GmGodine

Gary Harris 2016-2017 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, Kicker said:

they dont play against portland every night and denver wont score 130 also

People already calling him the WW pick up of the year.  Yesterday people commented on my thread suggesting taking Harkless and Rob. Cov. over him.

Just now, new3this said:

People already calling him the WW pick up of the year.  Yesterday people commented on my thread suggesting taking Harkless and Rob. Cov. over him.

You cant call him WW pickup of the year because he should not have been there in the first place. Harkless, Booker in the conversation for that.

5 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

You cant call him WW pickup of the year because he should not have been there in the first place. Harkless, Booker in the conversation for that.

Agreed. Just one game and people going crazy. I like Harris a lot and wish I had a guy to drop for him.

I wouldn't call him WW pickup of the year until at least 15 games and I also think he should have been on waviers. He is not worth holding for 3+ weeks when in that time you could have snagged guys like Harkless, Booker, etc. 

On 12/13/2016 at 2:50 PM, MONEY BALL said:

Got him off waivers. Not really a huge fan of the kid, but I hope he proves me wrong.

Well, I was wrong. Good job Gary.

14 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

That honor still goes to Wilson Chandler tho :lol:

To be fair from my previous post. I think he has all the potential to be WW pickup of the year and put up top 75 value. Denver rotations can be messy but besides that and injury it's possible. 

and yeah Wilson Chandler is pretty sweet pickup also. Clint Capela was another guy who was possibly drafted/dropped early in the year.

2 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

I cant believe i picked him up off the wire for free just two days ago in my 12 teamer

Same, I actually just picked him right now, halfway through the 4th quarter lol. Knew this was my only opportunity because if I waited he'd be scooped for sure. I had him last year and I've been keeping an eye on him this season too. I think we can expect some solid lines going forward. 

It's the same Gary who provided a consistent, efficient line every game last year. He broke out last year second half. Injury and denver's depth made him a sleeper. I actually picked him up as an IL stash two weeks ago. This game just shown he's a mid-round asset and is very important to Denver and Malone. 

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

To be fair from my previous post. I think he has all the potential to be WW pickup of the year and put up top 75 value. Denver rotations can be messy but besides that and injury it's possible. 

and yeah Wilson Chandler is pretty sweet pickup also. Clint Capela was another guy who was possibly drafted/dropped early in the year.

idk about top 75, top 100 for sure.

32 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

idk about top 75, top 100 for sure.

This. Harris will likely put up nice stats here and there, and there will be some games where a random denver pg sg or sf might step up.

Love this guy I'm hoping he can stay healthy this time. Picked him up yesterday had him earlier in the year and dropped him. Very lucky to get him back 

Hate to see him like that. Drafted him for 1$ had to drop him due to his injury (had Rubio, Dirk and Crowder at this time). Had a trade last week and needed all 3 adds this week to fill up my roster, but Harris was already picked up. After my adds he was but dropped immediately, cleared waivers yesterday someone got him as an FA and now he is gone forever because we have a keeper league with +7$ costs for every keeper for the next season. :( #csb #peppereridgefarmremembers

I scooped him, things are looking only UP but its only one good game lets not get our hopes up. His biggest problem is his inability to stay on the floor, so let's see if he can stay healthy the rest of the season because if he can he'll be a WW stl since he's probably the best defender on this squad. 

3 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

Papa Gary is back - he is a godsend for punt assist teams. 

Why punt assist? He gets a couple a game and that aint too bad for an SG.

14 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Why punt assist? He gets a couple a game and that aint too bad for an SG.

It's rare for a 3 and D guy to get good FG% like the way he does. At his ADP, the other 3 and D (not necessarily elite defenders in real life, just gets a good amount of steals) guys comparable to him were JR, Cov, Baze and KCP. If last year's post ASB tear were any indication, Gary would easily post higher FG% than those aforementioned players. It depends on how you built your team actually, I just view the extra assists from Gary as gravy. 

Edited by SicarioSanity

18 hours ago, ssolitare said:

He was just coming back from injury then too. We'll see what happens if he doesn't get injured again. 

I missed out on him :(

Great game tonight for him, hope he keeps it up though!

7 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Never on waivers in competitive leagues with knowledgeable owners.

Was ranked 76th overall in punt assists 8cat and 60th overall in 9cat over the final two months last season. I'll take that for My team. Something like Top 90 without a punt

Dont think everyone in Denver is staying healthy and even If They do Gary Will produce, just a hunch

Just discovered this forum... appears to be lots of intelligent basketball minds here and seems to be lots of quick responders so wanted to pose the question before Harris was scooped up in my league:

Would you cut Robin Lopez for Harris (10 teamer, H2H)?  My Cs/shot blockers are Cousins, Drummond, Jokic, and Giannis so my only hesitation is the blocks I'd lose from dropping Rolo...

Any thoughts out there?

11 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Just discovered this forum... appears to be lots of intelligent basketball minds here and seems to be lots of quick responders so wanted to pose the question before Harris was scooped up in my league:

Would you cut Robin Lopez for Harris (10 teamer, H2H)?  My Cs/shot blockers are Cousins, Drummond, Jokic, and Giannis so my only hesitation is the blocks I'd lose from dropping Rolo...

Any thoughts out there?

this is a player discussion forum...

These questions belong in the Assistant coach forum.