Rotoworld.com Forums

buy low on Klay Thompson?

rotojoe

I really avoided klay this year in drafts...  Yes i will try to buy low him..  But it should be really low (around rank 80 which i doubt they will bite).. But his strengths are not so hard to get... He could just be a reddick of last year... Thats to risky for me... If i own klay i will be willing to trade him for the likes of oladipo/jokic or even batum

I therefore conclude it is impossible for me to get thompson this year

10 minutes ago, nbachamp said:

I really avoided klay this year in drafts...  Yes i will try to buy low him..  But it should be really low (around rank 80 which i doubt they will bite).. But his strengths are not so hard to get... He could just be a reddick of last year... Thats to risky for me... If i own klay i will be willing to trade him for the likes of oladipo/jokic or even batum

I therefore conclude it is impossible for me to get thompson this year

OK, I won't offer Jokic for Klay.

Should I offer Jokic for Batum?

I agree, I think with the scarcity at SG and looking at your roster, if you can get either klay or batum for jokic I'd do that.  I think I'd prefer Batum for his more across the board production and concerns over Klay's role. If Klay has two more stinkers with low usage, you'll be glad you steered clear or you can try to get him for a bigger discount.

Help here?

I personally dont trust Jokic with Nurkic coming up, so I out of fear got rid of him LOL. But i think Jokic for klay would be great hoping klay steps up. however your team is kinda shallow on bigs, as its jsut horford, ibaka, jokic so i personally would keep jokic as you need more bigs imo.

6 minutes ago, Dlex859 said:

I was just offered Klay for KCP.  Why am I struggling to hit accept?

take it and run. but don't run too fast or the commish might see you. once Klay's shot starts falling he'll be a top40 player again, which is a steal for KCP.

Yeah not to derail the thread but Dlex you HAVE to take that. No brainer. Biggest obstacle could be a league uproar lol. You win every single aspect of that trade. KCP is better than Klay at literally nothing other than maybe 0.2 or so more steals a game. Klay KILLS him in scoring and threes and efficiency. Not even close.

OP, I would honestly trade Jokic for Klay. I think Klay is going to bounce back and be great this year. He's shooting like 10% from three, it's bound to come up. He's generally overrated in fantasy and yeah, his strengths are easier to find cheap than most, but I think we're getting to a point where he's underrated. Jokic has some definitely obstacles in his way with Denver's big man logjam and their propensity to go small late. Klay is "safer".

Archived