Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rotobronco

Prospects Getting Promotions - AA, AAA, MLB

Not meant to be a *discussion* thread on particular prospects, but an excellent suggestion by spundin - prospects getting promoted (and that includes High-A/AA/AAA promotions). Because prospects who get promoted to the big leagues are fair game in the Main Forum, they're left out for now.

We'll pin it for now, and see how things work out. If you want to discuss a particular guy, then post (or more importantly, add to a previous thread - use the SEARCH function to confirm please) in the regular part of the Minors Forum.

Remember, you can also refer to the Minors Directory to look up if a player has been discussed, and add to it.

EDIT AUGUST 7 - OK, as per dodgerblue's suggestion, here's the list so far:

AAA

Taylor Teagarden, TEX

Bryan Anderson, STL

Darryl Thompson, CIN

Joshua Roenicke, CIN

Wade Davis, TB

Jon Niese, NYM

Ricky Romero, TOR

Travis Snider, TOR (2nd promotion - Aug)

Carlos Carrasco, PHI

AA

Travis Snider, TOR

Antonio Bastardo, PHI

Thomas Hansen, ATL

Trevor Cahill, OAK

David Price, TB

Michael Saunders, COL

Neftali Feliz, TEX

JP Arencibia, TOR

Gregory Halman, SEA

Daniel Bard, BOS

Lars Anderson, BOS

Drew Stubbs, CIN

Jeremy Jeffress, MIL

High A

Todd Frazier, Cin

sean rodriguez is on the major league club and should see sometime at 2b while kendrick is out

Does Rodriguez project as a pretty good player in the future? Havent read/heard much about him...

Does Rodriguez project as a pretty good player in the future? Havent read/heard much about him...

I like Sean Rodriguez. When I did my AL prospect rankings at the end of 2007, I ranked him as the 5th best SS prospect in the AL and my opinion of him hasn't been swayed much. He's almost 23 and is a 5-tool prospect, although he has been inconsistent. After a good showing in A-ball in 2005 (.793 OPS, 14 HR, 27 SB's, excellent walk-rate, and much improved defense) he started 2006 in A+ where he was awesome. He showed a lot of power and speed there and was then promoted to AA where he was even better. At 21, he combined that year to hit .306 with 29 HR's, 86 RBI's, and 16 SB's. His stock slipped last year because he repeated AA and hit only .254 and struck out a lot (although he did have 17 HR's, 31 2B's, 15 SB's, and a .345 OBP). Also, he bulked up which seemed to add some power, but definitely affected his speed.

He's an interesting prospect. In Anaheim he might be stuck, though. His best hope is that Brandon Wood takes over 3B and Rodriguez takes over SS (although Wood is the better defender) or he gets traded.

I like Sean Rodriguez. When I did my AL prospect rankings at the end of 2007, I ranked him as the 5th best SS prospect in the AL and my opinion of him hasn't been swayed much. He's almost 23 and is a 5-tool prospect, although he has been inconsistent. After a good showing in A-ball in 2005 (.793 OPS, 14 HR, 27 SB's, excellent walk-rate, and much improved defense) he started 2006 in A+ where he was awesome. He showed a lot of power and speed there and was then promoted to AA where he was even better. At 21, he combined that year to hit .306 with 29 HR's, 86 RBI's, and 16 SB's. His stock slipped last year because he repeated AA and hit only .254 and struck out a lot (although he did have 17 HR's, 31 2B's, 15 SB's, and a .345 OBP). Also, he bulked up which seemed to add some power, but definitely affected his speed.

He's an interesting prospect. In Anaheim he might be stuck, though. His best hope is that Brandon Wood takes over 3B and Rodriguez takes over SS (although Wood is the better defender) or he gets traded.

he pretty much summed it up...he projects as a middle infielder with good speed and pop...much like brandon wood, he strikes out alot...if he sticks with the halos, i cant see him being the ss with aybar and wood both being better defenders there and in AAA he has been playing 2b recently, so i think hes an insurance policy just in case howie cant stay on the field...

Travis Snider to AA.

My guess is Lind gets promoted to Toronto within a week and Snider makes the fast jump to Syracuse by the all-star break.

Brent Lillibridge got the call up today and the start at SS for the big club. He was hitting sub-.200 and really struggling down there. Could be a decent source of SBs but I haven't read much on him staying up and don't expect him to.

0-3 so far.

And it's official - Lind is up.

So is Jeremy Sowers - but it's not likely to be long, or useful...LOL.

sorry if this doesn't belong in this forum.

Again, I understand the desire to clean up forums and make it so it's not hit with 3,000 new posts a day, but I think having one thread for all call ups isn't necessarily helpful.

Having players called up (or about to be called up) is a huge catalyst for a lot of players to go to pick up a player. Having all of these posts in one thread is going to remove the notification of that catalyst (unless someone wants to subscribe to the topic and get 15 emails a day). You aren't going to see a new thread that says "MAX SCHERZER CALLED UP!" You are going to see a that there happened to be a new post in this thread about something. Since there will happen to be new posts in 500 other threads, people may not check it. They won't realize that there is useful information in the thread until after they've opened it.

Additionally pinning the thread will make it so that even if there is a new post, it's not going to jump to the top of the page. It's just always going to be in the same place, so there won't be anything different to call attention to the thread. it's going to be stuck there next to the terms of service and other "admin notices" and it will just get lost.

Again, I understand the logic of merging some topics and trying to clean some things up, but this solution will end just causing people to miss a lot of useful information in the name of trying to clean up the forums.

sorry if this doesn't belong in this forum.

Again, I understand the desire to clean up forums and make it so it's not hit with 3,000 new posts a day, but I think having one thread for all call ups isn't necessarily helpful.

Having players called up (or about to be called up) is a huge catalyst for a lot of players to go to pick up a player. Having all of these posts in one thread is going to remove the notification of that catalyst (unless someone wants to subscribe to the topic and get 15 emails a day). You aren't going to see a new thread that says "MAX SCHERZER CALLED UP!" You are going to see a that there happened to be a new post in this thread about something. Since there will happen to be new posts in 500 other threads, people may not check it. They won't realize that there is useful information in the thread until after they've opened it.

Additionally pinning the thread will make it so that even if there is a new post, it's not going to jump to the top of the page. It's just always going to be in the same place, so there won't be anything different to call attention to the thread. it's going to be stuck there next to the terms of service and other "admin notices" and it will just get lost.

Again, I understand the logic of merging some topics and trying to clean some things up, but this solution will end just causing people to miss a lot of useful information in the name of trying to clean up the forums.

What could work would be for people to pus promotions here and for Rotobronco to update the first post with all the promotions so they're all on the first page. As the season progresses and more and more players get promoted, it would be nice to have a sticky on the top of the forum showing an updated list of all promotions for the year.

What could work would be for people to pus promotions here and for Rotobronco to update the first post with all the promotions so they're all on the first page. As the season progresses and more and more players get promoted, it would be nice to have a sticky on the top of the forum showing an updated list of all promotions for the year.

Good points by all - if the thread gets large, it's definitely a concern to keep the promotions in 1 easily referenced area. So, dodgerblue's suggestion on editing the title page is worth a try, so long as I'm around (which isn't every day, but hey, the promotions don't happen every day either).

One further point - once a minors player makes it up to the big leagues, they almost *always* get a thread in the Main Forum, so I don't know that's it's as necessary to include big league promotions. But, if the demand is there, we can include it.

I included Snider & Teagarden as the main promotions I'm aware of so far & that have been posted here.

Comments are most welcome.

Antonio Bastardo made his debut for Double-A Reading on Saturday and allowed one run in 5 2/3 innings.

Bastardo received a well deserved promotion after going 2-0 with a 1.17 ERA, 20 H and 47/10 K/BB in 30 2/3 innings for Single-A Clearwater. He's a candidate to jump to the majors before the end of the year.

Just noticed Bryan Anderson got promoted to AAA for the Cards 6 games played now......

Todd Frazier made his debut for Single-A Sarasota on Thursday and went 0-for-3 with an RBI.

Frazier was hitting .321/.402/.598 with seven homers in 112 at-bats for low Single-A Dayton. He played left field in his Sarasota debut after moving throughout the infield for Dayton. Most view him as a long-term corner outfielder.

Thomas Hanson for the braves got promoted to Double A Mississippi after a 0.99 ERA. First start gave up 1 run in 6 1/3.

Darryl Thompson of the Reds is now up in AAA. Had a nice first start from the looks of it on milb.com

Clayton Mortenson had his first AAA start on Saturday...It was a less then stellar outing, though.

Also, Daniel Bard has 7 relief appearences in AA as of late....And has some gaudy K numbers so far this year (combined): 62 in 40.2 IP, with only 9 walks.

JP Arencibia has been promoted to AA. He should take over full time catching duties from Brian "My SLG is .08 points higher then my OBP" Jeroloman.

Was absolutely murdering the ball in A+, and now gets a chance to bat with one of the best of em in Travis Snider.

Trevor Cahill to AA. About time.

I was about to post that anyway, looks like Joshua Roenicke for the Reds is up in AAA now. Wierd Dusty thinks of him as a potential starter up in the bigs for next crack when he has reliever innings under his belt.

I was about to post that anyway, looks like Joshua Roenicke for the Reds is up in AAA now. Wierd Dusty thinks of him as a potential starter up in the bigs for next crack when he has reliever innings under his belt.

You have any sort of article on Dusty looking at him as a starter?

You have any sort of article on Dusty looking at him as a starter?

Can't access here at work... it's on cbssportsline though.

Michael Saunders, OF, Sea 21 years old. Promoted to AAA Tacoma and played his first game yesterday.