brockpapersizer

Kevin Gausman 2017 Outlook

reminds me of max scherzer ... anyone who gives up after all this time is gonna miss out. 

3 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

reminds me of max scherzer ... anyone who gives up after all this time is gonna miss out. 

lol, that's quite a stretch.

"That mediocre pitcher reminds me of Nolan Ryan"

Edited by Roto4500

Well that performance basically lost me this weeks game.  brutal.  In a 12 team AL only league he's not droppable but he does head to the pine.  Lets hope James Shields is really back. 

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan4Life said:

Well that performance basically lost me this weeks game.  brutal.  In a 12 team AL only league he's not droppable but he does head to the pine.  Lets hope James Shields is really back. 

You might want to put your hope in something else

50 minutes ago, TomBradysCollegeRoommate said:

You might want to put your hope in something else

Lol, yeah the perils of a 12 team al only league.  It is my 4th pitcher slot, so I've got that going for me.  But you are right, I need to scour the waver wire for the diamond in the rough.

4 hits and 4 ER before even recording an out today against Boston.

Starting to wonder if he's pitching hurt.... brutal start to the season.

1 minute ago, rdf8585 said:

4 hits and 4 ER before even recording an out today against Boston.

Starting to wonder if he's pitching hurt.... brutal start to the season.

Or maybe he's just overrated trash, I'm thinking the latter.

2 minutes ago, quietj said:

Or maybe he's just overrated trash, I'm thinking the latter.

I don't see the hype and he's throwing his only dominate pitch, the splitter far less in favor of his slider which is a cement mixer that's getting bombed all over the yard.  If he's going to ditch the splitter he's a JAG IMO.  That's the pitch that sets him apart, but seemingly a lot of guys are ditching that pitch.  If he becomes fastball - slider 90+% of time he will profile as a 4.25+ era guy with likely a s*** whip given his inability to throw strikes consistently.  

18 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I don't see the hype and he's throwing his only dominate pitch, the splitter far less in favor of his slider which is a cement mixer that's getting bombed all over the yard.  If he's going to ditch the splitter he's a JAG IMO.  That's the pitch that sets him apart, but seemingly a lot of guys are ditching that pitch.  If he becomes fastball - slider 90+% of time he will profile as a 4.25+ era guy with likely a s*** whip given his inability to throw strikes consistently.  

But why are pitchers ditching it, injury concerns? I thought the slider was just as taxing as the split. Schilling pitched forever using it.

29 minutes ago, Gauthmann44 said:

Anyone else worried about the 7.50 ERA? Definitely a disappointing start. 

Not since week 4's Waiver period started.

No way you can start him @NYY later this week. All we can do is hope he gets straightened out and is not injured.

10 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

No way you can start him @NYY later this week. All we can do is hope he gets straightened out and is not injured.

I wouldn't start him against my son's AAU team right now. 4 runs on 8 pitches vs Bosox. UG-LEE. 

It looked like he was making a step in the right direction with 4 scoreless against the Yankees. Then crap hit the fan and he ended up with 5 ER on 8 hits over 6. Walked 2, fanned 3.

He finishes a shockingly bad April with a 7.50 ERA, a 1.970 WHIP and a troubling 17/20 BB/K over 30 IP. Opponents are hitting .328 off him.

This guy might as well be waiver fodder right?  Regardless what he did last year, he ain't getting it done this year.  You can't trot him out there against anybody.  What a bum

Gausman's night ended in the 2nd inning tonight after hitting Bogaerts with a 77 MPH pitch. Even considering the heat the series has had, that's insane. If a pitcher is going to intentionally hit someone, they're not going to do it with a 77 MPH pitch. Apparently, he was tossed without a warning.

Thought he may be hurt.  Was going to come here to see if anyone could give me assistance on how to replace his 7 era and 1.90 whip.  Guess I won't need that sort of hard hitting insight.

6 minutes ago, verycoolnin said:

Gausman sucks with his breaking pitches.  That was a ridiculous toss.

Fixed that for you.

3 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Fixed that for you.

So far, that is accurate.  He can throw 99 MPH, whatever.