Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChicksDigTheOPS

An Odd Predicament (WHIR!)

Hey all

Apologies for so many new threads lately.

It's just... my league is in a bit of a trading frenzy

Here's the predicament:

have you guys ever seen the show Hoarders? I haven't. But I am hoarding wide receivers.

it's a two-WR, one FLEX league (non-PPR), so I can start three max

My squad has: Cooper, Robinson, Alshon, Landry, Moncrief, Coleman, and Watkins. 4 of them sit on the bench every week. It kind of blows, but I think all of them should be owned for upside.

on the flip side, my RB2 is Peyton f****** Barber. So I badly need running back help.

now, the most stacked team in our league has 3 elite backs (Leveon, Ajayi, Ware) as well as Derrick Henry, Dujuan Harris, and Thomas Rawls.

He has 3 receivers (Evans, Crabtree, Demarius).

I offered Jarvis Landry (98% owned; plays SD, SF, STL next 3 weeks) for Thomas Rawls (43% owned, Nov. 20th return at the earliest)

that's a 55% discrepancy in ownership percentage.

Initially I thought Charcandrick West for Rawls was a good offer. He gets backup for Ware; I get a wild lottery shot at Rawls.

Rejected.

So I said screw it and offered up Jarvis Landry. He is thinking hard about it, but our lack of trade history tells me it's likely a "no"

And then I started thinking more about it: why am I trying so hard to convince someone to accept my 98% owned, hyper-talented player for a player who will be out at least two more weeks, may get eased in slowly, will run for arguably the worst offensive line in football, is recovering from injury, sucked earlier this season, and is in a potential timeshare with Prosise and Michael?

So I decided "screw it" and pulled out. Kind of a douche move, but I'm frustrated. If I can't trade someone with a running back farm for a 98% owned receiver, in exchange for a 43% owned guy who he'd likely never start... when are we ever going to agree on a trade?

THE BIG QUESTION

Should I put the offer back out there? Is it worth losing Landry for the small-ish chance that Rawls makes an impact down the stretch?

Thanks so much for reading, I know this is long. I will definitely, definitely help in return.

P.S. If it helps, I am 6-3 and tied for 1st in my division. There are five teams at 5-4, so the playoff hunt is going to be insane. But I plan on being there.

P.P.S. You are probably thinking "why the heck haven't you already traded some WR for running back help?"

First off, I've created a reputation as a notoriously conservative trader who is fond of 3-quarters-for-a-dollar-bill kind of offers. The reputation is warranted and I am sorry.

Second, the sports knowledge of my league isn't particularly strong. It's not like I'm playing against my grandma or anything, but most of my leaguemates are very attached to current player rankings, rather than identifying a players actual talent/situation and seeing upside and talent. So that adds another obstacle when trading.

Landry's value has dropped due to Ajayi's success. Landry is probably worth a little more, but based on Miami's success running the ball and your needs, I think you can afford the trade. Barber will not hold the job once Martin or Rodgers returns, plus Sims may be back in week 13.

4 minutes ago, joed0 said:

Landry's value has dropped due to Ajayi's success. Landry is probably worth a little more, but based on Miami's success running the ball and your needs, I think you can afford the trade. Barber will not hold the job once Martin or Rodgers returns, plus Sims may be back in week 13.

“I did a bad job yesterday,” Gase said on Monday when asked why Landry didn’t get the ball more on Sunday.
"It’s my job to make sure that our best player on offense is getting the ball.”

I sent that quote to him before the offer. Those are pretty strong words.