Fuzzy_Slippers

Trea Turner 2017 Outlook

What are the likely position eligibilities we can expect as the season progresses? He is 2B/OF in ESPN currently.

35 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

What are the likely position eligibilities we can expect as the season progresses? He is 2B/OF in ESPN currently.

He is the starting shortstop, which is a return to his natural position.  So five games in he will add SS eligibility depending on your league.

Any chance he keeps 2B eligibility next season? He'll cost me all of $6 in 2018, so it's a no-brainer even at SS, but he's gold at 2B.

On 3/29/2017 at 6:12 PM, AroundTheHorn said:

That escalated quickly (his draft stock). Brett Lawrie anyone? LOL.

....and i just cursed everyone drafting him 14th overall. Ban me later.

3 minutes ago, AroundTheHorn said:

....and i just cursed everyone drafting him 14th overall. Ban me later.

looks like im safe then since i took him 9th;)

14 hours ago, elemess said:

Any chance he keeps 2B eligibility next season? He'll cost me all of $6 in 2018, so it's a no-brainer even at SS, but he's gold at 2B.

He is the franchise SS so I doubt they will be moving him around this season unless there is an emergency.  If Murphy gets injured I assume the utility guy would take over 2B.  Not take over SS and move Turner over to his non-natural position of 2B.  That would make no sense.  He only played 2B and CF last year because he was blocked by Danny Espinoza at SS because, you know, Dusty loves journeyman vets.

I am in a 12 team dynasty format 4 keeper league... I picked him up last year off waivers because panik wasn't cutting it lol one of the luckiest pick ups you could get ... the value this kid has coming in with Kershaw correa and Giancarlo Stanton rounding out my 4 keepers I'm one lucky fantasy player coming into this year

BUY THE HYPE CAUSE ITS REAL!

Just saying it was a laser shot and already a stolen base. I love owning Turner in a keeper league

Almost hit an oppo taco and he didn't even fully square it up. Jesus this kid's power is legit.

So on pace for 162 SB this season?!

Thats conservative because it assumes he wont get another today B)

6 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

This guy sucks.  Has whiffed twice with RISP.  Brutal K's too.  Has bust written all over him.

Thanks for the heads up, dropped.

Sort of off topic but if the Nationals hadn't drafted Strasburg but used that pick on Trout the OF would have been Harper, Trout, and Eaton with Turner at SS. And the Nats did have the #1 pick that year. 

16 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

This guy sucks.  Has whiffed twice with RISP.  Brutal K's too.  Has bust written all over him.

Good point. As everyone knows, the average major league player strikes out ~10 times in a season. Turner's current strikeout rate is unprecedented in the modern era so I can understand owners wanting to abandon ship. 

That said, I have an internal policy where I only start dropping my 1st/2nd round picks after the second to third week of the fantasy season. Around the third week, you really have a robust sample size and can more or less extrapolate a player's production. 

Just be patient, hold for another week, and if he strikes out again, he's probably a safe drop.

21 hours ago, DemOrioles said:

Dude went 0-8 after his first hit. Come on now. Hit and SB today. Back at it.

On 4/5/2017 at 9:13 PM, DemOrioles said:

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

3 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

0-5.  3K's.  Only Nats player today to not get a hit.

There are 50 Shades of Trea right now.....and they are all dark.

Concern level: zero.  Already 2 SB.  He will run wild.  His floor is still a top 50 player due to elite speed.  

22 hours ago, j14nelson said:

Anyone else concerned here?

A bit but his speed will pretty much bring his floor way up so no matter what he's not going to be a disaster.

It's pretty obvious, guys. TT got called up before he had a chance to complete all of his Eagle Scout badges. 

Particularly this one:

21531401863_69637eb491_b.jpg