Sign in to follow this  
goldbaby11

Jameer Nelson 2016-2017 Outlook

2 hours ago, dorwell said:

Denver will make a change on the pg position, pretty sury I think. Maybe he gets traded or goes back to the bench. It would surprise me seeing him as no 1 pointguard after the trade deadline.

So much hedging and speculation in one post.  Impressive.

There is a night and day difference in the way this Denver offense operates with Nelson at the controls in place of Mudiay. The Nuggets are aiming their sights on the 8th seed and a potential matchup vs the Warriors, who they defeated pretty handily a few nights ago. And before anyone says that GS was missing Thompson in that game, you must also take into account the absences of both Gallo and Chandler for Denver. 

A GS/DEN first round series would be must-see TV in my opinion so I, for one, hope the Nuggets trade away Mudiay (as has been reported as a possibility) and leave Nelson running this team for the remainder of the season. 

18 hours ago, BoogieNights said:

So much hedging and speculation in one post.  Impressive.

Thanks. I did my best.

Got a good feeling about Nelson running the show with Jokic for the ROS as Denver makes a chase for the playoffs.

Obviously things can/will get shaken up before we resume play again next thursday, but Nelson can clearly still ball. 

Wish I didn't drop him...still some questions around consistency and staying healthy but he's worth a pick up

I just let this guy go as a throw-in along with W. Chandler so I could get Thad.  Picking up Thad as my anchor for steals was nice, but if Jameer's starting and Chandler goes to somewhere where he'll be starting and has a better PO schedule, I may regret that move.  

Wow, thrilled at this news. Must-own IMO. Guy's been raking recently and returning top-40 value in the past two weeks. Glad I stashed.

Doubt he continues to put up the numbers of late.  At the very least Mudiay will play and cut into a few minutes of Nelson's court time.  He should still be good for 1.5 3s, 4-5 assists a game though which is pretty good for a PG off waivers.

Hmm not sure if I wanna hold this guy he's cooled off a ton lately... might rather stream his roster spot 

Picking him up for the 2nd round of the playoffs.  He seems to be the starter. They have so many guards it's hard to choose.  Going with the lowest floor.  Am I wrong?

"Jameer Nelson has agreed on a one-year deal with the Pelicans, according to Shams Charania of The Vertical."

If you're in a deep league, go pick this guy up. I believe he'll have a shot at playing around 27-30 minutes per game (some next to Jrue Holiday), and could have sneaky value in 9-CAT leagues.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw 9.0 ppg / 2.5 reb / 4.0 ast / 1.3 3PM / 1.3 T/O statline until Rondo returns.