parrothead

Jean Segura 2017 Outlook

Just now, chud12 said:

F that I am hoping its damn day 2 day, I have been killed by injuries all year so ya..

Zoolander_That_s_what_I_m_talking_about.

at this point...

f*** it i'll take 4-6 weeks

2 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

CMilne - I trust you on all things M's.  Was that about Segura, Cruz or both?  Maybe one is worse than the other?

That was talking about both of them.  Hopefully we get good news tomorrow.  Mariners have been decimated this year.

No break.  But likely going on DL.  Per espn radio I'm listening to while driving.

3 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

No break.  But likely going on DL.  Per espn radio I'm listening to while driving.

Thanks for keeping us posted.  Hopefully best case scenario, it's sprained and he'll be back after the minimum or shortly thereafter.

5 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

*phew* feels like a huge bullet dodged then

That'll be 2 DL stints for him early in the season.  Hopefully he readjusts.  No question that this puts a damper on his running game ROS.  I'm still optimistic about his keeper status though.

8 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Thanks for keeping us posted.  Hopefully best case scenario, it's sprained and he'll be back after the minimum or shortly thereafter.

That's the hope.  Hoping for just a sprain and no torn ligaments.  If it's just a sprain hopefully can get back in a few weeks.  Should hear official word before game.  But SS in Tacoma was scratched last night.  Mariners working with thin bench also.  Cruz will miss a few games at least by the sound of it, so that empties it even more.  So they'll likely be making a move here before tonight's game.

Edited by Cmilne23

Not sure if this is ok for this thread or if its bench forum. But anyone thinking about replacement options? Taylor Motter got a hell of a lot of love earlier this year. He should play everyday with Segura out. Anyone grabbing him? I hope it's not too serious of an injury

28 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Posting while driving ... stay safe Cmilne!

33 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I will take it at this point. Another DL stint for my squad, y not. 

to DL with high ankle sprain

just a sprain, not a break or some kind of full ligament tear = good, but high ankle sprains can suck. probably end up being like a month, in my armchair doctor wild guess / opinion

Justin Bour had a high ankle sprain last year. What did he miss, 5-6 weeks? And he completely sucked when he returned. Only example off the top of my head, but it's a bad enough one to make me unhappy.

ergh

but yeah. month is probably the minimum, that's the point we'll start hoping to see him. but then it probably winds up being another 2-3 weeks after that. similar to how it's going with haniger

yay

I am likely dropping once there is a bit more clarity. 1 Month+ and expect it to negatively affect his base stealing, which has already been a problem this year. 

Edited by Rainyy

Yeah post immediately if you hear anything regarding an official timetable. A month+ is drop city for a speedster with a high ankle sprain in shallow leagues

Edited by Dr. Whom

9 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

2 months?  Did he dip his ankle in boiling water after the game? 

i mean, "up to". what they're saying is somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks

but yeah, high ankle sprains will mess you up

Jean Segura (ankle) was already reporting major improvement in his high right ankle sprain and he said Saturday he feels he'll be back before the end of the month.

General manager Jerry Dipoto recently indicated Segura could miss up to two months due to the injury, so err on the side of caution. Players generally are overly optimistic and misjudge their likely recovery time. Taylor Motter will continue to see more at-bats while Segura is on the shelf.

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Jean Segura (ankle) was already reporting major improvement in his high right ankle sprain and he said Saturday he feels he'll be back before the end of the month.

General manager Jerry Dipoto recently indicated Segura could miss up to two months due to the injury, so err on the side of caution. Players generally are overly optimistic and misjudge their likely recovery time. Taylor Motter will continue to see more at-bats while Segura is on the shelf.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

Ok, Dr. Segura. I'll believe it when I see it.