario would help, but with thw threat of Biyombo actually willing to play defense and him trying to be the next Kevin Love. He's just not worth it, even if he gets his blocks up to 1.5-2 which will be a battle I can might as well get that production picking up a Robin Lopez on waivers who will at least get me rebounds and a better percentage 

Edited by Foppatosakic

1 minute ago, Foppatosakic said:

Traded this bum, the decline in blocks and rebounds has to be a effort issue. Having this occur for the past 4 years is no joke anymore. I  wouldve  thought a change of scenario would help, but with thw threat of Biyombo actually willing to play defense and him trying to be the next Kevin Love. He's just not worth it, even if he gets his blocks up to 1.5-2 which will be a battle I can might as well get that production picking up a Robin Lopez on waivers who will at least get me rebounds and a better percentage 

Who would you trade him for?

2 hours ago, canonuevo said:

Who would you trade him for?

At the point he's a hard sell,  I had to package him with Gay to get M. Gasol plus. The only way your getting something out of him is based off name and previous seasons but that window is closing. 

It sucks I overdrafted him hoping he would regain form but this is a yearly occurrence now. He could be such a good Fantasy asset but now you can grab a Marcus Morris and get better value.  

2 hours ago, Foppatosakic said:

At the point he's a hard sell,  I had to package him with Gay to get M. Gasol plus. The only way your getting something out of him is based off name and previous seasons but that window is closing. 

It sucks Ioverdraftedhim hoping he would regain form but this is a yearly occurrence now. He could be such a good Fantasy asset but now you can grab a Marcus Morris and get better value.  

Despite his early struggles and being overdrafted, would you still trade someone like schroder for him or is that even too much?

I was offered him for nurk and nance jr.  It's a keeper league but I wouldn't even do that. 

15 minutes ago, jayreyd said:

I was offered him for nurk and nance jr.  It's a keeper league but I wouldn't even do that. 

I'd rather have Nurk than Ibaka right now even in re-draft leagues

Edited by hipriest69

37 minutes ago, lakerforlife42 said:

Despite his early struggles and being overdrafted, would you still trade someone like schroder for him or is that even too much?

Depends on your needs, at this point Ibaka's value is all based on his blocking. He contributes nothing to  steals, assists, and now  rebounds. Add to the fact his new fetish for taking threes, his percentages will take a hit.  If he can't even produce at a 1-1.5 clip, he is absolutely worthless. If your going to trade him, your best bet is to find someone that still sees Ibaka as a big name and will overvalue him like we all did (for anyone who overdrafted)  It wouldn't suprise me to see him bang out some big games but all signs are pointing to stagnation or even a decline in hustle stats.

When I drafted Ibaka, I didn't realize I was punting Rebounds/Assists/Steals/Blocks.

He had a little more fire in him tonight but the blow out limited him.  Oh and lol at being in a timeshare with Biyombo.  FML.

1 hour ago, bksm said:

What was Orlando thinking with getting Biyombo AND Ibaka anyway?

THIS.   Orlando was pretty solid with bigs with Gordon and Vucevic anyway.   For their primary offseason moves to be to acquire two big dollar bigs  that will come off the bench at the expense of shipping one of the more explosive young starting shooting guards in the league in Oladipo away makes zero sense.  

1 minute ago, canonuevo said:

Is he drop able in a 10 teamer?

I'd hold (can't trade right now cos he's a complete trash)

Just now, Kaishi said:

I'd hold (can't trade right now cos he's a complete trash)

Yes, it's so frustrating. Plus, I am holding a couple injured people with no IR. Hopefully, he explodes a couple games so I can sell.

I think Orlando is moving away Vucevic, or hoping to trade him. If that is true then obviously there is more upside. I'm not sure why they would have all these bags unless they plan to ship one of them.