Fuzzy_Slippers

Trea Turner 2017 Outlook

Super bummed that he will only be SS eligible going next season. Having 2B,SS,CF was fantastic! I'm sure he will gain at least one of those back next season.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Super bummed that he will only be SS eligible going next season. Having 2B,SS,CF was fantastic! I'm sure he will gain at least one of those back next season.

I was thinking they will swing Difo around and might play Turner in the OF every 7-10 games or so.

7 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

7 hours ago, STLSU said:

I was thinking they will swing Difo around and might play Turner in the OF every 7-10 games or so.

It would be nice he gets in around 10 games, unless its 20 in your leagues in the OF but I dont see it. 

Taylor, Werth, Hendrick and now Difo earlier today/yesterday...OF is crowded.

3 hours ago, Gryfter said:

It would be nice he gets in around 10 games, unless its 20 in your leagues in the OF but I dont see it. 

Taylor, Werth, Hendrick and now Difo earlier today/yesterday...OF is crowded.

Also don't forget that Adan Eaton is back from the DL next year as their regular center fielder.  I don't think Trea will play at any other position other than SS next year just as he hasn't as well this year.  Top SS never usually do.

Just be grateful to own one of the very best SS going forward.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Also don't forget that Adan Eaton is back from the DL next year as their regular center fielder.  I don't think Trea will play at any other position other than SS next year just as he hasn't as well this year.  Top SS never usually do.

Oh, no doubt.

I was just responding to the 2 posts I quoted. They were talking about Trea losing OF eligibility for next season.

Edited by Gryfter

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It would definitely be best to keep him at SS, but it is Dusty Baker still.

so we have only 73ish games in so far for Turner and he is already putting up per game production of the elite top 15ish overall.  This is with a 280 average and the walks are only going to increase o_O

9 minutes ago, STLSU said:

so we have only 73ish games in so far for Turner and he is already putting up per game production of the elite top 15ish overall.  This is with a 280 average and the walks are only going to increase o_O

and is more power than you would think 

20/60 floor next year if he plays 155 games

edit - hell hes gone 20/70 in his last 141 games

Edited by colepenhagen

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

20/60 floor next year if he plays 155 games

Don't see that happening

43 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

we taking trea over bryant, mookie, machado, stanton, springer next year

If he's got OF and 2B/SS next year, I probably would. I'm keeping Machado over him just because I can keep Machado in the 6th vs Turner in the 1st. If you have no round penalties for keepers, I would prefer Turner since he should lead the league in SB up there with Hamilton

yea it has been mentioned before but you are looking at prime jose reyes line with more power potential 

20 hrs 70 bags 110 runs 80 rbis  285ish avg

On 6/29/2017 at 6:28 PM, colepenhagen said:

im not here to say i told you so.... maybe a little 

but if you couldnt see the speed and ability to hit big league pitching.... thats on you

easiest top 10 pick i have made in some time (outside the normal top 5)

This has to be the greatest RW jinx post of all time. Check the date/time. Literally MINUTES before Trea broke his wrist. 

On 9/21/2017 at 5:11 AM, b0nfire said:

so is he really gonna go 120 R/20 HR/80 SB next year?

man you crazy? we're talking 250r, 60hr, 180sb, with a .700 ba

the hype on this kid is wild