Rotoworld.com Forums

18 minutes ago, dogfightgiggle said:

He's got the speed and the arm to be fantasy relevant in his rookie season (RGIII, Watson).  Particularly so since draft projections have him going in a range where he'll be a consideration for a team with an otherwise solid roster.  Personally, I'm hoping Arizona takes the plunge.

In dynasty drafts, I'm hoping he gets forgotten after the Mayfield/Rosen/Allen hype. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RG3 2.0

Hugh Jackson just implied to Schefter that Jackson isn't a franchise QB. Given his track record, I now feel even better about Jackson becoming a stud NFL QB. 

I'm actually very impressed with his poise and improved pocket passing this year. He has a great ability to hit seem routes up the middle and has been standing in the pocket much longer these first tw

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, devaster said:

He won't be a QB in the NFL. I just didn't see the QB talent from him in college. Fun to watch though. Wonder if he will make the transition to WR or RB.

I disagree, and think he will be an NFL QB. He’s certainly as advanced as Vick was as a passer when he came out.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, petekrum said:

I disagree, and think he will be an NFL QB. He’s certainly as advanced as Vick was as a passer when he came out.

Well he could start out as a QB, but I see a similar career parallel to Pryor if he does that. I don't think he makes it as a QB.

50 minutes ago, devaster said:

He won't be a QB in the NFL. I just didn't see the QB talent from him in college. Fun to watch though. Wonder if he will make the transition to WR or RB.

Laughable

I guess you know more about QB talent than Petrino. 

Thinking like this is why a punter was drafted ahead of Russell Wilson. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Laughable

I guess you know more about QB talent than Petrino. 

Thinking like this is why a punter was drafted ahead of Russell Wilson. 

Wilson fell in the draft due to height. He was a legitimate QB in college. Could have also been due to the transfer somewhat. If Mayfield falls at all it is the same issue with his height. I don't buy into his maturity issues.

There are plenty of QBs in college that work well in their college system that don't translate to the NFL. When was the last time an Urban Meyer or Petrino QB was successful in the NFL as a QB? Bridgewater? lol

Edited by devaster
14 minutes ago, devaster said:

Wilson fell in the draft due to height. He was a legitimate QB in college. Could have also been due to the transfer somewhat. If Mayfield falls at all it is the same issue with his height. I don't buy into his maturity issues.

There are plenty of QBs in college that work well in their college system that don't translate to the NFL. When was the last time an Urban Meyer or Petrino QB was successful in the NFL as a QB? Bridgewater? lol

Wilson fell because NFL execs can be stubborn morons. They focused on his height, his baseball career, and his NC State coach badmouthing him instead of anything that actually mattered for the NFL - like his production, leadership and ability to read defenses. Again, fell to the point where a punter was drafted ahead of him.

I am confident the collective NFL brass will be just as foolish about Jackson despite what he has done on the field. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, devaster said:

Well he could start out as a QB, but I see a similar career parallel to Pryor if he does that. I don't think he makes it as a QB.

Perhaps, but he’s a much better passer than Pryor ever was.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, thebrowns said:

Lamar Jackson:

image.png.44a61639393a88afd3412d0a21a7b810.png

2 minutes ago, thebrowns said:

Matthew Stafford:

mattstafford.png

Just now, thebrowns said:

Josh Allen:

joshallen.png

I've heard the Matthew Stafford to Josh Allen comp from a lot of people, particularly from Mel Kiper. Jackson seems like a better comp than Allen. Kiper made an "Allen doesn't throw bubble screens because Jackson plays in a power conference" argument of why Allen is better than Jackson as a prospect; right before comping Allen to Stafford.

Who knows if Jackson is an NFL QB. I like his release, his pocket presence, his ability to look off defenders and read coverage, I LOVE his playmaking as a runner, I think he has narrow feet. Wentz had to get fixed in the feet. Jackson has the arm and has improved accuracy. Stafford took nearly a half-decade in the NFL to become a competent passer accuracy wise. Jackson has a high ceiling in the NFL and in Fantasy. 

I think he is safe in picks 10-20 because of his athleticism. IF he doesn't pan out he will be a fine receiver.

Outside of Lamar Jackson, I want nothing to do with any of the rookie QBs in this draft. *granted, having already rostered Rivers and Garoppolo (team in sig), I am afforded the luxury of not having to reach for a rookie signal caller to insert, and fill a void right away.

Not apples to apples, but: I had similar feelings about Deshaun Watson last year (him compared vs his rookie counterparts at the position), and while I didn't land Watson, Watson's play has only reinforced my opinion/perception of Jackson.

I'd much rather hook my wagon to the upside of a Lamar Jackson lottery ticket...count me in!

Just now, FollowTheLeader said:

Outside of Lamar Jackson, I want nothing to do with any of the rookie QBs in this draft. *granted, having already rostered Rivers and Garoppolo (team in sig), I am afforded the luxury of not having to reach for a rookie signal caller to insert, and fill a void right away.

Not apples to apples, but: I had similar feelings about Deshaun Watson last year (him compared vs his rookie counterparts at the position), and while I didn't land Watson, Watson's play/success has only reinforced my opinion/perception of Jackson.

I'd much rather hook my wagon to the upside of a Lamar Jackson lottery ticket...count me in!

On 3/1/2018 at 7:04 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

Assuming he's drafted by a team where come fantasy draft time we're fairly certain he'll be the starter, how high does he get drafted?

I think it all depends on the team. Say Big Ben retires and the Steelers draft him. Where would he rank for your fantasy QB's?

2 hours ago, koreaonaboat said:

I think it all depends on the team. Say Big Ben retires and the Steelers draft him. Where would he rank for your fantasy QB's?

If he goes to a team where he's clearly the starter he'd honestly be a borderline top 5 QB fantasy wise IMO just because of the rushing ability, particularly in a 4 point passing TD league.

30 minutes ago, AJJones said:

Did it concern anyone when he said he hadn't called Mike Vick back? Makes me wonder about his work ethic.

Was that from one of the combine interviews? I thought he said he hadn't had a chance to call Deshaun Watson back. Regardless, it doesn't concern me at all. If anything his throws at the combine showed me that he is trying too hard. Truly, having an agent would have helped him know how to prepare properly. 

I'm convinced that he is going to be an amazing QB if he can land behind one of the aging superstars. I'd love to see him in NE or NO. That release and pocket presence is special. McDaniels and Payton are both capable of fixing the mechanics; especially if he is working alongside guys like Brees or Brady. If Rodgers was a little older I'd say Green Bay but he is only entering his year 36 year. I imagine he'll try to play until at least 40.

On 3/5/2018 at 1:24 PM, koreaonaboat said:

I think Jackson would benefit most from two years of development. I'd feel better about Pittsburgh if Haley was still there.

I really hope he doesn't land with Arizona, Miami, or Buffalo where he'd have to start right away.

He said he hadn't been able to get on the same page with Mike due to scheduling. Either way, I love Jackson's pocket presence and I think if he ends up in the right situation he will succeed. However, I hope the chip he has on his shoulder doesn't keep him from growing as a person and a player. He seems a bit dismissive to criticism. (I am nitpicking)

Edited by AJJones

I'll probably cross post this. Los Angeles Chargers seems like an intriguing landing place for Jackson. Wisenhunt has groomed young quarterbacks before. Rivers probably plays two more years. 

Edited by thebrowns

They don't have a good pick to grab him with; but Cleveland is my new favorite landing place for Jackson. I think Haley is the perfect OC for him and that a risk adverse QB like Taylor is a great mentor. Two years there would be great; like what the Chiefs did with Smith and Mahomes.

On 1/28/2018 at 1:28 PM, devaster said:

What he said.