brockpapersizer

Giancarlo Stanton 2017 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

More like One-Carlo "Solo Shot" Stanton. Is he playing by himself?

I sold once it was clear to me his move to #2 in the lineup was permanent - if he was hitting behind Ozuna and Yelich in the cleanup position, I would have likely kept. It just caps his upside. 

Stanton's value, so largely hinging on HRs, is problematic when the league is hitting HR at a historical pace. Unless he puts up monster counting statistics, he simply isn't going to be a 2nd round or better player with so many (cheap) power options out there. Still a great fantasy player regardless. 

Feel like he's flying under the radar.

One hot streak away from being a top 25 guy.

Another night of looking lost at the plate.  Flailing at pitches he has no chance of hitting. 

Ho hum.  Another 0fer.  Hopefully he will chip in his one solo HR this week. 

17 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

lol he's gonna hit 40 bombs dude. What do you want? He's been awesome. 

Just now, mevins31 said:

lol he's gonna hit 40 bombs dude. What do you want? He's been awesome. 

Id prefer him to get some hits that arent his one HR a week every so often.  Maybe drive in some other people instead of flailing like an idiot at pitches 3 feet out of the zone or at his shoes.  He isnt going to hit 40 hrs hitting one a week. 

He goes through stretches where it looks like he'll be lucky to ever make contact again. I remember last year that brutal stretch where he struck out nearly every single AB for a good week or two. He'll come out of it, though, only concern with him is his ability to stay healthy for an entire season.

1 minute ago, absknicks said:

He goes through stretches where it looks like he'll be lucky to ever make contact again. I remember last year that brutal stretch where he struck out nearly every single AB for a good week or two. He'll come out of it, though, only concern with him is his ability to stay healthy for an entire season.

He's been in the league 6 or 7 years now.  He should have learned by now how to lay off pitches that he has no chance of reaching. 

Just now, jdbob11 said:

Id prefer him to get some hits that arent his one HR a week every so often.  Maybe drive in some other people instead of flailing like an idiot at pitches 3 feet out of the zone or at his shoes.  He isnt going to hit 40 hrs hitting one a week. 

He's going to hit 40 home runs man. And it's going to be at a .270-.280 clip. Write it down in your book now and dig this up in October. 

Sorry if during it he dips into the .260's but he's not on the juice like some of these guys hitting .330 out of the blue. He's doing it clean. I'll say it again, he's been awesome. Steady and without a real tear yet. If he gets one he'll hit 45 home runs. 

Just now, mevins31 said:

He's going to hit 40 home runs man. And it's going to be at a .270-.280 clip. Write it down in your book now and dig this up in October. 

Sorry if during it he dips into the .260's but he's not on the juice like some of these guys hitting .330 out of the blue. He's doing it clean. I'll say it again, he's been awesome. Steady and without a real tear yet. If he gets one he'll hit 45 home runs. 

I need some of the **** you're smokin.  He hasnt been anything close to awesome.  Judge has been awesome.  Stanton has hit .219 with only 6 hrs and has somehow only managed 11 rbi.  I dont feel like going to fangraphs and seeing how many K's or LOB hes had in that time.

2 homers in one day.  Wish he was more consistent and spread those out.  Bum a** top 25 player makes me so MAD!

Dude hits two home runs yesterday and now has the day off today...It seems to me that managers do that quite often...

3 hours ago, Zombies said:

Dude hits two home runs yesterday and now has the day off today...It seems to me that managers do that quite often...

Nolan Arenado is sitting today as well..it's typical star treatment getting hooked up with a day off for a day game

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX

On 7/5/2017 at 8:55 PM, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Figures I face this all or nothing luckbox this week....at least I know heading to SF he won't get many in that park

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

He hit an opposite field HR in San Fran...The announcers were commenting that sort of thing just doesn't happen very often...Rare for a righty to hit a HR to RF in that ball park...

On 7/3/2017 at 7:11 PM, jdbob11 said:

Or....4? 

On 7/3/2017 at 7:31 PM, jdbob11 said:

You could be right.  He could hit 50.

Only 26 home runs in 14 weeks? That's like...less than two home runs a week. Can't believe I drafted this guy. 

20 minutes ago, dod959 said:

He has entered god mode since closing his stance. 

It'll be interesting to see the adjustments made by opposing pitchers after the break. Stanton has more than enough coverage to the outside to stand back in the box and close his stance to get to those pitches, yet still get around inside stuff. But I imagine he'll be getting a steady diet of balls inside to test the stance.