parrothead

Jean Segura 2017 Outlook

Been pretty useless lately without the speed.  Still a top 10 SS.  Keeper?  Not sure.

He tried to tag up and go to second base where his leg got hurt.  I didn't see the play but damn.  

2 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Thanks. The gloating text from my buddy I'm playing this week wasn't specific....

I was going to trade Segura today in a deal when my buddy got home for Manny. It wasn't just Segura in the deal but damn. Now that's not happening. 

The Mariner curse continues. They get red hot against a top team in Colorado. Get some momentum going with Paxton dominating last night in his return to the rotation and Felix maybe 2-3 weeks away and BAM. Down goes another top offensive player. Just a cursed franchise it's sad.

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

I was going to trade Segura today in a deal when my buddy got home for Manny. It wasn't just Segura in the deal but damn. Now that's not happening. 

Same here. Segura and one of my sps for manny. Fantasy baseball had been a joke this year with all the injuries. I want to kill someone.

Ack.  If anyone can provide an update from the broadcast, if any is given, much appreciated.  Hopefully it's not that bad.

as long as it's not the same hammy from earlier this year, i'll be happy 

ankle might be better

Definitely the ankle.  Late slide resulted in his foot being jammed into the bag.  Ankle bent awkwardly. 

wow. Please don't tell me I might be dropping the #3 SS in fantasy this week...

The throw to the plate got cut off well up the 3B line by Arenado and I think Segura thought he was going to be able to easily get to 2B so he wasn't ready to slide (dumb on his part...you should always be ready for a slide in that scenario) and so at the last second he dipped down to slide and still got thrown out. Jammed both legs into the bag hard and his right ankle was the one to give.

There goes my team batting avg and speed if he's done.  FML.

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:
Cruz and Segura to undergo more tests. Mariners hopeful they are just looking at a few days out. Will know more tomorrow.
TV / Radio Personality

this is good. need more information, obviously, but if nothing else, this update probably shows that all of the people on twitter who were like "omg he totally broke his ankle omg" are probably wrong. there could still turn out to be some awful torn ligament in the end, but if it was broken i think they'd know by now

3 minutes ago, wily mo said:

this is good. need more information, obviously, but if nothing else, this update probably shows that all of the people on twitter who were like "omg he totally broke his ankle omg" are probably wrong. there could still turn out to be some awful torn ligament in the end, but if it was broken i think they'd know by now

I agree with this.  Usually if it's really serious it's known immediately. 

Manager sounded super depressed talking about it after the game.  Said more tests tomorrow.  Usually not a good sign but wait and see.  This team is just snakebitten it's terrible.

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Manager sounded super depressed talking about it after the game.  Said more tests tomorrow.  Usually not a good sign but wait and see.  This team is just snakebitten it's terrible.

I'm hoping he's super depressed because of how many dang injuries they have been having and they lost Cruz and Segura today on top of it.  Just really praying it's more of a week to week injury rather then a 4-6+ week injury.

4 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

I'm hoping he's super depressed because of how many dang injuries they have been having and they lost Cruz and Segura today on top of it.  Just really praying it's more of a week to week injury rather then a 4-6+ week injury.

F that I am hoping its damn day 2 day, I have been killed by injuries all year so ya..

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

CMilne - I trust you on all things M's.  Was that about Segura, Cruz or both?  Maybe one is worse than the other?