Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_Commish

Ariza or Dieng for punt AST?

Aggressively punting assists this season in a relatively savvy two-keeper league, and trying to figure out who to prioritize in Round 5. Top of my draft is:

1. Durant (assumedly)

2. Traded pick

3. Towns

4. Kawhi

Assuming Ariza and Dieng are both available in Round 5 (though I know it's not a given), who should I be sure to grab? Blocks seems to be drying up real quick after Rounds 4/5 when I run mocks, and I don't wanna waste one of Towns likely advantages. Would love to know what people are seeing in their mocks and actual drafts for these two. Really not sure who the hell to target if both guys are gone by pick 44. And definitely not counting on getting both in 5 (#44) and 6 (#57), though that would be ideal.

I like both, but I like Dieng more.  He will give you across the board stats, plus good %s, while Ariza is very solid in 3s and steals, but is generally a slow starter and only really picks it up in the new year.  I do think you will be happy with either, but Dieng has more upside and should get plenty of PT.

Dieng has had some preseason troubles. Ariza is in the D'Antonio offense. Ariza's arrow is pointing up while Dieng's is down (slightly).

I still prefer Dieng, but it is a situation to monitor.

Yea, going upside with Dieng seems to be the play the more I mock. Ariza has a high ceiling in punt AST this year, but I'm more comfortable finding triples later on than serviceable big men. With the way my league's keepers have worked out, you hit R5 and you're looking at some combination of Dieng, Gortat, Jonas, and Nerlens, with Monroe and Kanter on the next tier. Like I said, blocks just evaporate, more confident I can find useful-enough wings as the draft progresses.