ryno1980

Kyle Schwarber 2017 Outlook

On 6/11/2017 at 7:46 PM, azeri98 said:

I think i saw somewhere that he has the 2nd worst BA among everyday players

He does yet people want to use the "he's being unlucky" argument. No he's not. His BABIP is .197 and his xBABIP is .205. This is not the same case as someone like Castellanos who is being unlucky. Schwarber's AVG is where it should be considering his peripherals so far this season. 

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/babip-validations-using-xbabip-the-laggards/

I'm not going to defend Schwarber, but folks keep trotting xBABIP numbers out there like they're gospel.  It's an incremental improvement (Podhorzer's words, not mine) that provides a little more insight based on batted ball profile, but you can't just say that BABIP and xBABIP lining up means there's been no luck.  Plenty of players under/overperform their xBABIP.  I love a shiny new analytical toy as much as the next guy, but let's not pretend we can point to xBABIP and say "luck isn't a factor."

At least he'll always have one unconditional fan.

Capture3.png

Maddon is killing this kid with the days off and lineup changes. 

Let him 6th or 7th for a 3-4 week stretch everyday. Give him a lower priority order but put him in RBI positions, not batting him 1st or 9th. 

Schwarber was given everyday AB's for about the first 4-6 weeks of the season and did nothing with them.

2 hours ago, cad300 said:

Maddon is killing this kid with the days off and lineup changes. 

Let him 6th or 7th for a 3-4 week stretch everyday. Give him a lower priority order but put him in RBI positions, not batting him 1st or 9th. 

Maddon must of been reading this thread. Batting 6th tonight 

2 hours ago, elsegundo said:

Schwarber was given everyday AB's for about the first 4-6 weeks of the season and did nothing with them.

Insert a lot of names at the catcher position here. Fact is that he has 11 HR, which is good enough for second at the position. It's a wasteland at catcher this year. 

3 hours ago, elsegundo said:

Miss the part about batting him 6th or 7th? Batting him leadoff was really, really dumb, and batting him 9th is an utter waste, too. 

Rolling him out there tonight ... I will not give up on The Schwarbino 

1 hour ago, evillaw4eva said:

You're welcome everyone. After holding on forever I dropped him before the game today. ?width=355&version=2459919

No! But he's kind of heating up now?  Did he have C eligibility?

16 minutes ago, FUM said:

No! But he's kind of heating up now?  Did he have C eligibility?

No, just LF. He was sitting on my bench and I have too many injuries right now. Wonder if he will clear waivers... 

If he can get the strikeout rate down I think he can come around. He still gets on base and hits for power.

4 hours ago, jseay65 said:

Everytime I bench him, he homers. 

Same. It's basically a guarantee he goes yard If I pine him :blink:

The leadoff thing was a disaster.  He needed a good bat behind him to protect him until he gets hot.  Bryant should hit behind him. 

39 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

The leadoff thing was a disaster.  He needed a good bat behind him to protect him until he gets hot.  Bryant should hit behind him. 

When he was leading off wasn't the order Schwarber, Bryant, and Rizzo? Or are you saying if Schwarber bats 7th for example then Bryant should bat 8th?

56 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

I think the lead off thing was a disaster too but it wasn't because he didn't have good bats behind him he had Bryant and Rizzo behind him. It doesn't get any better than that. 

I think his game is made for the 4th or 5th spot in the lineup. He is a run producer not a table setter. 

I was at the game last night and he absolutely crushed that ball. It's definitely the farthest hit homer that I've seen in person. Later on in the game, I chatted with a security officer who showed me where the ball ended up landing (past the bridge and hit the stadium exit). It's crazy to see how far 467 feet is from home plate. 

I'm not sure if he will be put it all together, but he's really, really strong.

Edited by warningtrackpower

10 minutes ago, warningtrackpower said:

I was at the game last night and he absolutely crushed that ball. It's definitely the farthest hit homer that I've seen in person. Later on in the game, I chatted with a security officer who showed me where the ball ended up landing (past the bridge and hit the stadium exit). It's crazy to see how far 467 feet is from home plate. 

I'm not sure if he will be put it all together, but he's really, really strong.

Username doesn't check out.

15 minutes ago, b0nfire said:

Batting 3rd now....

The rollercoaster never ends

Maddon loves to tinker with the lineup. The problem is too much tinkering while you're losing looks like desperation.