Damn I had him stealing about a 80-100 bags off what he did last year

SAD!

He was not gonna steal 80-100 bags..

Ya'll need to relax lol

Trea isn't some dried up old bag of potatoes

He is a confident, supple, young man who's muscles are limber and willowy

We don't need negativity in here

38 minutes ago, troutmask said:

Grain of salt sure, but alot of teams seasons just ended 2night.  Tough to come back from loosing your 5-CAT stud 1st week of seaon.  Sorry

jags.gif

TT said he didn't pull or tear the hamstring and isn't worried about it.  Should be back in lineup in 2-3 days.

Eligibility question:  In leagues where 5 games at a position is required last night (the night he injured his hamstring) was game 5 and all at SS.  CBS however is only giving him credit for 4 games at SS even though their own gamelog shows 5 games played.  Are ESPN, Yahoo or others similarly treating it this way?  I'm guessing it's because the injury occurred in the top of the first and he never actually played on defense at SS in the bottom of the inning despite technically starting the game, playing in the game, and getting an AB as the starting SS.   

28 minutes ago, flyhighx said:

Eligibility question:  In leagues where 5 games at a position is required last night (the night he injured his hamstring) was game 5 and all at SS.  CBS however is only giving him credit for 4 games at SS even though their own gamelog shows 5 games played.  Are ESPN, Yahoo or others similarly treating it this way?  I'm guessing it's because the injury occurred in the top of the first and he never actually played on defense at SS in the bottom of the inning despite technically starting the game, playing in the game, and getting an AB as the starting SS.   

That's an interesting hypothesis, but I have no idea if that's true or not.  Although, if he made the starting lineup, I would think playing the field doesn't matter, but I could be wrong on how they evaluate that.  He's not SS-eligible in Yahoo yet, FWIW, but they could also be behind on updating the status (like usual).

It is a mistake if leagues don't give him the fifth game---he had an at-bat, and that has to correspond to some position in order for the original lineup to be legal.  If it isn't at SS, what was it?  He was announced at SS, he was in the lineup card at SS, and he could only bat if he were in a position.

At least in the case of CBS (first I googled) their eligibility rules say "During the fantasy season, all MLB players will remain eligible at their initial (pre-season) designated primary position, and will also be eligible at any position at which they played at least 20 games in 2016 or at least 5 games in 2017"  It does not say 'play defensively' which would be necessary to support him not getting credit for last night.

Absent explaining how he batted in a lineup at some other position, Turner played his fifth game at SS last night, even if he never appeared in the field.

Im not so sure it's a mistake. Baseball rules are so tricky, that actually there is a possibility that a player is NOTHING.

I happened to see a game when a player entered the game as a pinch runner, and later in the same inning he came to the plate to hit, at which point he wasn't a pinch runner anymore. But he wasn't anything else either. As explaned during the broadcast he was NOTHING, because he did not take a defensive position on the field yet, despite the fact that the player he pinch ran for, had a defensive position.

Not taking the defensive position might be the case here too, but Im only guessing.

Edited by JCD

5 hours ago, JCD said:

Im not so sure it's a mistake. Baseball rules are so tricky, that actually there is a possibility that a player is NOTHING.

I happened to see a game when a player entered the game as a pinch runner, and later in the same inning he came to the plate to hit, at which point he wasn't a pinch runner anymore. But he wasn't anything else either. As explaned during the broadcast he was NOTHING, because he did not take a defensive position on the field yet, despite the fact that the player he pinch ran for, had a defensive position.

Not taking the defensive position might be the case here too, but Im only guessing.

There is not any possibility that a player is 'nothing' at the start of a game though---the player has to be in the lineup card, and has to have a designated position.  That is why this situation is so clear.

I agree later in a game there could be ambiguity on whether the player was in a position (pinch-hiter, pinch run, double switch, etc.)---but, that is not the case here.  There simply is not an argument I can see for not giving him the game, unless the rules actually say 'defensive game' which I know at least CBS' do not.  What are CBS, ESPN, Yahoo actually doing?

Lovely. So much for being able to make an informed decision before my weekly lineup locks 1 p.m. tomorrow. 

Every league is unique, but I'm going to quietly shop around my Trea Turner share to see if I can find someone who will give me first/early second round value in return.  A hamstring issue for a player whose value is so closely tied to his running ability has me spooked.

Get used to teams using this 10-day DL option really fast, even when an injury isn't that serious. Joe Sheehan wrote a great article on it. There are probably fantasy teams out there who already have 4/5 guys on the 10-day DL right now and it's only Week Two... 

Edited by Sine_cera

Unfortunate start to the season for sure but by the end of the year this is going to be a tiny blip on the radar. 

This blows. Most of us probably grabbed him early and didn't go searching for SBs later. Hopefully this means he is healthy when he comes back. Nothing we can do about it.

Selfishly, I have Beltre coming off the DL (hopefully) and have no one to drop, so this is convenient.