Trader Mac

Carlos Correa 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

Less speculation, more analysis.  Chances are if you had Carlos you're in the hunt right now. Who are you guys looking at as a replacement? Short or long term looks like we all need a new SS.

I have my eye on Arcia and Miller.  Russell if he has been dropped in your league as well.

Going to be following Rosario from the Mets and Albies from the Braves very closely, hoping they get the call.  

Im probably going to cuss a lot and throw things

Just now, kidtwentytwo said:

Im probably going to cuss a lot and throw things

We both forgot to drink.  Hard liquor.  Heavily.

9 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Less speculation, more analysis.

LOL, ok guy. This just happened 15 minutes ago. They are saying it's a jammed thumb. It's wait and chill time, you must chill just like they are chilling Correa's hand right now

5 minutes ago, Hangry Bird said:

LOL, ok guy. This just happened 15 minutes ago. They are saying it's a jammed thumb. It's wait and chill time, you must chill just like they are chilling Correa's hand right now

Hey a few days or a few weeks or a few weeks regardless you need a SS replacement if you lost him.

Just now, radioflyer9 said:

Looks like a DL stint is coming. Give this kid some rest to recover properly for the stretch run

might as well. Kind of not great that it bothered him over the break and he didn't get over it. But at the same time if it was hurting him before the break, he mashed 2 homers on the last day before the break.  Seems like 10 days to a month off coming. They can slide Marwin to SS, call up Fisher, play Marisnick  more too. They have the depth and a lead.

Most Correa owners should be in good shape in their standings with the production he's given out of the SS spot to withstand a 10 day absence 

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX

30 minutes ago, svtballa said:

No update??

He is going on the DL, no need for them to rush out the news at this point.  Best case 10 day DL, worst case 6-8 weeks imo.

33 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

He is going on the DL, no need for them to rush out the news at this point.  Best case 10 day DL, worst case 6-8 weeks imo.

He aint going to be gone 6-8 weeks with a jammed thumb. 

Edited by brockpapersizer

2 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

He aint going to be gone 6-8 weeks with a jammed thumb. 

Probably similar to the Trout Comments in that thread.

1 minute ago, heyeaglefn said:

Probably similar to the Trout Comments in that thread.

I guess we'll see. Trout had a ligament tear.  I said if it's just a jammed thumb, he isn't missing 6-8 weeks.  

Just now, brockpapersizer said:

I guess we'll see. Trout had a ligament tear.  I said if it's just a jammed thumb, he isn't missing 6-8 weeks.  

I never had it, but I would assume people that had ligament tears described their injury as jammed thumbs before being looked at.

Same injury as Trout.  Brutal. Maybe he comes back the last week but I would bet he's gone for the rest of the regular season.

1 minute ago, brockpapersizer said:

Ok you were right @heyeaglefn :(, big time

I wish I was wrong.  You could tell something was up though if this was still bother him from the 4th of July or whatever.

Just now, MrMartyBarrett said:

Well.  This may put a nail in my coffin.  Need to trust brad miller, or the mets (Rosario). Not looking good 

Peraza + DeJong for me. Stick a fork

probably should have played it cautiously initially when he hurt it the first time, seeing how far ahead they are in the standings... but what's happened happened already. hope he heals up quick