parrothead

Jonathan Villar 2017 Outlook

It is the end of July. I've been as big a proponent as anybody, but he's a mess. He isn't playing every day. He isn't drawing walks and he can't keep the average above .220. I just dropped in a 10-team league. There were simply better options on the wire. 

4 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Amed getting called up. Bye biggest bust of 2017.

Donaldson says hello, but I hear ya. 

7 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Just made the same move. Adios amigo!

18th most Ks in the league and only has 319 ABs and a shallow 8 HRs.  I guess his 20 SBs is the only reason to keep his .216 avg around?

I've been one of Villar's biggest believers. I'm in a deep league and kept him. We start 2B/SS & MI. He's been benched for me for a while (Jose Ramirez, Bogaerts, Josh Harrison). And I'm close to dropping. I held in hopes they'd trade for Kinsler and maybe he'd get tossed back to Detroit. I keep waiting, but might have to make a move if I need help elsewhere. He's definitely cuttable at this point. 

Sogard is 3-for his last-33 with 3 singles and one BB. If Villar can get ANYTHING going I think he could get a few starts in a row and reclaim the job. I'm gonna hold a bit longer. 

The problem is not so much Sogard but Perez at this point, especially with Braun healthy and Brinson and Broxton both on the roster. Perez needs 1-2 starts per week and it looks like it will come at the 2B expense. 

I finally cut yesterday in my 10 teamer, and it feels like a massive relief. 

On 7/31/2017 at 5:44 PM, MugsyBogues said:

Donaldson says hello, but I hear ya. 

On 7/31/2017 at 5:38 PM, TTRA1N said:

Carlos Gonzalez has some words for the two of you... unfortunately I drafted both CarGo AND Villar.  Pray for me.

On 7/31/2017 at 3:03 PM, Backdoor Slider said:

I've been one of Villar's biggest believers. I'm in a deep league and kept him. We start 2B/SS & MI. He's been benched for me for a while (Jose Ramirez, Bogaerts, Josh Harrison). And I'm close to dropping. I held in hopes they'd trade for Kinsler and maybe he'd get tossed back to Detroit. I keep waiting, but might have to make a move if I need help elsewhere. He's definitely cuttable at this point. 

I'm i the same boat. It's a very deep 16 team league. I'm close but it's not like there's anything I love on the wire. If there was, he'd be gone.

Went 11HR and 24SB in August and September 2016.  

30 minutes ago, parrothead said:

Sure did. It's worth noting but man he's just lost all confidence at the dish, and even with Sogard coming back to earth he's still not seeing regular PT. Could really be Perez that takes over at the keystone. Even in a deep 16 team league with no reasonable SS available I am just about at the end of my rope with him.

1 hour ago, parrothead said:

So all we need now is a time machine. 

Sitting again tonight.

That makes it 6 out of the last 7 games and 8 out of the last 12 games that he has not started.

1 hour ago, MonsterMan said:

Sitting again tonight.

That makes it 6 out of the last 7 games and 8 out of the last 12 games that he has not started.

Dropped a week ago. Still on the waiver. Officially the biggest bust of the year. He doesn't even play anymore.

Out of the lineup again. Wtf. This is ridiculous. Eric sogard sucks. So does perez. They are not MLB regulars...

1 minute ago, Hasselhoff said:

Out of the lineup again. Wtf. This is ridiculous. Eric sogard sucks. So does perez. They are not MLB regulars...

Neither is Villar. 

Ya ya repeat the same stuff as before. Just don't see how they don't want him to at least try to play his way out of a slump... He was so good last year. Now Shaw gets hurt and he still can't get in the game :lol:

He has been bad but Sogard has 2 hits in his last 30 AB. It's pretty ludicrous he isn't playing at all. This must be a personal problem with management. 

1 minute ago, TTRA1N said:

He has been bad but Sogard has 2 hits in his last 30 AB. It's pretty ludicrous he isn't playing at all. This must be a personal problem with management. 

it'snot just the hitting side.  Villar is a poor defender and has too many mental blunders on the base paths